What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 Red Mandarines mini scrog, in dwc with some LED

Crowmax

Veteran
Day 44 Flowering

Day 44 Flowering

a bit better quality pics, since had to visit today -Ph issues-

Temps climbing to 39c tomorrow and Sunday.
Hope the ladies stay cool :comfort:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stay safe guys : )

Crowmax

Veteran
Day 63 - Week 9 harvest

Day 63 - Week 9 harvest

Hi guys
Sorry had not update the thread for 2 weeks but i was very busy after lock-down from corvid19 ended.

Plants harvested 2 days ago @ end of week 9

Flushed for 15days

Their last hours below
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trimmed them, they are hanging upside down now and drying.

First impressions is that i really over-veg the plants and that the LEDs was too weak for such a big ladies.

Most tops are small and leafy but there are few good ones too : )

Really bad decision not to put them under 600w hps when realized that they are too big

Besides that, buds smell fantastic and they look awesome.
Can't wait to smoke test.

More pictures in few days.

El Tigre

Well done Crowmax, looking forward for the smoking report.
I'm curious about your opinion on this strain, maybe i'll give a try in the future :tiphat:

Crowmax

Veteran
Harvest drying up

Harvest drying up

Thanks for your good words guys, smoke report coming soon too

Some photos while they was drying

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Crowmax

Veteran
some more photos

some more photos

Some more photos from each different plant before getting into jars

Plant 1 - the green one
picture.php

picture.php

Plant 2 - The deep purple one
picture.php

picture.php

Crowmax

Veteran
plant 3

plant 3

and finally

Plant 3 - The pink one, this had purple hues but still light green, making it look a bit pinkish

picture.php

picture.php

Crowmax

Veteran
Smoke Report

Smoke Report

Smell:
Strong, smell reminds of Citrus fruits, like Mandarin or Grapefruit, with a hit of sweetness to it.

Taste:
Taste like classic Holland hybrid weed, but carries some of the aromas that i described above.

Potency:
Green phenos slightly, but noticeable stronger, than the deep purple one.
I have low tolerance on weed, even that i smoke homegrown all these years.

Potency would rate it 6-7 out of 10. Heavier smokers might rate it less.

High:
Excellent for my taste, high quality. Actually is exactly what i was searching for few years: a strain that
is NOT gonna end your day, make you heavy to move and do any kind of work.

The Deep Purple pheno is really awesome. Can smoke at mornings and still have energy and clear mind to do the daily stuff without any couchlock effect or cloudy effect. The high is not overpowering and lets your brain function very clear, almost like you drunk a coffee.

The Green phenos are slightly stronger so they are not so ideal for starting the day.
High lasts 1-1.5hours for sure.

Would definitely grow Red Mandarine again to have a good daytime/evening smoke.
For later at night, i find my self searching for something stronger.

Total weight was 167g, good cleaned, without many branches, but the bud still had some moisture.
Im happy with the weight but
The big problem ended up being the popcorn quantity. 60%-70% of the weed is low quality popcorn, really messed it up with overveg.
Should have veg them less and with less branches... OR just put them under 600w hps and bigger tent right away when flowering started.

El Tigre

Smell:
Strong, smell reminds of Citrus fruits, like Mandarin or Grapefruit, with a hit of sweetness to it.

Taste:
Taste like classic Holland hybrid weed, but carries some of the aromas that i described above.

Potency:
Green phenos slightly, but noticeable stronger, than the deep purple one.
I have low tolerance on weed, even that i smoke homegrown all these years.

Potency would rate it 6-7 out of 10. Heavier smokers might rate it less.

High:
Excellent for my taste, high quality. Actually is exactly what i was searching for few years: a strain that
is NOT gonna end your day, make you heavy to move and do any kind of work.

The Deep Purple pheno is really awesome. Can smoke at mornings and still have energy and clear mind to do the daily stuff without any couchlock effect or cloudy effect. The high is not overpowering and lets your brain function very clear, almost like you drunk a coffee.

The Green phenos are slightly stronger so they are not so ideal for starting the day.
High lasts 1-1.5hours for sure.

Would definitely grow Red Mandarine again to have a good daytime/evening smoke.
For later at night, i find my self searching for something stronger.

Total weight was 167g, good cleaned, without many branches, but the bud still had some moisture.
Im happy with the weight but
The big problem ended up being the popcorn quantity. 60%-70% of the weed is low quality popcorn, really messed it up with overveg.
Should have veg them less and with less branches... OR just put them under 600w hps and bigger tent right away when flowering started.

Hey Crowmax, thanks for the report! Sounds interesting indeed :yummy: What a shame that i didn't take some of these, having won a good amount of seeds. I ordered some Red hot cookies that have one parent in common, let's see...
About extra vegetation and pop corn buds... as soon is for your personal use honestly who cares ?!? putting apart the extra effort for the trimming (highly strain dependent), i don't see any major problem. IF you loose some weight, i think is not a huge %
Happy smokes :tiphat:

Crowmax

Veteran
Hi Sweet gang

The competition prices just arrived! Have to decide which will sprout first now...
picture.php

Had the time to play with a nice camera and software these last weeks

Took some red mandarine budshots and macros
picture.php

picture.php

These last 2 photos are actually ~50 images, stacked together after shooting, to maximize depth of field.
Shooting macro 1:1 or higher magnifications, makes depth of field very thin, ending up having only few millimeters in focus, sometimes only a few trichomes are focused when magnification ratio goes up. (see for example the first photos)

Still learning the software, it has room for making the photos look better than below, but here are the first tries with it.
picture.php

picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Sweet gang

The competition prices just arrived! Have to decide which will sprout first now...
View Image

Had the time to play with a nice camera and software these last weeks

Took some red mandarine budshots and macros
View Image

View Image

These last 2 photos are actually ~50 images, stacked together after shooting, to maximize depth of field.
Shooting macro 1:1 or higher magnifications, makes depth of field very thin, ending up having only few millimeters in focus, sometimes only a few trichomes are focused when magnification ratio goes up. (see for example the first photos)

Still learning the software, it has room for making the photos look better than below, but here are the first tries with it.
View Image

View Image

Cool prizes Crowmax and great trich shots well done and congratz again well earned.:good:

Crowmax

Veteran
Thanks guys :D Some of the seeds already in water!

Tommy G the T-shirt is awesome, but can't wear it outside unless you want cops to stop and search you, so now its hanging on a nice rock bar somewhere, next to a bob marley poster ;)