What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the best strain to avoid panic attacks

I ask advice from more experienced to solve my problem
I can tell you that the panic attacks I was only in high
now as I'm afraid to smoke
Advise me to start over a strain:thank you:

b8man

Veteran
In my experience, aurora indica, flo, sweet tooth. But anything leaning heavily on the indica side helps.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FMH welcome to ICMag, sorry to hear of your attacks brotha, I hope that has gotten better for you. We all react differently to various strains so it is always hard to help with what is best for you. In general Sativa strains seem to aggravate anxiety issues rather than help Peeps with them. So I’d stick with Indicas, but bring your dosage up slowly with them as well. Your condition could be aggravated by both! Have you seen a doctor for those attacks? That might be helpful too. Be well..DD

Thanks to all
I overcame panic attacks due to psychotherapy without medication of shit but I have not touched most grass
I since then I have not approached the more cannabis (8 years have passed) but now I want to start smoking again
The first attacks began just under the influence of grass (it was already 5 years that I smoked assiduously)
I would like some advice on the approach, most spinel or vaporizer
indicates there any quality specification for this?

Thanks again to all

Digit

i had a friend for whom that would happen. he just stoped toking for a while. when he started up again, i think (iirc), blueberry and jack herer were two strains he was particularly keen on. oh, and any kush strain too.

my own anxiety has never reared it's ugly head when on cannabis. i seem to go the other way. if i dont have cannabis, that's when i get the panic attacks. horrible, horrible, horrible things. i've had no significant amounts of cannabis to really test this out since my anxiety got bad, but in general, from memories distant, and more recent, anything thai is a no-no. indicas generally work great. and, flo, it does seem to stand out as a very special unique sativa, far more motivational, happy, up, and lubricating, not agitating. so it's good news if you dont like the idea of being stuck on the couch.

great tips there i reiterate: low doses.

like, even just one tiny flower head, and see how you do with that.

also, for helping prevent panic attacks and anxiety in general, supplement lots of vitamin D3, and a B-vitamin complex, especially high in B12. and get plenty omega oils in your diet too. staying off caffeine and alcohol helped me, and my friend, loads and loads too. ... and not to mention liberating oneself from the clutches of the tobacco corporations.

' all the best. :)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maple Leaf Indica. Never heard of anyone freaking on this. I would get real hyper on some pot and if I got doing something, no freakout. If I stayed in one place things could get bad.

Not all sativas will work against you and not all indicas will calm you. You kinda have to experiment a bit. Any of them will be better if you wait for a lot of amber before you harvest.

monkey5

Veteran
Small doses .. very small hits .. even the noids can be controlled! Just do not get greedy..or try to smoke joints of that type weed! Match Head hits can get you very high if its the right type weed. I always like those strains because I can smoke much less & still get very high! You can also mix it with another type weed that is not as sativa leaning! Enjoy! monkey5

GDB

Silver Pearl was one of the most anti-anxiety strains I have ever sampled. It was a pleasure to smoke and every bit of anxiety in your body just eased away. Experience is obviously subjective between users so proper titration is recommended. Start small and work your way up as tolerance can also factor in to how much a specific strain affects you.

devilgoob

Veteran
I quit klonopin cold turkey and have been getting seizure-like symptoms, panic attacks, night terrors, nasuea, light is confusing.....

Then when I smoke the herb, just like alot of folks...I got a little paranoid. :)

A lot of people quit because of that, but I know some hindu kush or blueberry doesn't not do this to me.

None of the sleeper strains put me asleep, they just lessen my anxiety. It's kind of like my relaxing benzodiazepine makes me feel sedated, but I don't just sit there - I feel better and more at ease and able to move around.

So I am taking a break and spending that money on an indoor mission to grow out some fine indica that is really for my mental health.

If the government ever busts me for pot, they will have a law suit and the fucking constitution will change before I ever plead "guilty." Pleading guilty means you're wrong. Those pills fucked me up. Let the government explain how a professional licensed....with 8 years of school doesn't give a SHIT about me, but me playing around with a damn plant is super-illegal even though 12 states have medical laws.

I will tell the first judge I meet that half his fucking friends don't use their blinker on the outskirts of town JUST because there isn't anyone around. Well blinkers are to warn everyone you don't see.

So they risk lives in order to not flip a switch and I could be recording every single one of those "upstanding citizens"

hello man one thing I am very happy not to have been born in the U.S.
because you give drugs like candy!
I hope that you shall take you in the right way using cannabis

Thanks for writing, I think this thread can help many people

silver hawaiian

Veteran
This is something that I'm always aware of too - sometimes it's not the right-when-I-smoke effect, but rather the sort of accumulation over time, from a certain variety or another..

I'm naturally a bit geeky and anxious, but there are times it really peaks.

Lots of good advice here (that I found to work for myself, in terms of varieties that don't seem to muck with my anxiety).

I'd say Blueberry, anything Kush (Hindu Kush in particular), .. I have some Old Grandad (Pure Kush x [Purple kush/Deep Chunk]) which is fantastically not speedy.. :)

And like some other folk have said, it's just as important the variety as how much you're consuming it.. And how you're consuming it, for that matter. I've found that vaporizing really scratches the itch without bringing on the anxiety..

Best of luck man! :ying:

i want vaporize
good i want start my new grow whit indica and high cbd
man there are strain low rider for anxiety or panic attack ?

devilgoob

Veteran
A lowryder would only be "ok" for anxiety, but it's varying cannabinoid ratio has impurities compared to land race indica. Masterlow would probably be better if you're doing the small plants. I would say vegetate and grow out some Hindu Kush - which means Hindu Killer.

30 days veg, 60 for flower. You can make clones, otherwise you'd have to do a seed run and sort out male and female.