What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RED or GREEN, It’s going to be SWEET

El Tigre

STRAIN REPORTS

STRAIN REPORTS

Hi everybody, as I promised I want to close this thread with my review of the two strains. So this is my final post here. Obviously I will continue to answer if you have any questions or anything. Thanks again to Sweet Seeds and to all the friends that passed through, was great fun time. Here’s a photo comparison of the two flowers, Bloody Skunk on the left, Cream Mandarine on the right.

picture.php

BLOODY SKUNK

Grow description: very compact plant with thick dark green leaves. I did some ties and LST, but I think that natural grow and some leaf tucking could has been a better solution. Low feeder. I found a green phenotype, it should be uncommon, <5% of the specimens by the breeder’s indications. Also the bud structure was quite unusual with a lot of foxtails forming big but airy buds. Plant harvested at 70 days from seed. Big trimming work for a low yield, I got 21 g of clean dry buds, not very frosty by the way.

Smell / taste: during the flowering stage smell was really interesting: very fresh fruity and acid, like some carbonated fruit drinks, to understand each other. Subtle smell not too strong. When dried, the skunk odor comes out and stay strong behind the fruity smell as above that still remains. Vapor tastes like acid fruits/berry, then earthy/skunk.

Effect: starts in the head with occasionally some rushing feeling, then some light body stone. Light/medium strength and pleasant sensations. I like to smoke it during the day. The only thing that I don’t like is that some time when the effect finish, I feel a little tired.

Overall opinion: I can't give a balanced opinion of the strain, because my specimen seems to be atypical. But I can't say I'm satisfied with this plant: not very productive, bad leaves / calix ratio and decent, but not exceptional, smoke.

CREAM MANDARINE

Grow description: I got a tall slender phenotype, I think is an Ice Cool leaning individual. Plant was vigorous and responded well to ties and LST. Strong and resistant, just some leaves yellowing at the middle of the flowering time. Next time I’ll try to feed a bit more. Buds are very dense, medium size and the leaves / calix ratio is optimal, harvesting this was fast. Trichomes production is good also, could be a decent hash plant.

Smell / taste: during the flowering stage smell was sweet, fruity, citrusy . When dried appeared a strong diesel note, taking over and mixing with the sweet and citrus aroma. Vapor is similar to the smell with a fruity background that remains in the mouth, which I really like.

Effect: nice indica leaning hybrid. In small doses is an “all day” weed, but if you overdue I suggest to use it in the late evening or night. Couchlock is highly possible with this stuff. Potent and long lasting stuff, I like the big calm that brings to me. The head stone is pleasant, but it leads me to forget things ... maybe that's just for me so don't get this as a general truth.

Overall opinion: good strain from any point of view, I understand the many good reviews that I found around.

El Tigre

Hi my friend ,
congratulations !!!
great work in this contest ...
well done mate :friends:

Hey bibi, i'd offer you couple of pints and some joints to celebrate! :friends:
Maybe one day, who knows! Soon i start posting again on my thread on the micro grow sub forum.
I have some cool things going on, come to take a look. :)

bibi40

Hey bibi, i'd offer you couple of pints and some joints to celebrate! :friends:
Maybe one day, who knows! Soon i start posting again on my thread on the micro grow sub forum.
I have some cool things going on, come to take a look. :)

Be sure i'll be here for your next show mate :artist: