What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's going to be a crazy weekend in The Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OGShaman

Not sure how much news you guys get about the events of Ferguson, Mo outside of St. Louis, but we have been dealing with protests and riots for months after a white police officer shot and killed a black teenager.

Either today, or tomorrow they will announce that the grand jury found that the police officer did nothing wrong, and massive riots will break out in St. Louis, maybe even in Chicago.

Thousands of National guard have rolled into St. Louis. Hundreds of cops across 3 counties are ready to go. We have been told to buy food and water, and not to leave to our homes.

I really hope it's not as bad as they say it's going to be, but I am kind of worried at the same time. I am 5 minutes from Ferguson.

Wish us luck.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Damn, that's crazy. I hope everything goes ok. Keep us updated.

rootfingers

This shit is nuts, hope no one else gets hurt.

Is it right that the grand jury is only deciding whether or not to pursue legal action against the officer?

O

OGShaman

This shit is nuts, hope no one else gets hurt.

Is it right that the grand jury is only deciding whether or not to pursue legal action against the officer?

Yeah whether to press charges. From leaked information from inside sources we are 99% sure he is innocent (in their opinion).

We were told an anonymous call said the verdict will be read tomorrow.

DJXX

Veteran
sup OG Shamen....man you are not kidding ....honestly i don't care what kind of lil press conference that they just had...Dooley and Mayor Slay just talked and they are pushing peaceful protests, but i think it has to get ignorant at least a couple days worth...i am 100 miles away and you couldn't get me near STL til I am sure the craziness is over..DJXX

O

OGShaman

Yeah I am battening down the hatches for sure. When they rioted in Shaw neighborhood they threw bricks through people's windows. No joke.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
all the very best and really hope that you and yours are safe and well especially over the next few days,,
peace and regards 944s2

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bad situation for sure. If several peaceful protests couldn't even get the state to press charges, what incentive do the people have to remain peaceful now?
Bad situation.

Good luck to all.

:tiphat:

O

OGShaman

I read that the cop Darren Wilson is resigning from the force.

His chief of police really stirred the pot this week by saying that he could potentially remain a cop if he was found innocent, but he would be crazy to do so. He's been in hiding since the day of the shooting.

DJXX

Veteran
i used to live in South City and i think its not just gonna be in Clayton and Ferguson...I bet Cherokee and the south city area is gonna act up too...its friday nite...jus add alcohol to the fire and it will flare up....DJXX

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
My best buddy just moved out of Ferguson. His ex and the kids still live there. I am praying for everyone's safety and for level heads to prevail. Stay safe everyone!!

redlaser

Veteran
Its not too hard to imagine someone planning something bigger while waiting for the decision. I hope not but it's attracting lots of people that want to be on camera and act out. The county prosecutor has stated he won't be filing charges unless new info comes out, or the grand jury indicts. The grand jury has nine white and three black jurors, which shouldn't matter but might. I've worked all over St. Louis for the last thirty years and for the most part it's a typical if not mellow city. It's hard to imagine hundreds or thousands of people uprising and causing damage that are actually living in the area.(except of course the riverport ampitheatre riot but that was a bunch of drunk people)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
if they riot and you got a gun make sure not to shoot any black folks or you will be next ..wonder how the media would spin it..???..lol...it would be nice if next time they riot they only destroy stuff deserving ..like court house,cop shop ect..not some poor guys ,car,house,store ect...and no walking down street with stolen goods either... I wish some more white folks would riot I need a new tv too......yeehaw

LEF

Veteran
In the 92 Rodney king riots there was some people that we're killed, a poor woman was taken on by some thugs, I think she was pregnant too. I dunno if doing that made the world a better place. It's your area, I take care of mine.

Don't shit where you sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.