What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to do bourbouka and black hash?

Fi_Di_Bot

Son Of Botany - Green Block Original Shrdana
Veteran
Hi every one!
i'm in search of some info about the good quality import hash are done.
i know how the morrocan guys do their "pollline" and cioccolato (chocolate), i know how the charsi do the charas, but can't find any info about other good quality hash, like bourbouka or afghani one.

books, articles, direct experinces are welcome! tnx

Fi_Di_Bot

Veteran
Hi trancerman!
tnx for the link, but the way he make the kif is similar to the one i see in "Hashish" the documentary, so nothing new learned except for the wax tip.

there's no guy who had travelled in afghanistan, nepal, lebanon who can share some info???? tnx again

Yarkand

Nice pliable soft/afghani style hashish

-First you would probably need a nice strain with some indica in it

-Storing your unpressed resin in a kodak film box or some other container that is airtight.

-Keep on opening it once a week for about a month then only open once evry month and let that go on for about 5 months. (Keep the container in a dark shaded place)

All of the above would help in oxidation of the resin making it a darker color (like a banana or an apple that has been left to react with the oxygen in the air)

- Then lastly pressing your cured resin would release all the oils and terpenes creating a nice lump of top grade hashish

Enjoy :)

Fi_Di_Bot

Veteran
Yarkand: yeah! oxidation before pressing, now i must try. denghiù
do you know if they (afgahni) collect the resin like moroccan?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
hi!

the afghan hash, called many times black, or gold/red paper, is really cheap, cheaper than the other hash, because to make it they use the whole plants (most of the fan leaves fall by themselves).

The plant is taken, and then heated and worked, so it will have an homogeneous consistency, and then left to age, many times under the soil.

Traditionnal afghan

Traditionnal afghan

High all, I believe that each farmer has his own way of curing and pressing. In general they retrieve the powder with different sieves after most of the leaves have been removed(they will be used for cooking, bang lassies and sweets). The powder is then left to cure in sheep, goat or other animal skin that is buried(burying will keep the stuff in a dark cool place!). A good cure is 6 months(in my opinion).
Now the pressing. In the country side there are ’artisans’(working artists!) who go from farm to farm to press the hashish for the farmer and some farmers do it themselves, depends on many conditions(social status, financial, regionnal etc...).
Hahshish is pressed differently depending on quality. First quality powder is often pressed by hand only and never heated. The cured powder is taken in the cup of the hand and pressed and rolled on a hot day(or a warm room). The powder rapidly becomes like putty and is rubed and rolled for quite some time(aprox. one hour per gr.), nothing is added. Nothing.
Other good qualities are rubed and rolled over heat in different contraptions. A heated stone mortar, where powder is added gradually while being pounded as it becomes a dark sticky greenish brown paste, after a while the stickiness lessens and the paste sticks more to itself then to your fingers. It is then placed in a mold to be pressed by hydrolic press or simply hand molded.
The powder can also be pressed in very thin rectangular patties that are then stacked one on the other to be pressed together in cellophane wrap in a mold.
Many, many different people press the powder once it has been harvested. There are organizations that buy the powder of many different parts of Afghanistan and mix and press those powders into good hash and bad, and they all have there methods...in the end, the purer the powder the easyier it presses, the better it smells, taste and melts easily.
Good hash is made by good artisans that are passionnate about their thing.
Bombooley, Boom Shankar! Redrooster

Fi_Di_Bot

Veteran
Yarkand said:
Yup Fi_Di same like in Maroco

What redrooster put is exactly the way they do it ;)

Good luck :lurk:
bohhh Yarkand :wave:

my english sucks a lot so i'd understand that:
1) moroccan guys hit the weed on sieve and soon after they press the resin;
2) afghani guys hit the weed, collect the resin, wait some months, then pressing it.
it's sound similar but not the same.
but to be honest i belived/expected there was a different way of get the resin from the plant.

tnx for di luck idem for you :rasta:

Yarkand

Nice nice Fi_Di_Bot !!
Here something more for you :)

This is the way good gardah is made.

Taking the unpressed pollen powder and stuffing it in goat skin and tying it up.

It is then left under the ground for a few months and then the pollen start to clump together in one big mass.

People should try this !!

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Yarkand said:
Nice nice Fi_Di_Bot !!

Taking the unpressed pollen powder and stuffing it in goat skin and tying it up.

It is then left under the ground for a few months and then the pollen start to clump together in one big mass.

Thats some hardcore shit right there man. Cool picture.

S

SevenSeeds

~

~

Very interesting video on youtube! thanks for that Trancerman....that kief looked amazing in that bowl! (wish it was in my bowl ;))

-7Seeds

Veggia farmer

Bumping a old thread lol!

Yeah, black hashish shout out! damn its fine!

My resin got darker after a round in the coffe grinder!

funkyhorse

Nice nice Fi_Di_Bot !!

https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/174351254DarraGardah.JPGView Image

Thank you very much for bumping this thread
I am keeping my resin unpressed in a vacuum glass recipient and I am seeing this same clumping process happening.

It is only one month old but it looks different than the resin I keep on non vacuum jar which hasnt changed, so I think the trick is vacuum

Lebanese used sackcloth instead of goat. And I heard of the 6 months curing process from different producing countries

Veggia farmer

welcome:tiphat:

Did some searches yesterday after hos the afghan makes theres. Miss very much the nice flavors of the black hash. Have bought some bubble bags, are gonna use them to make dry sift then follow the "recipe". Still has some seeds of a cross containg some freebies of mazar i sharif from gypsy :tiphat: from a decade a ago and leb 27. Soon sprouting I guess. Its more cbd in hash lines "they" say, remember my joints were much more flexible after smoking these flowers. Helped some asthma too. Have a light asthma...

The seed line from this thread to be accurate: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=236382&page=3

I thought after cure maybe put it in a envelope then vaccum bag, so a little press..

Veggia farmer

I also remember the black hash with gold stampel, but from libanon as far as I know. Goddamn that was heavy. GREAT taste! Smoked some of that before first school day on a new school after moving on my own, age 16. Crazy times for sure.