What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000W SCROG/Fully Automated/Gavita's/Iponic 600.....Let the fun begin!!!

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So just finished yet another heat treatment!! Will cut a couple more leafs off tomorrow and have a looksie.

Here is some pics of my PPP girls. Let me know what guys think is going on with them? They are getting the exact same feed as my kush clones and they are looking good.....

ortsa1

i think over water, i had that problem when using #3 bags to start in

so i started putting them in 5x5 squares to start to build roots then transplanting

BigGreen

Veteran
Whats your ec at
If there not over watered they need feed
What exactly are you using of A&B

LEDNewbie

Veteran
i think over water, i had that problem when using #3 bags to start in

so i started putting them in 5x5 squares to start to build roots then transplanting

Funny thing is, is my ppp seedlings were in 4x4 pots to start off with. Only my kush clones went right from 1.5" rockwool cubes right into 2 gallon pots and they are looking fine!!!! Wtf???

Greenlife1

I have had this happen myself. let them dry out hit them with your 1.0-1.2 an should be fine.
Those spots look like mag issue to me. do you have spots on the top new growth or just older?
What i do is once they dry i hit them with calmag an water at .5 ec. get a good runoff, then go back and hit them with your 1.0-1.2. Thats just what works for me.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Spots are just on older growth.

So u think I shouldn't water today then? Wait till tomorrow and hit them with some cal-mag? Then next day back to regular feeding?

Greenlife1

Yes let them dry maybe even 2 days..i know it will seem like it would slow them down, but there not drinking it fast enough. let them get dry then hit them with calmag, and right after...10 mins later run your norm nutes through.

Ill see if i can dig up some of my pics...seems to happen to to only one of mine(afgan kush x skunk #1) but they were doing the same as yours except in 1 gallons.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Yes let them dry maybe even 2 days..i know it will seem like it would slow them down, but there not drinking it fast enough. let them get dry then hit them with calmag, and right after...10 mins later run your norm nutes through.

Ill see if i can dig up some of my pics...seems to happen to to only one of mine(afgan kush x skunk #1) but they were doing the same as yours except in 1 gallons.

Thanks. Much appreciated.... Thinking my kush clones look fine. Guess i will just do the cal-mag feed to my ppp girls then?

Do you find the one time usually fixes your problem?

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Here's another question. Could I just foliar feed my ppp girls with cal-mag to see if that helps? Or should cal-mag only be given via root drench?

Greenlife1

I have never used in a foliar. Then drench with cal/mag will rinse the medium, and add the calmag. main thing is they need to dry out so they get past that droopyness an can start absorbing the nutes.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
I have never used in a foliar. Then drench with cal/mag will rinse the medium, and add the calmag. main thing is they need to dry out so they get past that droopyness an can start absorbing the nutes.

K, will give them a day or two to dry out and go from there. Thanks.

Greenlife1

You got it. Once you got it out of the funk they'll be rockin. take a look at my thread....I use 1 gallons(root pots) with 80% coco, an 20% hydroton. When i transplant from clone to 1 gallon i water withe calmag and water...i dont ph. then hit with 400-425 ppm nutes @ 5.7 hand water every other day for 10 days, the flood for 2 weeks. then into flower.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Ok, this is what I found today. Took the largest ppp seedling which was the one that looked the worse and opened up the pot. Took some time but I did manage to see a few white very skinny things moving around. Every time I would see one it would scurry and hide. Then when I went to get my magnifying loupe I couldn't find one again!!!! Looked for another 5 minutes digging through the coco and couldn't find squat. I could see them with the naked eye but they were tiny kinda looked like a little centipede. From the pics I've been looking at of root aphids that doesn't seem to fit the description? So what are these little fuckers???? The big plant that I found these bugs in also had the least mount of root development. Virtually no roots poking out of the pots. Roots in the pot did look nice and white just not much growth. The rest of the ppp seedlings did have roots poking out of the pots but I said fuck and through all 10 seedlings out!!!! My kush clones which are all right next to my ppp seedlings have roots growing out of the damn pots!!!!!! Seriously, some of them have roots 4-5" long dangling from the pots!!!

After throwing out the 10 ppp seedlings next thing i wanted to do was check run off from one of my kush clones. I made a batch of nutes at 1.2 ec and 5.6 ph. I also put some Aptus Bio Shark Soil Attack which is basically essential oils at full strength which is 2ml per gallon in with the mix. Watered plant till I got a little run off and checked it out. It was 0.8 ec and 6.4 ph. The tea I feed the plants with on Monday was ph of 6.7. This is only my 2nd or 3rd watering since then each time I gave them 1.2 ec and 5.8-6.0 ph. Think my ph is high just from the tea?? Plants look healthy and have great root growth.....

Guess first thing first is I need to figure out what bug was in the coco??? Even though my kush plants look OK I'm sure those little bastards are in there as well???? Next things is where the fuck did they come from? And then what should I do for my kush clones? Hoping the aptus soil attack will keep them at bay until we can figure something out!!!! I'm assuming I had these little bastards with my ppp seedlings before I transplanted them into my 2 gallon pots? But the weird thing is the most unhealthy one, the largest one had completely filled the 4" pot it was in with roots!!! And now it had the least amount of root development! Only thigh I did different when I got my kush clones was I dipped the 1.5" rockwool cubes they were in, in some merit 75 which has imid in it. Ppp seedlings only got the miticides. Then when I first pre charged the coco I hit the coco with 1.0 ec and 5.8 ph with some aptus soil attack but only at there maintenance rate which is 1 mil per gallon. Let that sit for a day and then transplanted.

Let me know what u guys think. I gotta get this shit in order before I go crazy!!!! Thanks everyone!!!

jackmayoffer

Veteran
Ok, this is what I found today. Took the largest ppp seedling which was the one that looked the worse and opened up the pot. Took some time but I did manage to see a few white very skinny things moving around. Every time I would see one it would scurry and hide. Then when I went to get my magnifying loupe I couldn't find one again!!!! Looked for another 5 minutes digging through the coco and couldn't find squat. I could see them with the naked eye but they were tiny kinda looked like a little centipede. From the pics I've been looking at of root aphids that doesn't seem to fit the description? So what are these little fuckers???? The big plant that I found these bugs in also had the least mount of root development. Virtually no roots poking out of the pots. Roots in the pot did look nice and white just not much growth. The rest of the ppp seedlings did have roots poking out of the pots but I said fuck and through all 10 seedlings out!!!! My kush clones which are all right next to my ppp seedlings have roots growing out of the damn pots!!!!!! Seriously, some of them have roots 4-5" long dangling from the pots!!!

After throwing out the 10 ppp seedlings next thing i wanted to do was check run off from one of my kush clones. I made a batch of nutes at 1.2 ec and 5.6 ph. I also put some Aptus Bio Shark Soil Attack which is basically essential oils at full strength which is 2ml per gallon in with the mix. Watered plant till I got a little run off and checked it out. It was 0.8 ec and 6.4 ph. The tea I feed the plants with on Monday was ph of 6.7. This is only my 2nd or 3rd watering since then each time I gave them 1.2 ec and 5.8-6.0 ph. Think my ph is high just from the tea?? Plants look healthy and have great root growth.....

Guess first thing first is I need to figure out what bug was in the coco??? Even though my kush plants look OK I'm sure those little bastards are in there as well???? Next things is where the fuck did they come from? And then what should I do for my kush clones? Hoping the aptus soil attack will keep them at bay until we can figure something out!!!! I'm assuming I had these little bastards with my ppp seedlings before I transplanted them into my 2 gallon pots? But the weird thing is the most unhealthy one, the largest one had completely filled the 4" pot it was in with roots!!! And now it had the least amount of root development! Only thigh I did different when I got my kush clones was I dipped the 1.5" rockwool cubes they were in, in some merit 75 which has imid in it. Ppp seedlings only got the miticides. Then when I first pre charged the coco I hit the coco with 1.0 ec and 5.8 ph with some aptus soil attack but only at there maintenance rate which is 1 mil per gallon. Let that sit for a day and then transplanted.

Let me know what u guys think. I gotta get this shit in order before I go crazy!!!! Thanks everyone!!!
You way over think shit but let me give you what I know if its a little white looking worm very tiny it could be a spring tale Spring tales are good soon you will have soil mites (Hypoaspis miles) the good ones this is from the tea brew its alive and this stuff is the good stuff, We have millions of them in our coco beds and they are great.. But I dont know what you have with out seeing it I would give your plants a couple days of no watering then hit them with a full dose of cal mag and base nutes at 1.3 to 1.4 total ec with cal mag and base nutes and give that a couple days and see how they respond do not give them anything else just cal mag and base with a total ec of 1.3 to 1.4 always mix cal mag first. If they start to respond keep your feed at 1.3 then you can slowly start backing off EC. Ph at 5.8 to 6.0.. Don't do 10 different things and don't do one thing from each person that has gave you advice. Stick to the basics..JACK

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in jack!!! Much appreciated!!!!

Pretty sure they were spring tails.... Really lucky to have all these great people here to lean on for advice and knowledge!

Just placed an order tonight for the kilo sized packs of foliar and root packs from og biowar.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So let me know what you guys think. How do my remaining kush clones look? I think they look good :) Took these pics right before I feed them today. Gave them 1.2 ec of H&G Aqua Flakes, drip clean, start boost and double dose of Fascillitor. Also began brewing a tea and will give them tea tomorrow at full strength as well as a foliar spray with the tea.....

I spread all 35 clones out after i took these pics as much as I could in the 4x8 tray they are is so they can breath a little better. Once things fill out a bit more in the next week I will place them in there final spots, 17 per tray and turn on the 3rd light.

Room right now is set to 84 degrees lights on, humidity is between 67-70% and co2 is set at 1100ppm

Those pics are NOT after a foliar spray? I'd say they're over watered then, no? The leaves are so droopy, mine usually get like that if they're very thirsty.

(On another note - I will update my pictures soon..)

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Thinking over watered as well. You might be amazed at what 2 days of nothing will do for some ladies.

I would give them 2 days of nothing. Seriously.