What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Somehow I have a double-stem plant flowering?

bs0

I have a plant in flower that seemingly has two stems fused together in a wide oval. Leaf development is fine, rest of the plant is fine, no nute burn or leaf stress of any sort is being displayed. The plant is in week 2 of flower. Prior to this I was having trifoliate issues cropping up, not sure if the LED's are too strong or what.

Leave it alone and keep going? Chop off the fused stem? Remove the entire plant? My only real concern is buds getting too dense or herm I think but it also happens that the mutant branch is in the back of the room and will be tough to observe.

G

Personally I like to give freaks a chance :)

I say if you can predict that it can lead to mold problems because of poor airflow, then take the branch off. If not, let her be.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I have a plant in flower that seemingly has two stems fused together in a wide oval. Leaf development is fine, rest of the plant is fine, no nute burn or leaf stress of any sort is being displayed. The plant is in week 2 of flower. Prior to this I was having trifoliate issues cropping up, not sure if the LED's are too strong or what.

Leave it alone and keep going? Chop off the fused stem? Remove the entire plant? My only real concern is buds getting too dense or herm I think but it also happens that the mutant branch is in the back of the room and will be tough to observe.
I'd let it go, but keep an eye on it, also pictures!

indocult

Fasciation

Fasciation

What you're describing sounds like fasciation. It's a genetic mutation and happens to all kinds of plants.
Nothing to worry about, the bud will look really weird and like an oval from the top.

The trifoliate growth was likely result of the mutation.

It looks weird, it's not contagious and it's not going to hurt anything

Happy growing

Edit fasciation not fascination

bs0

One last note on the super mutant - these were oooolllldddd seeds. Like 10+ years. I think that something in the genetics just went wrong. Would have been neat to keep but not at risk to the whole room.

Cvh

Supermod
It's sometimes also called a 'flat stemmed' mutation. Seen often in Moroccan plants.
What genetics are those seeds?