What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haskel pneumatic refrigerant pumps

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some stellar news!

I importuned Haskel's Western Region Account Manager to directly provide technical answers to questions on this forum, and the home office approved it!

I just sent him the IC Mag front page for registration, and am starting this thread on Haskel questions for his direct response.

Ask away, and stay tuned to this space for the gospel from the Haskel man!

Hee, hee, hee............

JColtrane

This is amazing news!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Id like to welcome Haskle to the table ... the only solution. I guess my first question would be do they have any other pumps that might work other than the model that has currently worked for us? They seem pretty modifiable ... maybe options that require a smaller compressor?

Next maybe we could talk about gaskets and maintenance since we'll be dealing with a lot of Terpenes which might rip apart gaskets.

Thank you GW again!!!

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Really glad to see the Haskel Co step up to the table. Since concentrates are going to be a major part of any canna business, having a manufacturer step up, acknowledge what they already know their equipment is being used for, and being here to answer questions is huge!!
Thanks Grey Wolf, Haskel rep, and IC for bringing it!!
One question tho, and you know I gotta ask, IC mods aren't gonna kick him out for "promoting his business" without buying a banner are they?

Dave at Haskel

Haskel Pumps

Haskel Pumps

Hi everyone, I'm the Regional Manager from Haskel and, as you may have guessed, my name is Dave. I'm excited to be here and I want to thank Gray Wolf for telling me about this site and introducing me!

I'm excited to announce that we are just about ready to go with a new pump designed specifically for this industry. The pump that everyone has been using is the 59025, which has worked very well, however (I'm going to try not to get too technical as I describe this) it is a two-stage pump, which means the butane is pumped twice. In my observations and meetings, I have found that in butane extraction, the butane needs to be pumped from about 50 psi to about 150 psi. That pressure boost does not require two stages, our new pump will look very similar to the 59025, but since it is only handling the gas once, both chambers can be used to almost double the throughput of the pump. Additionally, all of the connections are being changed to stainless steel and there will be a connection to vent off any butane that leaks across the main seal. Of course the new pump will also have viton seals in the gas section.

The new model of this pump will be: EXT420
EXT is for extraction, the 4 indicates that the pump has a ratio of 4:1 and the 20 is the displacement of the pump per stroke in cubic inches (any other meaning of the model number is just a coincidence...... ;) )

Please feel free to post any questions or comments. I look forward to participating in this forum!

Dave

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Hi everyone, I'm the Regional Manager from Haskel and, as you may have guessed, my name is Dave. I'm excited to be here and I want to thank Gray Wolf for telling me about this site and introducing me!

I'm excited to announce that we are just about ready to go with a new pump designed specifically for this industry. The pump that everyone has been using is the 59025, which has worked very well, however (I'm going to try not to get too technical as I describe this) it is a two-stage pump, which means the butane is pumped twice. In my observations and meetings, I have found that in butane extraction, the butane needs to be pumped from about 50 psi to about 150 psi. That pressure boost does not require two stages, our new pump will look very similar to the 59025, but since it is only handling the gas once, both chambers can be used to almost double the throughput of the pump. Additionally, all of the connections are being changed to stainless steel and there will be a connection to vent off any butane that leaks across the main seal. Of course the new pump will also have viton seals in the gas section.

EXT is for extraction, the 4 indicates that the pump has a ratio of 4:1 and the 20 is the displacement of the pump per stroke in cubic inches (any other meaning of the model number is just a coincidence...... ;) )

Please feel free to post any questions or comments. I look forward to participating in this forum!

Dave

What kind of compressor would this new model require?

When is the ETA?

Approximate cost?

Thank you!

prune

Veteran
Just sitting here grinning ear to ear…

The new model sounds like everyones wish list, hopefully it's enough of a hit that it spawns a little brother!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Welcome to ic... great to have u guys actually have us in mind an design a machine for our line of work.. when r these gonna be available. .....
U should name it ic-420 instead of ext ;)

Dave at Haskel

What kind of compressor would this new model require?

When is the ETA?

Approximate cost?

Thank you!

The EXT420 uses the same Air Motor as the 59025, so if it is ran at the same speed it will use the same volume of air. To get the maximum cycle rate, the pump will consume about 25 CFM at 90 - 100 psi. However, if you give it less air, the pump will still cycle, it will just cycle slower. The drop in cycle rate is relatively linear, so if you only gave it 13 CFM of air, I would expect the pump to cycle about 30 cycles per minute. Additionally, since the EXT420 has twice the displacement of the 59025, you could give it half the air used on the 59025 and still get approximatley the same flow through the pump.

We are taking orders now for the EXT420, but production is still ramping up he parts we need. Realistically, we probably won't be shipping until towards the end of January, 2015. The extraction demand for these pumps has caught us completely off guard, traditionally, we have sold about 5 pcs of the 59025 pumps per month, now all of the sudden we are seeing orders for more than 30 units per month. The demand has completely stripped us of all of the parts we use to make these, as I mentioned above, we are ramping up our suppliers to keep up with the new demand.

The price of the EXT420 should be the same as the 59025-3-28000-2. Please contact a Haskel distributor for pricing information.

Thanks,

Dave

~Alaska~

Dave,

First off welcome and thanks so much for spending a little time with us!

Is there any plans to figure out and publish the recovery rates with various compressor combinations, specifically a compressor that isn't three phase.

Thanks,

A

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Thank you thank you! Both gw and haskel Dave!!
Lol at the model number!

I'm also interested in non 3phase compressor options.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really glad to see the Haskel Co step up to the table. Since concentrates are going to be a major part of any canna business, having a manufacturer step up, acknowledge what they already know their equipment is being used for, and being here to answer questions is huge!!
Thanks Grey Wolf, Haskel rep, and IC for bringing it!!
One question tho, and you know I gotta ask, IC mods aren't gonna kick him out for "promoting his business" without buying a banner are they?

In this case, it is my thread, not Haskels, and the agreement is to answer our questions, and take our input, not sales promotion.

icdog

Great news Dave. what happens to the EXT420 if you use it with a compressor that doesn't have a refrigeration unit on it?

GW your awesome!

gholladay

Dave
Welcome Dave!! This is AWESEOME news! Can't wait to see this bad boy in action! Love the model number too!

G

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
In this case, it is my thread, not Haskels, and the agreement is to answer our questions, and take our input, not sales promotion.

LOL. You never know how one of the mods around here are gonna take things. Seen some strange things over the years involving a lot less.
Thanks again for bringing Dave into the discussion!!

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're honored! A few...

What's your service policy? Will you do repairs at any of the Authorized Repair Facilities? Under warranty? Rebuild parts availability? Are you committed to keeping our pumps up and running, no backorders on parts?

Best, John S

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts