What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

9 plants in coco 4x4 tent

terrier

hi guys my question is to anyone that's grown in coco is how much would you expect or be happy with yourselves. growing 9 plants in a 4x4 tent with a 600w hps light in 6 litre pots just a rough idea I'm after please I'm going to be feeding by hand I've read up on the importance of run off. or if anyone grown in coco with this type of set up themselves many thanks for any reply's.

Esme

hi guys my question is to anyone that's grown in coco is how much would you expect or be happy with yourselves. growing 9 plants in a 4x4 tent with a 600w hps light in 6 litre pots just a rough idea I'm after please I'm going to be feeding by hand I've read up on the importance of run off. or if anyone grown in coco with this type of set up themselves many thanks for any reply's.

I did a run in a 1.2m x 1.2m tent with 600watt, Temps was all over the place strain was incredible bulk hit 12 Ounces without the use of PK or anything just a&b.

I did 5 plants under 1 light 6 week veg from seeds in 20L fabric pots. I would aim for around 350-400g on ur first grow anything above is bounus. More is less, I've just started a grow on here bare in mind just started it so no pictures yet but I will have loads of details on my grow and how it's all setup. 2,400watt, Not loads of light but good enough for me to have 1-2 grows a year.

Esme

Also mate I would go 20L fabric pots watering once a day water enough so 24 hours later it's ready for another watering, All ways feed with nutrients and never miss a feed mate as it could dry up and lock out you can't over water coco unless its standing in it's run off. If it's really really wet then keep watering it but not as much, I do belive coco hold the right amount of oxgen even when it's saturated

Mattbho

1st grow be 300g if a higher yielding strain . You can fix alot of a screwups just dont over dry your 1st crop like I did.

terrier

another quick question for someone why do people grow in coco when they could get the same results growing in soil and don't have to worry if the soil dry's out

R

Ronin_420

My m8 done 4 x 6.5lt pots. Coco 600watt
Humboldt seeds three blue King's. 4 plants
In 3x3 14oz all plants topped

terrier

that's some serious bud for so little sized pots. my mate used to get 2 oz a plant in 6 litre pots but that was in a Wilmer system.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
For me coco has a few advantages over soil. It can come as dry bricks, not sacks that make the postman's knee's wobble. Then you can use it again, almost indefinitely. You can even recondition it while your plants are in it. Washing everything away and starting again. It can be used with beneficial microlife, or sterilised. It's structure holds more air, and is almost impossible to over water with the right sized pots.

Soil was so time consuming for me. With coco it's a riddle and back to use. Soil needs it's own logistics working out. Bringing it in, then breaking it down and getting it out. It can take days to dry if you need to move a lot. All the time with microlife breeding on it. I guess the scale you grow at and the space available are a big part of it, but soil won't burn like coco does. It might not easily vanish every couple of months.

I do like the soil taste, though it does just taste like soil. But that is where my love for it ends.

Cmoon

f-e

is it just me having a blond moment or do people we keep responding to delete accounts and come back as somebody else asking same or simular questions?

touringfunkband

I've run higher plant numbers verses bigger plants and my vote goes to bigger plants. I use a 5x5 with a dimmable 1k and run 4 large plants at once. Much less trim work and my strains yield nice golf balls sized nugs with very little training, mostly just to control the flop that happens with the weight of the canopy. Hand water A+B once a day. I average about 12 zips from the tops and a couple more total from all the lower material that goes in a hash bin or gets stuffed into raw cones for casual smoking.

Latest posts

Latest posts