What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deep chunk really disapointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
utterly stone-less tasteless, smell-less, light butter smell, if anything.

real dissapointing, and i have all these clones of it, dont want them.
oh how sad!!!!

whats worse, my clients dont give a shit for it. hahaha what a genetic hunt, 2-3yrs of searching ... wasted...

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
um, I'm not an expert but maybe you didn't get the real thing? Was your source legit? Hope you get it resolved.

i got them from oaksterdam nursery dc x sc but they look just like all the DC pics. i even traded a friend for the straight DC. its a quick finisher, moderate yield.

2 phenos, 1 kept.

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How can you call it Tom Hill DC when you say you got a cross from Oaksterdam? It's not fair to bash Tom when it's not really his work.

Tolpan

I really like Deep Chunk. The phenos we got were very nice and strong smoke. Not the biggest yielder, but Deep Chunk really shines in the crosses we did or I have bought! First Deep Congo was a blast and I would give all my mothers away for the mum I kept until the mite attack.

But I had the same experience with other strains that were highly recommended and I couldn't understand it, after trying them. I won't say which, but they were very pricy.

Good luck with your next hunt! Thats life. sometimes you win and sometimes you loose!

Cheers

Tolpan

G

gogoplata420

if you got clones how was it a 2-3 year hunt? could explain more on how you came about this conclusion cuz i got a pack of these in fridge and im afraid the hype train got me again :nono:

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Theres knock your socks of phenos, out there. But from my research DC is a breeded strain. I dont know that i found anywhere, that tom has said DC is that knock your sock's off 1 hitter quitter. But if you check some of the guys picks who have grown DC that have found phenos that they love. And they have made hybrids that the love even more.

But im willing to bet anything. That in a pack of DC theres more than enough moms and dads to choose from. Tom even says, open pollinate your pack, run 50 beans, and you find that sugar coated pheno I drool over. I'd love to run some of the DC hybrids thats been made around here.

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
um, I'm not an expert but maybe you didn't get the real thing? Was your source legit? Hope you get it resolved.

i got them from oaksterdam nursery dc x sc but they look just like all the DC pics. i even traded a friend for the straight DC. its a quick finisher, moderate yield.

2 phenos, 1 kept.

Hi Digital H :wave: I would run a pack of Deep Chunk seeds before I gave up on them, I imagine the 'sc' part of your cross has all but ruined the DP from what you say.
Deep Chunk is a top quality strain, super smoke, great breeding tool - crossing with sc being an obvious exception to that rule as I said :mad: -
Tom Hill himself say's it produces resin of the highest quality and you can trust the mans word, I personally think you have been conned, I don't know what clones cost but a pack of seeds right now is $90 at the Bay, you can be sure they are fresh and genuine. I would give it another go, it would be awful if you had by passed a really suitable medicine because of some rip off artist.

You never said!, how is your friends Deep Chunk?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You go and buy something from Oaksterdam, crossed with who knows what, and then come here and bash Tom Hill and call it Deep Chunk?

I think you owe the man an apology. I have 2 other strains that look like Deep Chunk, but they're not. Look what Assuming got you. Before slamming the real thing, grow it first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.