What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Top Pick: CO2 Sensor + Controller Combo Unit

..I obviously wouldn't go through the trouble if I was running bottled co2. I would put it on a controller and if it failed, oh well, my house isn't going to burn down or get blown off of its foundation and nobody is going to be hurt or killed.

I've ran the 4 burners on a controller and I lost a lot of sleep over it. $1k of equipment that now collects dust in my attic.

I'll just remember to pipe down next time. Everyone seems to know better here and has gotta be a f'n critic. Internet people.. I don't know why I bother.

I agree with your idea that propane can be dangerous if the system fails. Fortunately my system isn't in my house so I don't have that anxiety.

I'm not talking about modifying any part of the system. I want to add on a secondary "ignition" system -- something that throws a spark every few minutes. But I have no idea how that would work.

Bobby Boucher

I agree with your idea that propane can be dangerous if the system fails. Fortunately my system isn't in my house so I don't have that anxiety.

I'm not talking about modifying any part of the system. I want to add on a secondary "ignition" system -- something that throws a spark every few minutes. But I have no idea how that would work.

Me neither. In all my years I've only ever seen pilot lights extinguish when pressure is either lost in the lines due to high demands in the winter, or the flame is exposed to wind or water. I've been doing co2 this way for a couple years and have only extinguished my fire once when I was fool enough to try using ice cold water out of the tap for my water pots in the winter and once before I oriented my fans away from the pilot.

Either way, the idea of using a manual turn valve is to restrict the gas flow to a point that, with a big enough area (or sufficient air exchange) the gas would never saturate the room to the point that it would become combustible, let alone injure or kill anyone.

I would def be running co2 tanks if I didn't have the time to be doing things manually. Added bonus I can grab 20 x 1lb'ers from Walmart (for the same damn price as a 20 lb refill) instead of having to drive back and forth from air gas or grownbrew with big ass tanks like a madman.

..Plus I save a ton of money.

Let the trolling commence.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Not sure what you guys pay to have your CO2 tanks refilled, but I pay $10/tank (that includes all fees and taxes). Was not aware Walmart sells 1lb CO2 tanks for a 50 cents.

Bobby Boucher

...LMAO! Dude, please read! How many times have I stated in this thread that I am burning propane and not using bottled co2??? Pretty funny stuff! I can't decide if the time and effort I am spending was worth the chuckle, but wow man, thanks anyways!

Bobby Boucher

That's a f'n wrap though. For realsies. Last. Post. Ever.

I'd like to thank everyone that helped me out.. Icmag dev's and og's.. Special shout out to the hvac and electrical guys..

The rest of you can all go clean your rooms and read a book! 'Tired of it!

Latest posts

Latest posts