What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Paranoid? Try vaping your medicine....

Hey everyone! So I'm completyly high right now and thought i'd share some experiences. I've been extremly parnoid/delusional with smoking pot either through a bong or regular pipe, and almost gave up on it completly. I mean so scared out of my mind, i feel like passing out or dying. Not a very uncommon experiece by some, especially those who don't smoke on a regular basis. Anyways, my wife uses cannabis for chronic back pain , so pot is always around and i keep coming back to it, hoping that i can reach a comfortable high like i used to. So I bought a volcano to vape , hoping that the alternate delivery of THC may work different. Boy , was I right! I can get completly wasted and no hint of paranioa. I suffer from depression/anxiety attacks and take meds for this. My psyh of course says that pot can induce panic attacks and that i should stop. However this sacred herb has opened my mind to see things in different persceptives and has been mentally healing in many ways. So if any of you suffer from anxiety when smoking you may want to try vaping, it has allowed me to enjoy this medicine again.

I also wanted to know if any of you have experienced this? Am I just weird or something?

D

deathtosoapbar

Hey everyone! So I'm completyly high right now and thought i'd share some experiences. I've been extremly parnoid/delusional with smoking pot either through a bong or regular pipe, and almost gave up on it completly. I mean so scared out of my mind, i feel like passing out or dying. Not a very uncommon experiece by some, especially those who don't smoke on a regular basis. Anyways, my wife uses cannabis for chronic back pain , so pot is always around and i keep coming back to it, hoping that i can reach a comfortable high like i used to. So I bought a volcano to vape , hoping that the alternate delivery of THC may work different. Boy , was I right! I can get completly wasted and no hint of paranioa. I suffer from depression/anxiety attacks and take meds for this. My psyh of course says that pot can induce panic attacks and that i should stop. However this sacred herb has opened my mind to see things in different persceptives and has been mentally healing in many ways. So if any of you suffer from anxiety when smoking you may want to try vaping, it has allowed me to enjoy this medicine again.

I also wanted to know if any of you have experienced this? Am I just weird or something?

Intersting point...ive never vaped so i cant comment but i found for example that when weed is smoked with tobacco rather than pure it can cause anxiety because of the mix effect and since i now only smoke pure i never have paranoia even with haze strains but with tobacco mixed in paranoia was more likely particularly with commercial tobacco as they add ammonia nitrate to the tobacco to convert nicotine into free- base nicotine for a more harder hit and therefore more addiction and worse withdrawls to keep people hooked ..bastards...

PrinceOfPersia

Intersting point...ive never vaped so i cant comment but i found for example that when weed is smoked with tobacco rather than pure it can cause anxiety because of the mix effect and since i now only smoke pure i never have paranoia even with haze strains but with tobacco mixed in paranoia was more likely particularly with commercial tobacco as they add ammonia nitrate to the tobacco to convert nicotine into free- base nicotine for a more harder hit and therefore more addiction and worse withdrawls to keep people hooked ..bastards...

Thoose bastards scientists doing experiments and making us more addicted.
I hate cigarets. Never thought of it as a way of inducing a little paranoya to the weed you smoke. Interresting?..

N

NC2MD

Personal Experience

Personal Experience

Everyone reacts to substances in different ways. I have a vaporizer and if I take two good hits then I get a little paranoid. You may find that different strains also lead to more or less paranoia. Sativas almost always bring a little "paranoia" with the high for me. Or sometimes smoking around a group of people that you don't feel comfortable smoking with, even though they are smoking, will make you feel anxious. I would say try a real heavy indica or even a 50/50 hybrid.........hell....try as many strains as you can until you find one right for you. It's the beauty of this plant. More and strains are created literally everday. Interesting stuff about the mental healing capabilities........probably not primarily through chemical pathways, but it's the way you are perceiving the world when you are "high" that allows you stop thinking in your usual way. Sometimes, depending on the strain, you can really see yourself from an outside perspective. Meaning you can take a look at your life without all the normal excuses that you give for being the way you are and start to see how others perceive you. Then you realize what you need to change or not change. It helps you to become comfortable with just being you. We're all human man and there's nothing to be paranoid about. Just keep livin'
Peace

anarchist

it's true, vaporizer is much better then bong.
1. it's healthier
2. give more clear high so yes there is less paranoia, but it also depends on strain and pheno. if you have paranoia when smoking, then try other strain or pheno...
3. your herb last longer
4. almost no cannabis smell, you don't have to worry about odor that much when you use
5. no smoke, no second hand smoke health hazard to anybody in your presence, no contact high like if you are in same room when somebody hits a bong

those are all positive things, i know vaporizers are expensive but your health is much more important and eventually vaporizer pays itself overtime because you use less herb for same effects

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah they are great!

I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks/OCD and vaping has never really left me paranoid in the last year i have been using it.
It is my saving grace!:woohoo:

boroboro

TRUE! Well, for me anyway....

I used to get paranoid after smoking, mainly just worried that others would smell it. I quit smoking for years, then just used tinctures. Now I use a vaporizer daily, and there is NO paranoia at all.

It's interesting to hear others are having similiar experiences. Glad to hear im not the only one . I've tried smoking 100% indicas through a bong, and yep they induce panic attacks as well. :noway: So for me its not a indica/sativa thing its more of a route of delievery. I grow my own, so i know what im getting. I did an experient a while back and vaped on some strawberry smile , which is about 80% sativa, and got a nice crsytal clear high without the unwanted panicky feelings. I could reproduce this high time and time again. So im convinced that the vapor has less of something in it that induces panic attacks vs smoking. Maybe when smoking, since its combusting, there are added cannoids, sorry for the spelling, that induce these panic attacks...who knows.....

The only down side to vaping right now is the portability of the volcano. Been thinking about ordering the i-inhale, the portable handheld vaporizer, once i get the cash. Vape On!:woohoo:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Anyways, my wife uses cannabis for chronic back pain , so pot is always around and i keep coming back to it, hoping that i can reach a comfortable high like i used to.
What kind of cannabis? How was it grown? Did it come from a dispensary or other known source?

Trippin that the vape works! Need more input!

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you should try it,
but know that there are plenty of reasons to vape,
so you wont really be let down.

your like me maybe.. my paranoia comes from the fear of getting caught when i smoke.. when i vape the smell is non exsistent and theres no risk of getting caught.even if it isn't risky, safe location.ill still get it..like when i go over to someones apartment and smoke i always get paranoid because im not familiar with the surroundings,never when i bring over the vape. .i think thats what it is..i vape some serious sativa without the paranoia..

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Either I have a crappy vaporizer or I need a lot more practice.
Always leaves me 'missing' something. *shrug*

Granted, my vape is a crappy box element type with glass bowl and tube.

I'll break it back out a when I have some extra meds to play with in the future. :D

Digit

interesting.
interesting original post and replies.

i find i get anxiety attacks when not consuming the herb, and never have had it when consuming, though i know it can happen having seen it happen to a couple friends. i did get freakishly paranoid on some thai a couple times tho.

i can imagine how vaping would work for this though. it does make some sense.
the mixture of other cannabinoids, the other "active ingredients" and likely alot of the other stuff thats generally not considered "active", but is probably having some synergistic effects.... yeah... vaping would cut alot of that out.

i think one of the biggest issues though, has to be (to simplify) indica vs sativa. or to clarify, cbd and/or cbn vs thc and/or thcv. the former two are the calming, the latter two have more potentially more loony qualities. get the ratio between them right, and this would likely be an even bigger help than mere method of intake alone.

Vdubz

Either I have a crappy vaporizer or I need a lot more practice.
Always leaves me 'missing' something. *shrug*

Granted, my vape is a crappy box element type with glass bowl and tube.
Dude, those thing suck, big time. At least get a vapor genie or something so you have a respectable comparison, definitely worth it IMO.

bens lab

Agree mate, buying a volcano & SSV were the best purchases I have made in a long time. Also giving up smoking cigs was massive for my anxiety, I think anxiety it connected to the lungs in some way, I used to get it bad after I would smoke tons of mixed joints and feel various pains in the chest area.

If I really fancy a smoke now, I use a little bubbler or have a small pure joint. But my ssv is the only thing that gives me that I hit I crave now. It's crazy how quickly you can break & change your habits.

Latest posts

Latest posts