What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Turkish Phenohunting

Duluth

Just touched down here. Hoping to venture out and do some strainhunters shit on my own for the first time. I have a couple cousins out here that keep an auto or two in a small tent but I’ve yet to see large scale Turkish hashish/Cannabis production.....my goal is to exercise my knowledge of the language, plant, and culture to collect some genetics and bring them back to the US.

To do this authentically, I must hunt in eastern Turkey, the home of “ethnic” Turks. Whereas western Turkey is more notable for its commercial production - the majority of those people are Kurdish. Don’t call me a nationalist or nothing but I’d be at disservice to collect Kurdish genetics and not authentic Turkish genetics. As a result my search will be focused on the Afyonkarahisar province of eastern turkey, once known as the worlds largest supplier of heron - this region still remains very lawless, hash production is rampant, and the illicit drug trade is the still most lucrative job to partake in. I will also hit Burdur province where I happen to know a lot of people and any kind of marijuana is legally allowed to be grown for “scientific examinatory” purposes. Wish me luck, I will return with pics of my findings. If anybody has any advice on strain hunting in a foreign country without much rapport I’m all ears. The true Turkish cannabis seed is extremely powerful in CBN content and that “lavender” smell, it is priceless to me.

NotYourSaviour

You've got it backwards the Kurds are in Eastern Turkey along the southern border with Syria, Iraq, and Iran where the rest of the Kurds live.. The rest of the country is ethnically Turkish.
The map wikipedia shows where the Kurds live. In the green areas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds_in_Turkey

I thought the same, cheers!

Apart from that I don't think it is so important to which nation genetics of this plant belong as so many things changed during history(migration et cetera), especially stupid nationalities in general come and go, and this plant was around before such superficial thingies.
Let's decide we talk about areas not nations.
Personally have turkish and kurdish mates and am so sick of that stupid conflict on both sides as in the end it is all about evil power and money again in the end.

Though I wish you all the best on your hunt for new genetics, Duluth.

Just my two cents, no offence intended. Cheers!

weedtoker

Veteran
Brother, no offense, but unless you find somenone who is already maintaining seeds only for drug types and not for 3 uses at the same time (cordage/food/drug at the same time), in a semi isolated place, it makes no difference where you will get them in Turkey, (apart maybe from facilitating climatic/environment adaptation). There is Cannabis everywhere for those that have the eyes and the hearts to see it (even before laws from recent years re garding "hemp"). You go to a field and it has everything from type 1 to 3 (at least), mind you i've lived and smoked flower and hash in several regions of Turkie alongside my soulmate, fellow arkadas... One last word, and not to sound your father, but perhaps putting those divisions and barriers/blocks with other cultures/humans, specially travelling hunting for something, narrows too much the way? Safe travellings and hunting anyway, that land takes cares of people like very little places on earth...

Cheers