What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grinders

vtgirl

Hello everyone I am sunshine in a bags wife our grinder is probably 10 plus years old! I am looking for a good website to buy a new well built grinder Please. Thank you all!

DrLongbottom

Veteran
EBAY
search- Androck vintage nut grinder.
wonderful grinder that gives the perfect consistency for rolling
and yes ive used mendo mulchers, space cases, and countless others, Androck is superior.

Gry

Can recall Ms Babba speaking about them, and showing pictures of some she collected.
Really neat.
Looking at a nice one from Gloucester, Virginia, for 7.95 . Plus 5.95 for shipping, but they say they
can put it on your door step by April 2nd.
Vintage nut grinder. In our family since late 1940's. Features painted tinware hopper mounted on screw-lid, wooden knob on metal arm, and glass bowl. Mechanism works well. Overall height 6'', glass bowl 3 3/8'' high x 2 1/4'' top diameter.
Glass bowl bottom marked: "ANDROCK 49 3 MADE IN USA."
Condition: Good overall for its age, clean.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My plated metal one was really nhard to use as it got old. The new Volcano came with an acrylic unit, that has good grip and works well. It does leave residual in the "teeth", but a sherp rap on the counter or tr

mexweed

Veteran
I've been really pleased with the one I got from etsy, it's a higher quality metal one with an image on the lid and was only like $24 with shipping

it's been a few years, but it was a shop that had a bunch of different images available, stuff like the vintage JOB poster with the chick, the bicycle day painting, mine has a bodhisattva, it has a clear cover over the image to protect it as well

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I need a larger grinder. The little one I have is a pain in the ass for edible batches. The androck grinder looks legit, i'll have to check those out. Funny how some things that are best are not always for their intended purpose.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I need a larger grinder. The little one I have is a pain in the ass for edible batches. The androck grinder looks legit, i'll have to check those out. Funny how some things that are best are not always for their intended purpose.
Couldn't find one locally. I wanted a 5 incher but had to settle for a 4. https://www.ebay.com/itm/100mm-4-Pa...h=item1ef2cd0fee:g:S~kAAOSw5qJcQc--:rk:1:pf:0

It easily grinds an eight at a time :) I make mari pills (100 at a time), close enough to edibles. I have a 2 incher for normal grinding duties.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Coffee grinder? Works in a pinch!

starke

So does a Salad Shooter with a medium cone if you are grinding a quarter zip or more.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Has anyone used the Canadian Androck and know how it compares to the 40's and 50's American ones? I like the design of the Canadian grinder more than its counterpart.

Update: Ok, I went ahead and ordered one. I'll report back and let everyone know how it does.

Attachments

• 20200410_043728.jpg
    20200410_043728.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200410_043709.jpg
    20200410_043709.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 64

bigpeter

I use a coffee grinder, it does a perfect job. After a few week a layer of resin builds up on the sides that can be scraped off. :yummy:

Cmoon

Thorinder, never clogs no matter how dense or gluey after 2 years.

I'm told the clear top pops out for cleaning but its somhow clogged:laughing:

Samuel Caldwell

I've been using my nut grinder for years. I've tried several of the twisty grinders but always come back.

edit - it's a nut grinder, not coffee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts