What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CRC 101, Intro to CRC and packing a poor man’s CRC

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks was googling CRC methods. So far I have abought a lot of bap CRC shit and will never bother with it again because it always tastes off at not low low temps.

I was actually googling to find if there was a lab that tests for extracts made in this method. Anyone know if there is a place I can send off a G of diamonds and sauce to test to see if it was made using CRC method?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks was googling CRC methods. So far I have abought a lot of bap CRC shit and will never bother with it again because it always tastes off at not low low temps.

I was actually googling to find if there was a lab that tests for extracts made in this method. Anyone know if there is a place I can send off a G of diamonds and sauce to test to see if it was made using CRC method?

Where are you located?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
If the color is also a producer of nasty compounds (say chlorophyl), which then smooth out the smoke or vapor, it makes sense to do this. I imagine cannabutter could also be filtered and get the green color out, but IMO not needed for an edible.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not 100% sure I understand. What is the end result, clear rosin?

Sorry I missed this. Chromatography separates the different constituents of the solution passing through it, so you can keep the ones you want and discard those you don't, which may include color remediation.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the color is also a producer of nasty compounds (say chlorophyl), which then smooth out the smoke or vapor, it makes sense to do this. I imagine cannabutter could also be filtered and get the green color out, but IMO not needed for an edible.

The C-10 through C-22 target elements are all relatively non polar and range from without color up to light yellow.

The polar C-15 anthocyanin plant pigments are glucosides (sugars), and both C-40 carotene and C-55 chlorophyll have color.

Green chlorophyll that has deprotonated into C-55 pheophytin also still has a brown color.

None of those add to the quality of the concentrate, so no loss. Where quality losses occur is when more of the C-10 and C-15 constituents are left behind or not reintroduced in the right proportions post CRC.