What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10k Watt Open Bulb Grow , Going For 20 lbs.....

donny darko

If it is like his last run he probably has 14-16 plants in each room. Big wattage, low plant numbers, big yield is the name of the game.
darko

250wscrogger

Could be way off but I'm guessing somewhere around 60-80 plants... that's how I would do 10k.

Looks like quite the bitch to water...

CottonMouth

its a guess the plant number game. lol

I would say that there are 25-30 in each room so a total of 50-60. In one picture alone I can count 22.

So whats the magic number Kbub?

CM

budfriend

YOu kill it man. read your thread before. but on this one are you using co2??? Good luck on the 20p im sure your pull it. thanks

S

sundays child

Hey Up, Krunchbubble. I hand water/feed in coco, never to run off. Once a week I use just plain, phed water . It works fine for me but I'm interested in your use of Dripclean. Have I got it right, you add Dripclean to your nutrient mix ? Every batch?

Great work, by the way! I've just spent the past hour or so reading all your threads.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
crkushmaster - from a 600, yes, its to far away. veg till there 15"-18" tall then flip.

L-imnortal - i would be, but the purple bubblegum dosent rot at all, if i had sweet pink grapefruit, id be fucked! trying to do a krusty style environment.

mg75 - counted them today. room 1 is 26 plants, room 2 is 37 plants. there are craploads of yo yo's on the ceiling ready to do there thing, may be hard to see.

budfriend - L-immortal is right, my double vert has co2 only.

sundays child - yup, every nutrient batch at 1.1 ml per gallon.

thanks guys :wave:

joedub

hey guys! :tiphat:
nutrients this round - House and Garden line with advanced nutrients bud blood and big bud. a little floralicous plus for a couple weeks, till i run out, then substitute that for aurora soul synthetics infinity. no shooting powder this round, using pure flowers.

strains this round - alien formaggio pheno #1, kens granddaddy, alien dog, sweet pink grapefruit, grass knuckles and purple bubblegum. dont have exact plant numbers yet....

lets go for 20 lb's.....

-first room-

-second room-
Sweet looking grow as usual kb, been a lurker here for a while but haven't posted much, I'm not a new grower although this is my first hydro run, I've learned a lot, such as running same strains in hydro table to have even canopy cause u can't adjust it like a pot of soil :p, love your strain selection, I especially like your choice in nutes because I have a very similar custom mix ,House and Garden Aqua Flakes, but instead of the additives you r using, I'm using GH additives: Floralicious plus, liquid/dry Koolbloom and just bought the Pure Flowers the other day, I had pretty good results w/ those but I plan to replace the liquid/dry Koolbloom w/ the Pure Flowers for my next run. are you using any of the house and garden additives? I was wondering how your feeding schedule is? and maybe some pointers in how you would incorporate my combination of nutrients, feel free to PM me, any help is appreciated. :canabis:

L-Immortal

Hey Krunch lets fast-forward and say you hit the 20lb mark with this setup. Ok now with your exact same room let’s say the only difference is your bulbs where horizontal. What do you think you would hit 16-18 lb’s or what would you be shooting for?

krunchbubble

Veteran
Hey Krunch lets fast-forward and say you hit the 20lb mark with this setup. Ok now with your exact same room let’s say the only difference is your bulbs where horizontal. What do you think you would hit 16-18 lb’s or what would you be shooting for?

when i did horizontal, i would average 3 lb's per 4 by 8, every once in a while 2 per light, but maybe once a year. i think in one room, i could fit 3, 4 by 8's and 2, 4 by 4's - 1 1/2 per light =12 lb's average per run, 2 per light = 18 lb's.
when i did up these rooms, the open bulb was for the first run, then was going to switch to horizontal. but the rooms run so smoothly and they yield well, im keeping it the way it is. no trays and huge reservoirs to mess around with.
my power will allow me 4k more, 2 in each room. thinking about grabbing a few metal halides to throw in the rooms....

G

Ganja D

^Good question and answer.

Krunch, since you stopped using tables what do you do for your floors and drainage?
I'm planning on doing something similar but with horizontal hoods. I was going to line the floor with heavy pond liner going about 8-10 inches up the wall and have plastic collector under each pot and use wet vac when needed. Whats your take?
Thanks.

krunchbubble

Veteran
^Good question and answer.

Krunch, since you stopped using tables what do you do for your floors and drainage?
I'm planning on doing something similar but with horizontal hoods. I was going to line the floor with heavy pond liner going about 8-10 inches up the wall and have plastic collector under each pot and use wet vac when needed. Whats your take?
Thanks.

thats exactly what i do! my floors are brand new hardwood, didnt want to fuck them up. i try for very little runoff if any, the saucers work great for that!
make sure you get the thicker pond liner and not the stuff from home depot, it makes a big difference! i got mine from an aquarium store...

G

Ganja D

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to krunchbubble again.

L-Immortal

when i did horizontal, i would average 3 lb's per 4 by 8, every once in a while 2 per light, but maybe once a year. i think in one room, i could fit 3, 4 by 8's and 2, 4 by 4's - 1 1/2 per light =12 lb's average per run, 2 per light = 18 lb's.
when i did up these rooms, the open bulb was for the first run, then was going to switch to horizontal. but the rooms run so smoothly and they yield well, im keeping it the way it is. no trays and huge reservoirs to mess around with.
my power will allow me 4k more, 2 in each room. thinking about grabbing a few metal halides to throw in the rooms....

Wow so from your experience with bigger plants on average you think you gain about 20% yield with vertical as opposed to horizontal?

Looks like I have some experimenting to do in the future, maybe drop in some vertical in between the horizontals. Good stuff KB

OzzBozz

awesome man!
i'm excited to see the rest of this run fersure
alientech genetics... i've only heard and seen pictures, but no talk in my circle.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
sup man, jw what if you lowered light the lights in between the plants more ? I know 10million others have probably asked you a similar question so I am sorry for that, but is there any reason in particular for your specific light placement?

I could never find the answer to that question.

Like where the bulb socket is at the top of the plants, you know what I mean? I remember dhf and some other vert guys talkin about that but idk..

I always thought that was the optimal position for lights in vert, is higher better in your opinion?

:chin:

Last edited:

joedub

Wow so from your experience with bigger plants on average you think you gain about 20% yield with vertical as opposed to horizontal?

Looks like I have some experimenting to do in the future, maybe drop in some vertical in between the horizontals. Good stuff KB
20%!? wow maybe I will try it too in the future, I ruled out open bulbs because I'm a damn clumsy stoner and was afraid of bumping into it, but for my side grow, which is some how way bigger than my main grow :p I'm running 2x 1k watt hps lights for 48 plants perpetual soilless sunshine mix. not sure how to go about calculating grams per watt on light movers and on perpetual cycle? :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlZRpRctEAE
yes I know, shitty cellphone recording.
The original plan was for the pond liner but settled for this heavy duty tarp that I got from the swap meet for $10 it even came in white instead of the usual blue.
for the room shown I'm using full lineup of house garden minus the top booster, I love everything about it but it is a little lacking in density and kick. flavor is spot on though. btw I'm making a custom batch of nutes similar to urs KB, so far I got h&g aqua flakes, floralicious plus(or can use fulvic acid from earth juice), had liquid/dry Koolbloom, and Pure Flowers which I planned to replace the Koolbloom w/. I Noticed KB and L-immortal use big bud for earlier part of flower, what would you guys reccomend as a cheaper alternative to that product? thanks again for the input L-Immortal:smokeit: