What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rapid Ph rise

Mtez44

I got 16 - 5 gal buckets under 4kw led's. they are going to be 4 weeks old on Saturday. I'm at about 300ppm solution, from tap water and general hydro nutes. They are rooted in coir pucks buried in clay pebbles in an 8" net pots.

I changed the water/solution yesterday 9am. Nuted to 300ppm and ph'd to 5.9. 36 hours later the solution in the buckets are at 7.3-7.5 and I don't know why the rapid spike.

Is it due to the chlorine evaporating from the tap water? Should I let the water sit for a day before I make my solution? Any help would be great.

P.S. I have a high end inline water filter arriving tomorrow and will be installed asap. Solution change immediately after