Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Soil Mix

Thread Title Search
Soil Mix Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2021, 05:02 PM #1
chusss

chusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nice
Soil Mix for right EC

Hi guys, in a while im gonna start to run my new growing, last time i had some pure sativaish plants wich had problems the first days because a high EC of the soil, this time i would like someone around here advises before doing nothing wrong with the next Neville's Haze batch

My idea is growing in soil top crop complete mix (with 1.0 EC) and i wanna get down the EC to 0.3 or so for the first bunch of days, i have the doubt about how to do it, i was thinking mixing the top crop soil with worm castings, coco coir, and perlite, bbut i dunno in wich proportion because i have readed that with worm castings you cant overfertilize, so having this in mind if i mix for instance 1 cup of soil + 1 cup of worm castings + 1 cup of coco coir + 1 cup of perlite the allegedly EC would be 0.25 is that right? would you go with that proportions of each thing?

Last edited by chusss; 02-03-2021 at 05:21 PM..
chusss is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:10 PM #2
thailer

thailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant futurethailer has a brilliant future
you can't over fertilize with castings because the worm poop is encased with mucus membranes which cause it to slow release nutrients.

in the beginning when you plant the soil, is the soil ever hot to the touch or feel warm? usually soil feels a bit cooler than the room temp. if so, it could've been the heat from nitrogen fertilizers and not so much that there was too much fertilizer. if that is the case, then get the soil wet and then wait a week before transplanting.

if it wasn't from heat, i'd mix 50% of a base soil like 1:1:1 of peat moss, castings and perlite. if you want it as low as 0.25 you would take 1 part bagged soil and mix with 3 parts of the base soil you made. i'd also add some minerals like lime, gypsum and if you're feeling frisky, rock dust. lol

Old 02-03-2021, 05:43 PM #3
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant future
It was just the first days though right? I have never worried about ec growing organically. When you have a little baby clone or seeding, it can get a little squirly if started in rich soil. Just start it in a starter mix and transplant it. You are going to need that food later. Just let it grow a couple leafs before u put it in the regular mix
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

Old 02-03-2021, 07:03 PM #4
chusss

chusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nicechusss is just really nice
Yes this would be the first days i guess or even a couple of weeks, last time i had a zamaldelica wich was very stuck growing for 2 months, all of this because in the soil bag was write 0.5 EC and i tought it was alright, then this year i checked out this value on the web for the very same soil and they raised it to 1 EC, their fu***ng fault!
chusss is offline Quote