What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco/Perlite top drip run to waste House and Garden Van De Zwaan nutrients

Starting pH?

Starting pH?

I saw your post on my thread and was wondering where your pH from the tap is before adding the nutrients? My starts at like 8.5 bu thte nutes still drive it down too far, usually to 4.9.
Thanks ahead of time,
Vik

HAPPYTREE

what up pico great thread have watched/lurked 1 of your other grows but have somehow missed this one. Im on board now

HT

pico

Veteran
whataboutbob said:
Thanks for the information man.............AND THE PICS WERE AWESOME! It's so much easier to learn when you can actually SEE what someone is explaining to you, ya know?
I understand your point with the anti syphon gizmo...........it should be at the other end, towards the filter, right?
I run totally organic Pico. Earth Juice is my fert of choice. With hand watering I have noticed at the bottom of my 5-gallon mixing buckets there is quite a bit of sediment. Do you see a problem with this (in a drip system)..............or will the filter be able to handle the sediment situation.......(perhaps requiring more cleaning than if using a straight up chemical fert)? OR..............is there a more heavy duty filter that I should be using?
I talked to a guy in California, at a grow store, who was telling me about the House and Garden ferts. He damn near came through the phone he was getting so excited..LOL....I had never heard ANYTHING about them up until that point. I thought,"House and Garden"? That's a phuckin magazine ain't it?...LOL But's it's a chemical fert right? I like my weed to be just as clean as my food so if I lose a little on the yield side of the fence, so be it....................OH.ONE MORE THING............How loud is the pump you suggested I get? Is it OBNOXIOUS LOUD? Thanks bro/peace.....BOB

Actually that was the wrong anti siphon devise all together. I still don't know what would work for this situation. I don't have a problem because my reservoir is lower than my drippers so I don't get a siphon. Hopefully someone else can pop in with the correct fitting.

As far as sediment, if you are using open 1/4" lines the filter should do the job just fine. With little dripper ends you might be able to clog them with sandy particles, but I don't really know.

House and Garden is a chemical fert, yes. I have been really liking it. Liking it enough that I am thinking about switching over to twelve 600w lights and six 3x6 tables with dripper setup exactly like this. That would fit really well in this room. Currently I have 1000w ballasts running in the rest of this room. Hell, give me a phone and I will jump out of it.

The pump is pretty close to silent.

pico

Veteran
Ok, day 35. I am just about to start House and Gardens Shooting Powder, their bloom booster.

Here is my new Digital repeat cycle timer. Very very cool. Cheaper and way better than anything else on the market. Sentinel DRT-1.

Viktor- I think my tap water is around 7.5 or so. I don't know, like I said I don't adjust or check my pH ever with these nutes.

umphrey, irish, happy.......good to have ya.

meduser180056

mmm lookin nice and frosty. Primo nugs there.

That timer is sweet good price too. Mine cost $80 and it's not digital just knobs. That DRT looks pro.

Drip fed coco is starting to get really popular. I'm diggin it.

So H&G will hook up free samples if you email the distrubutor? I'm gonna check that out.

I'm using Monkey Juice right now and it's working great so far.

B

Brain

Nice work, Pico. Your threads are great and really imformative!!! Whats the estimate on the yeild? I'll be doing a similar set up and was wondering what you thought about dripping 2-3 times a day for 15 minutes each. It seems like alot but the people at the hydro store that I trust keep telling me you want the solution to be in contact with the rotts for 15 minutes. Thanks :headbange

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
med- yeah H&G will send you about $400 worth of free nutes to try. The US distributer is Humboldt Wholesale so email them. Well worth it on their end because once you try it you will be buying thousands of dollars worth of the stuff, like me.

brain- thanks man. I can guestimate on the yield, but I am new to this strain, to coco, to these nutrients, to drain to waste.....so nothing to really compare it to. But if I was to guess I will say just about 4 pounds. Right about 1 pound per 600w light. I think if I did a tiny bit more veg, more trimming, and used my SCROG screens I can get closer to the 1 gram per watt I am looking for. 15 minutes is a long time to drip I think, but if that is what works with the system you are looking at then go for it. I hope that isn't drain to waste because you would be throwing $100 bills down the drain.

I think a lot of people try to follow directions to a T which doesn't always work. What works for me might not work in your system because of different variables. So everything I post is just for reference and to give people ideas for their own systems. Hopefully things I post will get people thinking and they can adapt certain things to their own system.

Shooting Powder seems to be working well. It better, that shit is expensive. $60 per 50 gallons of nutes.

meduser180056

Yah if I was to drip for 15 minutes in my drain to waste system I'd be running through at least 15 gallons everytime the drip came on! I think 15 is for E&F. The most I've heard of people dripping is 3-5 minutes max.

I'm gonna send that email and see what I get. thanx bro

I'm using the readygro slabs which are basically just coco/perlite so our grows are very similiar

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
yeah 15 is what I use for ebb flow. 15 is prety common because it is usually the minimum ammount of time on cheap timers.

I think I have heard of constant dripping with hydroton in buckets, but not positive. I think Soquick had a system like this. Totally different animal than coco though.

gregor_mendel

High Pico

High Pico

I would like a final report on the house & garden.
Usually, I am a one-bottle-no-additives gardener, but your early reports tell us that it may not be hype.

I may switch from floranova for a round.

gregor_mendel

clowntown

Veteran
If I recall correctly, SoQuick gave a short (a few seconds, maybe 15?) "squirt" every 30 seconds or something like that... I believe using a CycleStat.

420cali

wow pico shits lookin real nice like all your other ones.

hows that floramite treatin the ladies?
what dosage per gallon do you hit them with and how often?
thanks

pico

Veteran
these bitches didn't get any floramite I don't think. After you use Floramite once or twice in your garden you really never have mite problems again. When I do use it, I got 1/2 teaspoon per gallon.

glad you like the H&G pimpjuice. I water 30 seconds 3-4 times a day when lights are on. Thanks for the siphon advice, I was thinking about something similar to that.

gregor- I am a big fan of the floranova. I set people up with that stuff all the time because it is easy and will provide good results. But I have to say, this House and Garden stuff might have the edge. Not nearly as cheap or simple though.

I will have updates tonight. I have been gone for a week doing a tour of Cali medical gardens.

pico

Veteran
not a touch of burn ever. I spray that with 1000w lights beaming down and never noticed any change in plant health or burning or anything. More gentle than organic sprays that I used. The stuff won't even kill any other bugs besided mites.

pico

Veteran
if they are still there the next day don't spray more. It doesn't really hit them till the 2nd or 3rd day, but then they are gone. hit the bottom of the leaves as much as you can, that is where they like to hang out.

let me know how it works for you.

M

Mr. Nevermind

hey Pico,

I swtiched to coco a few weeks ago and am using canna a & B nutes. I did receive the H & G nutes free of charge to try. I hand water and mix my nutes in a 1 gallon jug prior to feeding. I read on H & G labels that yo have to mix A first then wait then B first. Is feeding with H & G Similiar to using canna nutes?

Nevermind

gregor_mendel

Thanks, Pico

Thanks, Pico

What concentration of FloraNova did you use?
Just FloraNova the whole run, or did you use any additives?

gregor_mendel