What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

canna coco, absorbing allot of PPM of nutriant mix.

Xanode

So i just switched to canna coco coir and coco A+B, +canna adds.

Growth is beautiful but I'm having a weird situation:

i don't rinse the canna coir just use it straight outa the bag. Ill mix up a 700 ppm mix and hand water it in. The runoff is coming out at around 50% less ppm then went in.

Is this normal for fresh canna coco(my 110ppm tap water runs of fresh, out of the bag, canna coco at 250ppm), as i understand it canna coco is prebuffered and shouldn't be absorbing much out of the nut mix?

thanks for any help

Xanode

would have been easier to say out PPM are 50% of in PPM, is this normal, plants look healthy, but not spectacular...?

Last edited:

touringfunkband

I didn't think anyone measured the runoff in coco? I thought the only thing people did was to create a slurry from a sample of the coco from mid pot? The only thing I've ever done running CocoA+B is just to fluctuate the ph just a touch between 5.5 and 6.2. Some days I water on the low side of that and some days on the high side. Always had excellent growth.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The buffering treatment (with calcium nitrate) is to displace K with Ca.

Fresh coco still needs a feed with full nutrient at transplant.