What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Online Cannabis Certification Programs?

LungButter420

Hey everyone,
I've been intrigued with the cannabis industry for quite some time now. Usually I'm lurking the organic forums as I see real potential in the future of organic cannabis. For some reason, it reminds me a little bit of the craft beer industry.

Anyways, I currently live in a state in which cannabis is illegal, but I have high hopes that this will eventually change. To prepare myself for this day in the future, I was curious if there are any online certification programs that are recommended over the others? Is there an "industry standard" certification program for the cannabis industry? When the industry does make it to my state I don't expect to get hired, be a caregiver, or be able to start a small business by simply telling people I've done personal research on the topic so I'm curious if there is an "industry standard" online training program to better prepare me. Another reason I'm interested in a course like this is because I know I've got a lot to learn. Unfortunately I'm only able to take an online course at this time!

I appreciate your time stopping by this thread, and if you have any recommendations or were in a similar situation I'd love to hear what route you took!

Here's to health, wealth, peace, and happiness in 2018 :tiphat:

B

bigganjabud

Npk University is a free one I've looked at

Also my main advice for your question would be

See a very good grower of your choice on here and learn theory and ask questions

Get your theory up and then start practical tests

Also the helpful post system is a way to earn a bit of kudos

I'd say frequent a few forums and see what you can learn

After that get a few successful grows under your belt

Also build a few friendships with people on here and ya never know you might end up being offered a job from someone

Tbh after ten years in the world of ganj I've just landed a bit of a job in the industry but it's a long hard journey to get into man

Either way ni matter what you choose welcome aboard

If ya do have any questions or even wanna talk about anything shout me a pm

One love