What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK’s suspects in Skripal case(EXCLUSIVE)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i agree they are hiding something, but is it the attempted murder of skripals, thats a whole other question. so far the police investigator has no claimed evidence of any connection with the Russian government. the whole 27 minute interview is in the first post, it is worth watching is the British media is misrepresenting some parts of it, at least from what i just read above.

they say they went to stone hendge but it was snowed out and closed on that day, so they went back, they also said they visited old Saum fort as well as the cathedral. it is true that there was snow on the first day they went to Salisbury. what seems strange is that the victims are still alive and that the suspects let them selves be filmed on so many cameras without doing anything to hide their looks. wouldn't special agents of the military intelligence have ways to disguise their faces? are they maybe not aware that Britain is one of the most cctv'ed nation in the world ?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Doesn't anyone else find it strange that Theresa May and Borris Johnson, two people who used to be against Brexit until their party base pressured them to do an about-face, have suddenly had this revelation that Russia used the worst chemical weapon ever made to try to murder a former spy that wasn't even relevant any more after having had that spy in Russian detention for years prior to the spy swap? Isn't it strange that just as Britain is looking to leave the EU, suddenly this all happens to make the biggest rival to the EU seem scary to Britain? Sure seems like a good way to scare the British public into abandoning Brexit.

its also strange how she waited till things were calming down to drop the accusations against these 2, when she must have had those pics from day 2 onward. this whole thing stinks of geo political maneuvering, when politicians are making definite statements as judge, jury and executioner, while the police are still investigating, you know some thing is fishy as fuck.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
lol for some reason the Russians refuse to take things seriously, now they are literally trolling the British government. :D
:laughing:

[YOUTUBEIF]3MSaLqGdfl0[/YOUTUBEIF]

Klompen

"It should look like pepper spray or a doorknob" OMG LMAO!!!! Not speaking Russian I think sometimes causes me to miss how sarcastic Vesti can really be.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
looks like i was wrong on this whole Skripal thing.

check out this on yahoo news

Skripal 'hitman' unmasked as GRU colonel awarded Russia's highest military honour by Vladimir Putin

https://www.yahoo.com/news/skripal-apos-hitman-apos-unmasked-160000596.html

One of the trained assassins wanted for poisoning Sergei Skripal is a decorated colonel in Russian military intelligence given the country’s highest award by Vladimir Putin.

The real identity of one of the wanted men in the nerve agent attack - named by counter-terrorism police as Ruslan Boshirov - can be disclosed as Colonel Anatoliy Vladimirovich Chepiga.

The 39-year-old, who has served in wars in Chechnya and Ukraine, was made a Hero of the Russian Federation by decree of the President in 2014 in a ceremony shrouded in secrecy.

The disclosure, uncovered by investigative journalist organisation Bellingcat in conjunction with The Telegraph, exposes as lies Mr Putin’s claims that the Skripals' would-be killers were innocent "civilians".

Chepiga, posing as Boshirov, and a second man identified as Alexander Petrov, have insisted they were on holiday in Salisbury and had no connection with the attack, using weapons-grade Novichok nerve agent.

follow the link for the full article.

Klompen

I'm not convinced. I don't trust Bellingcat at all, and several of the "pictures of the same man" aren't conclusive. Sure, the guy looks like him, but there's clearly some differences. Also, the British are claiming there was Novichok in the hotel room and other places and yet neither of these men are sick in the slightest. Both sides of this story seem to have major issues with their narrative.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I'm not convinced. I don't trust Bellingcat at all, and several of the "pictures of the same man" aren't conclusive. Sure, the guy looks like him, but there's clearly some differences. Also, the British are claiming there was Novichok in the hotel room and other places and yet neither of these men are sick in the slightest. Both sides of this story seem to have major issues with their narrative.

it does seem strange that Putin would out them if they were his assassins.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I reckon that if the Russians really did want to go after Skripal (and they had good reason to) - they would have made the hit instant and a lot cleaner than what supposedly took place...

....what a mess, if we are to believe how this went down in the British media.

Klompen

In 2014, the only conflict Russian soldiers were involved in was Ukraine, and that involvement was not publicly acknowledged. If any medals were awarded during that time, there's no way they'd just leave records out in the open where some sketchy website could just happen across them.

White Beard

it does seem strange that Putin would out them if they were his assassins.
Not if it was a show of force. Putin as been extravagant in his display of influence, not least in the Helsinki fiasco. Putin’s bland dismissals of evidence is as transparent as RT’s anti-US bias.

Klompen

Not if it was a show of force. Putin as been extravagant in his display of influence, not least in the Helsinki fiasco. Putin’s bland dismissals of evidence is as transparent as RT’s anti-US bias.

Why would a guy as smart as Putin pick an assassin who had direct connection to him and such an easily-blown cover story and then parade him around on public media? It makes no sense. You don't make spies and assassins out of high profile people with records so easy to check that even a sketchy website could unearth them. You use nameless people who nobody would ever suspect. An old lady could have carried out the type of attack that was alleged(any of the versions the British have tried to sell to the public); there's simply no reason to use soldiers for such a job.

Also, as I have said repeatedly: This was supposedly the most dangerous chemical weapon ever made. They supposedly left traces of it at a hotel where nobody got sick. They supposedly left it at the Skripal's home, but their pets lived long enough to die of thirst because British officials locked them in the house and did not attempt to care for them. They supposedly poisoned the Skripals with it but neither of them even died. Most importantly: They handled the stuff and left traces everywhere and yet neither of the supposed assassins are even sick. Now we're told via completely unsubstantiated rumor that one of the accused assassins turns out to be a secret special forces hero turned spy with nothing more to go on than old photos of what may or may not be the same guy. I'm not convinced at all at this point.

Lets not forget that Theresa May was opposed to Brexit before it passed but since then has had to change her tune to continue to get elected as a Tory. What better way to scare the British people out of Brexiting than to make them believe that the supposed biggest threat to Europe is indeed a threat to Britain as well. Its awfully convenient, and awfully stupid of Putin if it were true. I have yet to see evidence that Putin is a stupid man. He's no saint either, but he's definitely not stupid.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If you were the Russian government and needed to insert assets into the UK to achieve a goal such as executing Skripal, then wouldn't you use a Russian submarine to insert 1 or 2 trained divers/agents somewhere along the 11,072.76 miles of coast/shoreline Britain has, then get them to drive in a vehicle totally undetected to Salisbury to do whatever to the Skripals?

Why have them fly into the UK on some budget flight with fake passports, photographed and recorded on multiple cameras, staying at some London Hotel - travelling on public trains - having more photo's taken of them?

This doesn't sound like a professional top government secret agency hit, unless the Russian's are recruiting Mr Bean type of operatives these days.

Klompen

OMG LOL That would make a great Mr. Bean movie! "Mr. Bean's WMD Adventure"! Fumbling Mr. Bean leaves a trail of bodies as he accidentally performs hit after hit unwittingly in service of his Russian handlers who convince him he's on a theatrical journey as a pretend assassin and all the people he's killing are really just actors involved with the setup. Only after leaving Western Europe crippled by his rampage does his damage trigger nuclear Armageddon.

Sequel: "Mr. Bean's Post Apocalyptic Adventures". Bear witness as Mr. Bean bumbles his way through an irradiated landscape, accidentally surviving mutants, raiders, and disaster tourists from outer space.

Dog Star

Veteran
Yep,it looks like governmental plot to convince domestic population "We have a witch,lets
burn her"... only problem is a witch is very strong so no body wish to push red
button so fast..

am dont sees Russians as "inoccent" but previos post draw good points on this spies,
they definitly not professionals nor hole this Skripal thing is convincing..

do you remember Litvinenko poisoning??

It was Polonium-210 radionuclide used to kill him... they also acussed Putin made it..
then you reading Yasser Arafat was killed also by Polonium-210.. they found on his
toothbrush a particles of radioactive material..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
.....and the Skripal's are still alive, so the 'HIT' ....if it was a 'HIT' didn't work....

Yes I do remember the Litvinenko poisoning Dog Star, that looks perhaps more like it had some sort Russian involvement than the Skripal case. Toxic tea if I remember.

Here is the British states synopsis of the Skripal affair, from the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43643025

Klompen

do you remember Litvinenko poisoning??

It was Polonium-210 radionuclide used to kill him... they also acussed Putin made it..
then you reading Yasser Arafat was killed also by Polonium-210.. they found on his
toothbrush a particles of radioactive material..

I do remember that, and I also remember how the British authorities would not allow any outside investigators to verify their story. The British home office said it was the Russians and everyone else had to accept that because nobody else could prove or disprove it. Like usual, we're supposed to accept the British story because the British government is beyond reproach or review.

I have a feeling a lot more people have been killed with Polonium over the years than we realize. Its an easy way to get rid of dissidents by giving them cancer that may or may not have come from something else as far as their doctors know. After all, how many hospitals are really equipped to diagnose a tiny dose of radioactive poison, possibly a long time after it was delivered? The main party able to do so is the very same government who likely was the poisoner. Its bad enough when cops investigate cops shooting people, and guns are not very subtle compared to rare poisons.

White Beard

Why would a guy as smart as Putin pick an assassin who had direct connection to him and such an easily-blown cover story and then parade him around on public media? It makes no sense. You don't make spies and assassins out of high profile people with records so easy to check that even a sketchy website could unearth them. You use nameless people who nobody would ever suspect. An old lady could have carried out the type of attack that was alleged(any of the versions the British have tried to sell to the public); there's simply no reason to use soldiers for such a job.

Also, as I have said repeatedly: This was supposedly the most dangerous chemical weapon ever made. They supposedly left traces of it at a hotel where nobody got sick. They supposedly left it at the Skripal's home, but their pets lived long enough to die of thirst because British officials locked them in the house and did not attempt to care for them. They supposedly poisoned the Skripals with it but neither of them even died. Most importantly: They handled the stuff and left traces everywhere and yet neither of the supposed assassins are even sick. Now we're told via completely unsubstantiated rumor that one of the accused assassins turns out to be a secret special forces hero turned spy with nothing more to go on than old photos of what may or may not be the same guy. I'm not convinced at all at this point.

Lets not forget that Theresa May was opposed to Brexit before it passed but since then has had to change her tune to continue to get elected as a Tory. What better way to scare the British people out of Brexiting than to make them believe that the supposed biggest threat to Europe is indeed a threat to Britain as well. Its awfully convenient, and awfully stupid of Putin if it were true. I have yet to see evidence that Putin is a stupid man. He's no saint either, but he's definitely not stupid.
I don’t know that I’m disagreeing with you. I’m pretty sure I’m NOT saying it IS a show of strength, but I remember at the time thinking that it was mighty brazen of Putin, and I’m not especially persuaded that he was perfectly uninvolved.

Putin in my eyes, is a new kind of despot: he runs Russia like a mob boss runs his turf, and I believe diplomacy with Putin is a lot like negotiating with Kaiser Soszse

I don’t think he’s stupid in any way, quite the opposite, but I don’t think he’s above acting and being seen to have acted without being seen acting. Public distrust is a strength in his book, because it will keep other players off-balance, uncertain.

And in fact I’ll argue that intended or not, it sent a very clear message to everyone who might have crossed the mob state over the years, of what can happen even if you keep your head down.