What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What the pros use.

Dirt Bag

Yesterday I had the opportunity to look around a full scale, no expense spared, state funded, commercial manufacturing facility under construction.
To give you an idea of the scale, there are over 300 DE 1Kw HPS, almost 100 mini split ac, a dozen refrigerator-sized dehumidifiers. 6" CO2 ducting. Eight 3000gallon reservoirs! Insane! All lights are Soliel DE 1KW with Ushio bulbs. I was even able to view the blueprints and outlines.
After seeing this and speaking with the electricians, Ushio is the way to go.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I wonder if that set would work for my 4 plants? I wouldn't want to pay their electrical bill :) (just having some fun here)

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
100 mini splits seems silly...I would think 2-3 150ton chillers would be more effecient. Maybe they didnt want to involve a cooling tower tho. I bet that was a sight to see. Wonder wer the funds came from for that op.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
All that power and the results will be B grade.

State funded? Can you elaborate on that?
Yep, as soon as I read "State Funded" the "What the Pros Use" went out the window for me. lol

What people with a sizeable budget use. ;) Kudos to them for the gig, and I hope they're making extremely good use of the opportunity they're in. :D

mack 10

Veteran
100 mini splits seems silly...I would think 2-3 150ton chillers would be more effecient. Maybe they didnt want to involve a cooling tower tho. I bet that was a sight to see. Wonder wer the funds came from for that op.

Yeah I thought that.
Wouldn't you go with some massive custom unit.
Buying 100 mini splits is trying to scale up on bedroom scales..
lol.

green404

"State funded" "What Pros use"

Two completely different animals, lol

Pros= Professionals who do things for a living, have to make a profit, have to be competitive

State Funded= Operating with free money, accountable to no one, do not have to make any kind of profit(refer back to free money)

Dirt Bag

Heh. Idiots. The pros in question here is a very large, very well established electrical contractor, not the state. This is not a state enterprise, it's a private business. It just happens to be the only business licensed to grow, sell, manufacture, or distribute cannabis in this particular state and owned by, you guessed it, lawmakers and the likes. It all amounts to state weed.
As to the technical aspects, well I'm just an observer, but I know big bucks when I see em, and this is seriously big bucks.
picture.php

This is just one room... A small one. There is one twice as big and several half as big. Approximately 6 as far as I could tell at this stage of development. I have continual access so I'll know more later.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Is it state funded or a private enterprise? We only have the information you give us to form a conclusion with. Also calling people idiots probably isn't the best way to encourage discourse. :tiphat:

U

Ununionized

He's talking about them I think, and he's saying that what it is,

is a private company, ok, but - it's all funded by assholes who have access to almost unlimited funds, because the owners are top level government employees, who are probably giving themselves enormous breaks on the money so they're getting the best money can by,
while apparently being 'just another private org.'

I think that's what he's saying it's what makes sense from the

''steal the populace blind and f*ck:

right,
wrong,
justice,
how the people are doing,
and anybody but me, cause I'm a ToPPeR''

point of view.

Is it state funded or a private enterprise? We only have the information you give us to form a conclusion with. Also calling people idiots probably isn't the best way to encourage discourse. :tiphat:

Gry

Neat and interesting thread.
Any time I hear the term professional, the next thought up is always condoms.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Heh idiots?? Dude you are the one being confusing. You say that it's the only one in the state, private owned, state owned, wtf do you even know what you are talking about?

It's a nice facility but nothing new. I have seen spots like that years ago in states not legal. I thought it would be bigger.

Anyway whoever owns it should be able to harvest bales of hay. More mids to send to illegal states. Meh

ronbo51

Veteran
Thanks. Cool pics. Spray foam on the ceiling. All steel. No visible slab plumbing. Plywood backers on the walls must be for wall mounted AC units, fans?. Not sure what the pile of stuff in the left foreground is, maybe insulation board.. Be interesting to see the progression, what products they choose for water, air, filtration, pest management. All those mini splits seem awkward, but there must be a reason to go that route for cooling. Someone not bound by financial constraints may or may not make good decisions, but as someone who has had to compromise because of lack of capital, even though it forces you to think more, work harder, and do with less, sometimes it just doesn't allow you to do what needs to be done. Adequate capital solves a lot of problems, but it is no guarantee of success. Please keep the progress updated.

Joint Lock

Yesterday I had the opportunity to look around a full scale, no expense spared, state funded, commercial manufacturing facility under construction.
To give you an idea of the scale, there are over 300 DE 1Kw HPS, almost 100 mini split ac, a dozen refrigerator-sized dehumidifiers. 6" CO2 ducting. Eight 3000gallon reservoirs! Insane! All lights are Soliel DE 1KW with Ushio bulbs. I was even able to view the blueprints and outlines.
After seeing this and speaking with the electricians, Ushio is the way to go.

Hortilux vs all

Dirt Bag

Thanks. Cool pics. Spray foam on the ceiling. All steel. No visible slab plumbing. Plywood backers on the walls must be for wall mounted AC units, fans?. Not sure what the pile of stuff in the left foreground is, maybe insulation board.. Be interesting to see the progression, what products they choose for water, air, filtration, pest management. All those mini splits seem awkward, but there must be a reason to go that route for cooling. Someone not bound by financial constraints may or may not make good decisions, but as someone who has had to compromise because of lack of capital, even though it forces you to think more, work harder, and do with less, sometimes it just doesn't allow you to do what needs to be done. Adequate capital solves a lot of problems, but it is no guarantee of success. Please keep the progress updated.

Thanks. I am also intrigued and was happy to share. In regard to the plumbing, its going on right now, the guys cutting channels in the concrete and one poor guy saddled with push out loads of dirt and debris in a fucked up, busted ass wheelbarrow.
They seem to compartmentalize. No one contractor seems to be fully up on the operation, and of course I only go there when TPTB aren't around. I didn't want to ask too many questions and rouse suspicion. I'm sure they wouldn't approve of my disclosures.
There is stacks of... Literally hundreds of propagation trays, 5' wide, in sections. End sections and center sections.
I will get a picture of the blueprints next time if possible ��
Yes, piles of corrugated insulation board. It appears to be being done with no without cutting corners.
My assumption about the mini splits is individual zone climate control, but there are more here (pics to follow) than I've ever seen in one place.

Dirt Bag

Today they're figuring out how trench in the 1600 Amps required to power this place, including approximately 100 commercial ductless air-conditioners and more than 300 1000w DE LEC (by Ushio).
Here's one side...
picture.php
[/IMG]

HHILL

That’s pretty cool to see, thanks for sharing. Looks like the lights are fixed to the ceiling, hopefully they achieve the light level needed at the canopy.

It seems their return on investment would be greater using mixed light (high tech light rep capable greenhouses) like out here in CA. Maybe in your neck of the woods the winters are harsh though. Keep posting pics please!