Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > How am i doing? How much yield can i get?

Thread Title Search
Click to see great Glass, Pipes and Bongs at Aqua Lab!
How am i doing? How much yield can i get? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2017, 05:11 PM #11
homegr0wer

homegr0wer is on a distinguished road
Well my point here was to "maximaze" the yield (=1g/w), not to argument about g/w as a metering scale. I don't pay for the electricity in my closet, so I just want to know how I can maximize my yield and the quaility.

Thanks for your suggestions so far, I will remove some leaves and cut stems from where h.i.d can't reach.

homegr0wer is offline Quote

Old 08-26-2017, 06:02 PM #12
MrBungle

MrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of light
I'd lower the light a bit too.. it looks like its 24-36 inches away.. if thats a cooled 600w you can drop that light a bit closer....
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 08-26-2017, 06:41 PM #13
Easy7

Easy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of light
I calculate a lot of power bill expectations. Seems something better for a warehouse grow.

Veg lights that dial down can make a longer veg grow similar in cost to a short veg sog. But laws limit plant counts. Almost no one sogs anymore. 16 plants when 4 would do, is more work.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:21 PM #14
master kusher

master kusher will become famous soon enoughmaster kusher will become famous soon enoughmaster kusher will become famous soon enough
Maybe go buy an LED light online because those are cheaper and come with both ends of the spectrum if you don't want to I suggest buying a metal hallide light bulb for vegging and then switching it to a hid for flowering if those plants are already into flowering the most I see in your future is 100-220 grams but if you veg. for another 2-3 weeks I can see 480 grams doable that's to say you don't pick early (some people have this problem, I don't know if you're one of them.)
Also some one said earlier hydro I second hydro if you have a lot of time and a good bit of funds (probably after this grow.) You'd be surprised by how much quicker they grow in a dialed in hydro set up vs. a soil set up. But for me soil is the way to go.
master kusher is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:34 AM #15
Spaventa

Spaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegr0wer View Post
Well my point here was to "maximaze" the yield (=1g/w), not to argument about g/w as a metering scale. I don't pay for the electricity in my closet, so I just want to know how I can maximize my yield and the quaility.

Thanks for your suggestions so far, I will remove some leaves and cut stems from where h.i.d can't reach.

You say electricity is irrelevant so WHY are you concerned with Grams/Watt?? If electric is free and unlimited, base your assessment another measure of efficiency... like space? Grams per Square foot or yard? OR grams per month? or year?
For quality.. get a kit to test cannabinoids and terpenes. Mine cost about $200 and does 10 tests. Cannalytics the company is called.

I meant to say that a good average yield is 500g per square meter or about a pound per square yard, if its quality bud. With a lesser quality, higher yielder you could get a lot more though.

Oh and through out I have only been posting to share ideas and information - Im not arguing with anyone.
Spaventa is offline Quote

Old 08-30-2017, 01:13 AM #16
homegr0wer

Here we go more, 2 weeks from 12/12. Temps got down to 74.84 degrees Fahrenheit (23.8C). What do you think?

Old 08-30-2017, 02:11 AM #17
Spaventa

Spaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
I'd lower the light a bit too.. it looks like its 24-36 inches away.. if thats a cooled 600w you can drop that light a bit closer....
He can go a lot closer - 12" is fine if its sufficiently cooled (enough flow through to keep the entire tube and glass cold to the touch)
I ran cooled 600s for years before switching to CMH.
Spaventa is offline Quote

Old 08-30-2017, 02:42 AM #18
homegr0wer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaventa View Post
He can go a lot closer - 12" is fine if its sufficiently cooled (enough flow through to keep the entire tube and glass cold to the touch)
I ran cooled 600s for years before switching to CMH.
Its like 16" now, i just dont wanna go any lower, cause temps are 75 fahrenheit already on tops. Over 1200μmol/s par is hot man

Old 08-30-2017, 02:54 AM #19
fizz

fizz will become famous soon enoughfizz will become famous soon enoughfizz will become famous soon enough
Good job getting the heat down to 74, now get the relative humidity up to 40-60% and lower the lights to about 16" and let plants grow no closer than 12" from the light.

Also, just a little tip, if you buy clear ducting for the cooltube you can sneak a little more light into those shady corners, as well as more easily monitor for any bugs that may find their way in.

And finally, don't forget to scrub trays and floor clean, perhaps sprinkle some diatomaceous earth, and give a good foliar wash before you flower.

Good luck
fizz is offline Quote

Old 08-30-2017, 02:57 AM #20
fizz

fizz will become famous soon enoughfizz will become famous soon enoughfizz will become famous soon enough
Oops didn't see your comment about 16" until after I posted. Disregard that part.
fizz is offline Quote