What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The monsanto of pot? Wtf?

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Lol only dumb asses will mess with gmo cannabis I'll stick to the reliability of legitimate breeders who do it for the community and not to try and become millionaires shit there's probably already gmo seeds out n about I wouldn't be surprised

cryptop

Mickey Martin posted about this guy on his blog around 2011, then reposted in this blog post in 2015: http://weedactivist.com/2015/02/the-truth-about-aundre-speciale/

Shawn is an Iranian multi millionaire investor and he and Montel are close personal friends from the MS foundation and Montel is more than just the face guy. Montel is heavily involved behind closed doors with shawn. They have a 2-1 controlling interest on the internal board of directors...Shawn told me saturday that every patient is overdosing themselves on cannabis and they are going to change that...Shawn keeps saying they are meeting with Eric Holder and that he and montel have had this plan to roll out a nation wide model (that the feds will accept) that they can then take global. Shawn own a packaging company in Italy that is closely associated with Revlon…they also own a medical packaging business on top of many other business.

I don’t know if you have had any contact with Shawn Sedaghat or Jim Zaun…they are the management company and Shawn calls all the shots… jim led him to believe he wanted to meet to settle up the money owed…instead he gave BS excuses and tried to extrapulate genetic breeding info. for his CBD strain. classy eh?

Drewsif

Pot is already GMO. Thats why there's no trip weed on shelves. All modified for faster growth and higher yield. Indica made trendy and popular because of easier growth. Sensi popular because they don't want you having seeds. Fem pushed for obvious reasons.

Im on the fence about patented strains. Because it really sucks that local dispensaries can grow m39 from seed with HiBrix Blueberry Juice and tell people its Pre-69 Ethiopian Blueberry Kush. Its become a major waste of time for anyone wanting to actually try strains, to find out there are no strains (in AZ), just claims and fraud.

Anything that will help dispensary victims realize that Blue Dream grown with Sour Dee and Kushy Kush perfume is not Sour Diesel just because the dispensary says so, will be a good thing. Prove the dispensaries and growers are lying, prove they are selling fake strains soaked in 3rd party terp blends, just like the wax is done.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Pot is already GMO. Thats why there's no trip weed on shelves. All modified for faster growth and higher yield. Indica made trendy and popular because of easier growth. Sensi popular because they don't want you having seeds. Fem pushed for obvious reasons.

Im on the fence about patented strains. Because it really sucks that local dispensaries can grow m39 from seed with HiBrix Blueberry Juice and tell people its Pre-69 Ethiopian Blueberry Kush. Its become a major waste of time for anyone wanting to actually try strains, to find out there are no strains (in AZ), just claims and fraud.

Anything that will help dispensary victims realize that Blue Dream grown with Sour Dee and Kushy Kush perfume is not Sour Diesel just because the dispensary says so, will be a good thing. Prove the dispensaries and growers are lying, prove they are selling fake strains soaked in 3rd party terp blends, just like the wax is done.

The quick flowering is because of selection I believe

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran

Cannabis is not GMO. You are confusing breeding with a genetically modified organism.

zeke99

warning: off-topic response

Cannabis is not GMO. You are confusing breeding with a genetically modified organism.

That is correct, Lester. It's a huge difference, one that (and I'm not accusing the poster that you responded to of doing this) the proponents of GMO in BigAG, quite often rely upon to convince people that GMO is a safe technology.

Grizz

Veteran
as I see it geno typing and strain certification is the only way to stop these big growers and dispensarys from renaming there mids to top self strains just so they can get top self price. If a breeder trade marks his strains and gets them geno typed its even better , it keeps people from stealing his work, I am sure many disagree, they want everything for free and think its like it was 10 yrs ago, It's big business now, that's what legalization did and its wont stop, to much money in the business, everyone was crying legalize it now there crying about the money people like monsanto

Satyros

I'd be curious about the specific patents, like the three that Holmes claims have already been granted (according to the GQ article).

In my understanding, if a product is not federally legal, it cannot be patented. So for example, the "Acapulco Gold" patent that came out in the 70s, that was on a suntan lotion. Sure, someone would patent the name and/or genetics if they could, but can they (currently)?

Aside from that minor sticking point, I have no particular interest in feeding the wealthy, or letting them control everything. It's like Coca-Cola operating organic brands since they feel they deserve a "market share" of something they had nothing to do with, and was basically opposed to them.

Grizz

Veteran
I'd be curious about the specific patents, like the three that Holmes claims have already been granted (according to the GQ article).

In my understanding, if a product is not federally legal, it cannot be patented. So for example, the "Acapulco Gold" patent that came out in the 70s, that was on a suntan lotion. Sure, someone would patent the name and/or genetics if they could, but can they (currently)?

Aside from that minor sticking point, I have no particular interest in feeding the wealthy, or letting them control everything. It's like Coca-Cola operating organic brands since they feel they deserve a "market share" of something they had nothing to do with, and was basically opposed to them.
your right, no federal trade marks for cannabis yet but perfectly legal to do so in states,

Stardog

I just read this article before I logged in so I assumed somebody else had and posted it...Honestly I couldn't be more irritated than I am by green rushers and money people. We've been fending these ass hats off for years and now they're coming for what's basically ours as a community, the outlaws that had the stones to roll the dice in the first place?? I can only hope they fail because I sure don't know how I'm going to fight them.

Junk

I thought you could only patent something if you modified it genetically? That's how Monsanto does it. You can't patent a "natural" plant.

And as a schedule 1 I thought you couldn't research it? So how could you patent it?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let 'emfile patents n shit!

Seeds can't fuckin read so they don't know they're not supposed to germinate.

As R.A.W. said...
Do as thou will.

HqFarms

I thought you could only patent something if you modified it genetically? That's how Monsanto does it. You can't patent a "natural" plant.

And as a schedule 1 I thought you couldn't research it? So how could you patent it?

I don't know about that. Roses are patented