What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time in coco few ?s and flushing (pics)

hey fellow Coco growers this is my first grow on my own completely. tho I have helped out friends throughout and harvest time but never from seed to harvest on my own not sure if this is the right place to post new to this forum thing sorry if it isn't looking for some information and input on how I'm doing and a few questions
my set up-4x4 tent 400w hid 2 plants in 5 gallon pots (doing scrog method don't knock ~38 tops/colas first attempt) been using full canna line with terpanator and earth juice cal-mag(using rodi tap is too outta whack) I have been using the canna grow chart as a guideline not an exact numbers going by what the plant tells me I am currently on week 7 of flower honestly I think I have been over feeding but no signs of deficiencies or discoloration went up to ~1200 ppm for full flower now down to 800 ppm since I'm coming up on the harvest and time to flush this is where my questions come into play here's some photos of my plants today just trying to get an idea on how far out they are going by what I've learned already and read waiting till they are completely milky and a slight Amber and pistols are mostly changed color to harvest I have been cutting back on the newts 200 ppm's every 2 day until I'm down to almost nothing then I was told to use final finish mix due to the possibility of over feeding here are my questions
1. on week 7 have cut back to 800ppm should I continue this till almost nothing and then do the "canna flush"/final week of cannazyme and boost? 2. then use final finish? 3. after that week and then approximately five days of flushing with pH water? then chop chop
any input is great since this is my first time on my own any tips for the next round or things I should change
thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 11

touringfunkband

Have you considered mixing tap water with your r/o to get a base of 120ppm and skip the cal mag all together? The Canna nutrients schedule calls for 200ppm water as a base but someone here suggested a 120 base which I now use and I see no cal mag deficiencies without using any cal mag additives. Food for thought..

when to flush and how

when to flush and how

any tips on when to start the flush? my plans going to be decreasing the nutrients over the next 4 to 6 days to almost nothing then going into the "canna flush" for about 5 day( just cannazyme and boost and pH water) then using final finish/final phase since I am thinking I overfed anyone have advice on how to use final finish? I was going to use it at the end of the "canna flush" use as directed wait six hours and flush again with double the amount of water and then continue to flush with plain pH water for about five days
anyone have any advice or input on that from everything I've looked up I know it's a personal preference

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 15

touringfunkband

One thing to keep in mind if your following the Canna feed chart is that it is designed to be used with 200ppm water. Just in case you didn't know that..

Team Sift

Not ready yet. Needs at least another 2 weeks.
Wait till the pistills wither and change colour from white to orange/red/brownish colour.
You will regret it if you harvest early.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
It helps to know the average finishing time for the plants but even then you have to do some guessing and *forward thinking. One way that works is to try to watch how fast the trichs are turning from clear to milky, if it looks like they will be all cloudy with a touch of amber in about a week then you start the flush and go for a 7 day flush and hope you hit yr mark, if that's what you're going for, if they arnt quite done then you flush till they look good.

It really is a matter of guessing but scoping early and often will give you a better idea what's going on. My last harvest I waited until almost all milky some clear, started the flush and chopped when I started seeing amber, about 7 days flush.

Latest posts

Latest posts