What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the elderly asylum

armedoldhippy

Veteran
are you old? grumpy? want to shoot up DC? tired of dealing with pain? sick of young folks oblivious ignorance of reality? tired of the neighborhood kids playing in your yard? :biggrin: here is a place to sit & bitch about it with me. :tiphat: maybe sign up & join the Gray Panthers organization. motto - "we're old, we're tired. get off of our lawn!"

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
lol AOH - I would be willing to join ya'll - since I am about to turn 60 quite soon - but the only problem is that I have a 9 year old son and an 11 year old daughter that I am currently raising - I'll promise to keep them off your lawn - well since your lawn is probably many thousands of miles away - that should be quite easy -

picture.php

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Damn dude, 60, with 10 year old kids. Nice planning. LMAO There are times when I wish I had had a family and kids. Being alone in life has it's advantages but it can be a little empty, sometimes.

Is your wife that much younger than you? I doubt she was having kids at 50. Give them a smack on the back of the head from Uncle Ringodoggie.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
It only gets easier to get pissed off at youthful stupidity the older one gets

:: speeds through school zone ::

Bobby Boucher

I'm lurking in the corner.

My hair is completely salted over, my neck is destroyed from a million miles of driving and 20 years of high impact sports, my legs are grey, my ears are gnarled, my eyes are old and bent.. my toenails have snapped off so many times they've morphed into indestructible snow white talons, people are constantly telling me to buy myself new clothing or to get out more often or to see a doctor.. I go through 4 pots of coffee and a pack of cigarettes every day, I only ever listen to music from the 18th and 19th centuries. I wear freaking dentures.

I would challenge anyone here to a "who's grumpier" contest any day of the week. I literally just sit up at my bedroom window in front of my piano, every single day, all day long, waiting for someone outside to give me a reason to yell down at them, just trying not to pity the buffoons driving past subjecting themselves to the same music that the government uses as a means of torture.

Getting grumpy just thinking about it.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Damn dude, 60, with 10 year old kids. Nice planning. LMAO There are times when I wish I had had a family and kids. Being alone in life has it's advantages but it can be a little empty, sometimes.

Is your wife that much younger than you? I doubt she was having kids at 50. Give them a smack on the back of the head from Uncle Ringodoggie..

Yeah man - I was in my late 40's when getting old and being alone occurred to me - so I actively went out into the world in search of a good woman I could love - and loved me - who would be willing to start a family with me - and I headed for S.E.Asia - knowing that the people there hold much more value in having families - and looking after old folks - rather than sticking them away in some old peoples home -

As luck would have it - in early 2007 - I found the lady who was to become my wife - who was willing to bear our children - and she was at the most fertile time of her life - she was 23 years old - half my age -

What made me decide to ask for her hand in marriage in 2014 - was her proven dedication to me - even at my lowest ebb - locked up in a shit-hole jail - in the Philippines - yet she still stood by me - thru 2 and a half years - till I was allowed to deport back to the UK - she kept me sane - visited me regularly - and gave me a reason to keep on keeping on -

I love the activity and laughter of having a home with loving wife and kids - its too lonely without them - and I know that because it took nearly 3 years to get her and the kids over to the UK from the Philippines - to be able to live with me once again - this time in the UK - after 5 and a half years of forced separation - I was a lonely/grumpy old man - till they showed up!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
AOH, have you tried CBD oil yet? My guess is NO but I suggest you give it a try. It's a great choice for helping to cope with BS during trying times, like right now!!!:tiphat:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my yard is a ninja trap of cactus hidden in bushes...smart kids stay out of my yard....the dumb ones no one misses!

Smokerman

Veteran
I’ve been told by more than a few people I’m a grumpy old shit and I’m only 61. Dealing with stupid people tends to set me off pretty good, it doesn’t take much.
Being in pain every waking hour doesn’t help tho.
So yeah I guess I’m ready for the elderly asylum.

Cvh

Supermod
Threads like this make me happy to be a young lad just halfway his 30's.
Cheers all. :biggrin:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Its not all over at 60 mate - or I hope not - still plenty of gumption in this honorable member of the house -

If you are very lucky - you might make it to the grand old age of 59 and 3/5ths - remember your green cross code - and watch out for wolves in sheeps clothing - salute.

Threads like this make me happy to be a young lad just halfway his 30's.
Cheers all. :biggrin:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As a guy who is quickly approaching 50, I may not be "old" technically, my body tells a different story.

"it's not the age. It's the mileage."

Now I'm going to go outside and yell at these stupid clouds to stop making snow. It's too damned early in the year to have to shovel this crap.

M

moose eater

are you old? grumpy? want to shoot up DC? tired of dealing with pain? sick of young folks oblivious ignorance of reality? tired of the neighborhood kids playing in your yard? :biggrin: here is a place to sit & bitch about it with me. :tiphat: maybe sign up & join the Gray Panthers organization. motto - "we're old, we're tired. get off of our lawn!"

I'm with you on most points, AOH, with the exception that I seem to have encountered a measurable presence of youngsters who are rightfully pissed off at the circus of a political reality we've prepared for them, our own selling out as a generation, and noting that many of those who speed through parking lots as though it's their own private freeway, (pedestrians be damned), are often middle-aged.

Otherwise, yeah.

You know what used to be said about old people, right? "Don't mess with them. They have very little left to live for, and they're already on their way out. They essentially have nothing to lose."

And few stimuli can amp up a tirade like chronic pain. Probably half the reason Docs once gave pain patients such consistently heavy doses of opiates, muscle relaxers, and sedatives (aside from pharma perks and profits); the Docs wanted to make it home that day.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts