Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Help me bros - first grow, lookin kinda weird

Thread Title Search
Click to buy cannabis seeds at Ace Seeds
Help me bros - first grow, lookin kinda weird Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2017, 06:42 AM #1
ghotiface

ghotiface is on a distinguished road
Help me bros - first grow, lookin kinda weird

Hello friends,

Been reading these forums a lot for help and guidance but I need to put some pics up now to get me some help figuring out whats wrong.

Medium: I am growing in soil - I mixed up subcool's super soil mix I found online and let it bake for like 60 days in some tubs. I mixed one 'base mix' which was promix + a bunch of perlite + worm castings and that was about it, and a 'hot mix' that is the super soil recipe. These are all in base mix at the moment (I am planning to move to hot mix when I transplant them all to 5galllon soft pots - in the pics some are in 1gallon and some are in 3gallon because I ran out of 1gallon but its the same soil mix in all pots).

Strains (started from seed):
Blue Sunshine (blue dream santa cruz cut x sunshine daydream)
Banana OG (? from zoolander)

Food: Distilled water, nothing else so far other than whats in the soil mix.

I went to nursery and got one of those soil PH test kits, put the soil in, add some distilled water and shake it up with a powder. It read about 6.0 PH

Temps are in range of 65-75, though when i was sprouting them seeds I had it around 85 in there.

Humidity ranges from 50-65.

Problem is kinda droopy, and it looks like they are turning lime green/yellow between the veins. I think this is zinc deficiency from what I saw online?

Help me bros and bro-ettes!

ghotiface is offline Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 08:41 AM #2
Satyros

Satyros has a spectacular aura aboutSatyros has a spectacular aura aboutSatyros has a spectacular aura aboutSatyros has a spectacular aura about
How old are your plants? I would not expect to find Zinc problems early on.

Overwatered? How often do you water? Does the soil get to dry out?
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 09:31 AM #3
Emperortaima

Emperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really niceEmperortaima is just really nice
Any pictures to help you have a better idea?

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 10:16 AM #4
Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud of
Bro you got no food at all in that base mix. I'd say they're probably hungry. If they're droopy probably overwatered too.

Your pic isn't showing.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299402
Scrappy-doo is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:25 PM #5
ghotiface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyros View Post
How old are your plants? I would not expect to find Zinc problems early on.

Overwatered? How often do you water? Does the soil get to dry out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperortaima View Post
Any pictures to help you have a better idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy-doo View Post
Bro you got no food at all in that base mix. I'd say they're probably hungry. If they're droopy probably overwatered too.

Your pic isn't showing.

Sorry, the pic is not showing for me. I attached more. The plants are about 4 weeks old. I am watering about every 3 days or so.

If you look closely at the lower leaves you can see the lime green between the veins, and they are starting to get yellow on the tips.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	foto_no_exif(1).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	428310 Click image for larger version

Name:	foto_no_exif(2).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	428311

Old 09-16-2017, 09:05 PM #6
ghotiface

More pics

Here are a few close ups of the leaf discolorations that are bothering me:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3038.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	428313 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3039.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	428314 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3037.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	428315

Old 09-16-2017, 10:20 PM #7
Scrappy-doo

Scrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud ofScrappy-doo has much to be proud of
That first pic is a magnesium deficiency, the second is mag and some other deficiency. Plants are possibly overwatered by the looks. Don't water on a schedule, water when the pot gets light or if you dig your finger down an inch and it feels dry. Do that and transplant asap into soil with actual food in it and your problem will be solved.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=299402
Scrappy-doo is offline Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 10:50 PM #8
Complete Noob

Complete Noob is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't use distilled water

For soil I would use tap or ro water or rainwater. I also would suggest letting the soil dry. Maybe you should let them begin to wilt before you water again. The bad growth will turn bad and crumble off as the new growth looks bright green and beautiful.
Complete Noob is offline Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 10:52 PM #9
Complete Noob

Complete Noob is on a distinguished road
What light are you using how far away is the light from the top of plant?
Complete Noob is offline Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 11:04 PM #10
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond repute
Your plants are starving. Soil mix doesn't have enaugh nutes anymore to sustain them. You should feed them. And don't use distilled water, unless u add some micro and macro elements to it. Distilled water will pick up elements from the environment, and when soil is low on minerals it will draw the elements out of your plants. So if you continue like that they will get worse.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.