What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2009 outdoor fun with: WD C99, BJxDC, DCxLS, The Church, and more

C

coxswain

This year I decided to grow my own stuff. I got some seeds from friends but also purchased some. I'm seriously fed up with the pour quality that we get on the streets here. There's some variety at the end of the year but other than that it's lung crushing SuperSkunk wether you like it or not. This thread is for keeping track if I need to check on something later on. Comments are welcomed of course.

9.3. - 3x BJxDC
10.3. - 5x DCx"local sativa" (LS) aka Esmeralda
27.3. - 1 Mazar I Sharif SB freebie
30.3. - 6 WallyDucks C99

Edited:
I figured I'd add information on how I germed WD C99 seeds. I described it in this thread. Post #8.

I keep them on 14,5 hours of light in small vege room. DC crosses are already getting used to outdors. Soon C99 will follow. I need vege room for clones and 12/12 if I'll be doing those.

03-30-2009

Vege room:
picture.php

1,2,3: BJxDC
4,5,6,7,8: DCxLS a.k.a. Esmeralda
9: Mazar I Sharif, SB freebie
10: Wally Ducks C99 just sprouting
11,12: Church and bagseed flowering (trying to reveg)

WD C99 week old (6.4.09)

picture.php

picture.php

BJxDC (lower three in the right row), DCxLS: 40+ days old

picture.php

picture.php

WD cindys 18 days:

picture.php

picture.php

Girls sunbathing and getting used to outdoor.

picture.php

C

coxswain

What has to be done, has to be done. Hole digging. It's a job that's best done in late fall but I decided to start growing a few months ago :D

Fighting with rocks. Wish I had a pick. Spot is perfect though. 10+ hours of sun facing SE.
picture.php

Guerilla stile garden :D Lower part and sides are "shielded" with plastic foil to keep as much water in as possible. 3feet x 2.5feet
picture.php

Covered and left to "cook" with 100g of water crystals and 5 litres of chicken manure.
picture.php

Need to dig a few more holes bring more good black soil found close by and some cow manure from neighbouring farms.

C

coxswain

From my old batch of WD C99s I got 4 males and 1 female. I decided to start the rest of the beans. 5 left.

10 days from seed WD C99s
picture.php

Church on reveg, going out soon.
picture.php

This is suppsed to be some real good medicine. Unfortunately I don't know the strain. Plan is to keep it alive as much as possible, smoke it and cross it with C99 for some seeds.
picture.php

DCxLS (Esmeralda #1, #2, #3, #4) showing sex :).
picture.php

picture.php

I'm finnaly putting out some of the stuff. 2 DCxBJ 4 Esmeraldas, The Church. Waited for rain to long. Taking other measures.

C

coxswain

Outdoor fun with: WD C99, BJxDC, DCxLS, The Church, and more

Outdoor fun with: WD C99, BJxDC, DCxLS, The Church, and more

Time for a little update:

Out of 4 DCxLS ladies I gave 2 to my friends and two are in the forest :). First two are in the forest. I was experimenting with guerilla water collar followinf silverback's thread. I used 10 liter reservoir/plant. Punched 3 to 4 mm holes to the bottom of reservoir but discovered they were to big. I will plug some holes on next watering and see if it works. Reservoirs are burried approx 10 to 15 cm into the ground.

Esmeralda #1, forest site
picture.php

Esmeralda #2, forest site
picture.php

Esmeralda #3 @ friends place. He doug a hole bought 20l of soil for flowers and transplanted her. This one is reaaaaaaly doing great and looks quite healthy. I hope he doesn't chicken out and keeps her to the end. :)
picture.php

#4 is apparently also doing well but I don't have pics of her.

BJxDC crosses at forest. They are also supported with water reservoir which I described above.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Reveged church:
picture.php

Killer bag seed. Still flowering. Doesn't want to reveg but I don't care. She'll get some C99 polen.
picture.php

My cindys. So far one lady (big one) only out of 11 seeds. I'm hoping i get at least two more. 2 of them are in the 1/2 coco/soil mix. 2 of them are coco with 15% perlite. And one only coco. 5 gal. containers. Will do LST on them.
picture.php

C

coxswain

Thanks Peksman and AdvancedGenetix!

This is my Cindy garden. Lower row males, upper row females. Doing LST on them. I'm really surprised at how quick LST results are seen. LST ftw!
picture.php

Fighting with powdery mildew from the start of this grow.
picture.php

This batch of C99 looks really susceptive to it. I've tried sulphur, fungicide based on lecithine. Atm I'm waiting for some new stuff. It's based on Penconazole and it's supposed to have long lasting effect. Will report.

Here are some of the shots of clones that I took from my males. 3 survived and hermied on me. Don't know why. Perhaps light leeks. They still look cool to me though and it's kinda nice to see trichomes on "males". :)

picture.php

picture.php

Gureilla plots will get updated soon.

Peace!

C

coxswain

Hello tonto!

wow awesome.
how big was your hole for the forest grow among ferns?

There are 4 forest holes. Biggest one is 3feet x 2.5feet. It has a variable depth since there were some boulders in it that my showel couldn't handle. I needed a pick but you can't drive with mountain bike and a pick around. It's just wierd :) Depth varies from 2 feet to 1 feet. There are two plants in it.

All of the holes have water cristalls in them. I've even installed water tanks experimenting with guerilla watter collar. But I punched holes that were to wide into water containers and water just ran out. I'm pondering on solution. plugging the holes and making them smaller. Still a lot of time till dry season. It's been nothing but rain so far.

C

coxswain

Lepo cox lepo
you will have some good stuff in october
More pics plizz :D
Is dcxls - esmeralda?

Yes. DCxLS _is_ Esmeralda. I can update my grow journal if you wish so. I wasn't sure if you wan't to name her publicly.

C

coxswain

Really nice cox. Did you solve the problem with PM?

Not in the long run. I applied another sulphur spraying yesterday. Sulphur is so far the only thing that effectively destroys PM in an instance. But the bastard returns in couple of weeks. Fungicides and neem oil that I applied as preventitive measure also didn't help. I'm getting topas 100 now and I'm thinking of acquiring GreenCure since it also helps with fighting bud mold. Silverback says it helps growing strains that would otherwise mold 1 month earlier. That alone seems like a good investment to me.

Cheers!

C

coxswain

I was mountain biking yesterday and lookie lookie what I found :D.

Esmeralda #1 & #2 (Local Sativa x DeepChunk).
picture.php

Esmeralda #1 :2,2 meters+
picture.php

picture.php

Esmeralda #2: 2 meters
picture.php

Esmeralda #3
@ friends place(I have a big foot!) :D
picture.php

You can notice they were already flowering in middle section but they reveged. BTW fan leaves are Huuuuuge. DC influence.

The Church spread into a nice bush:
picture.php

picture.php

BJ x DC crosses: (1,5 m)
Before cleaning up fern.
picture.php

after:
picture.php

We had a long period of rain. I thought I'd find some PM as I have problems with my C99 but all of the plants look very healthy. You can't beat the outdoors. Rain + sun = :woohoo:

Esmeralda #4 is doing fine but I didn't get ant pictures of her yet. I feel bad for giving it away.
Updates on C99, MIS and other stuff follows.

C

coxswain

This is one of the two clones I received. She's an unknown strain. Looks sativa to me and that's about all I know about her. Good high according to owner though. She never reveged. She's fatting up again.

picture.php

picture.php

C

coxswain

4 WD C99 ladies with unknown strain in the background. My 5 C99 males are separated. They started to show sacks a couple of weeks ago.
picture.php

jakezking

It looks like you're growing in a rain forest! Those plants are already huge! And, your indoor C99's are really plumping up. Anything with DC in it has to be good!

I wish you continued success with your grow, coxswain. And, good luck with the powdery mildew. Be good out there!

Latest posts

Latest posts