What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first time growing , Any Tips ?

Sticky Flow

Age 20 days ago .. my first time ... sorry my english not really .. any tips about my babes?
One Luv
Peace

Attachments

• 20170808_121533.jpg
    20170808_121533.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170808_121538.jpg
    20170808_121538.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170808_121613.jpg
    20170808_121613.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170808_121617.jpg
    20170808_121617.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170808_121621.jpg
    20170808_121621.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 8

thejact55

#1- if possible, get each plant in its own pot. They will be fighting for space above and under the dirt. Dominant plants will choke out the small plants, but all will suffer.

Other than that, read everything on this site. Every sticky, post and whatever. Study a lot.
Dont over-fertilize, especially early on. Seems like a lot of new growers do this. Less is more and of you use strong fertilizers, build your way up to full strength.

Good luck. They look healthy.

master kusher

transplant the smaller pots to bigger ones. Maybe mix in a little liquid fish emulsion every other watering.(less than 1 tbsp)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Clones of the same plant can share a pot all the way through to harvest, but different seeds, as said above, each need their own pot.
Don't use any feed at all u til you've got a simple harvest under your belt. Add one thing at a time so that you can see the diff that thing makes.
Square pots or storage tubs are better than round plant pots.
Top your plants, single colas are a waste and can mold up easily.

thejact55

If i can respectfully disagree with one point. The topping commment. I understand the benefit of topping, i used to top all of my plants. Its not a bad thing. The generalizarion that a single cola is wasteful and will mold is not necessarily true. Mold would depend on climate and strain and overall care taken by the grower. You wouldnt necesarily want to top certain strains also, like a lanky thai. I think topping is a personal choice made based on many factors, not a definite necessity. I dont top my plants anymore because i like to see it in its natural form (landraces).
Not trying to argue, just my viewpoint.
I do like the no nutrients the first time around idea though. Really a healthy fortified organic soil can replace the need for those weird strong concoctions anyways.

Rare Pheno

Looks like your using soil. Only water the soil when the pot gets light, don't water the plant(s) if the pot is still heavy or you might overwater and hurt your plant.

Don't give them too much attention, just let em grow unless there is a problem or cleanup work needing to be done. they do very well being left alone ;]

XXX_710

Watch out for growing equipment that is cheap and over promoted. Getting a deal now, can mean dead girls later.. Buy a reliable light made for growing cannabis. Your light has to come on without fail.

Stay with soil if you've just started. It's more forgiving than hydro imo.

Grow on! Keep us posted with pics and some more details.

smoke it!

Don't let the sun heat that soil up.

Don't start trying to tell yourself you are mixing magic. ANYTHING you THINK to ADD, you put in there about HALF strength and do a watering with NOTHING between every attempt at learning to be a plant food guru to yourself.

Study. Read in NON pot forums about tomatoes and what are called ''curcurbits'' - you need to learn, life is long, many die stupid as stumps. Don't do that.

When the plants are separated into other pots be really careful and put them in shade for several days. Again: DON'T let the SUN bake that SOIL till it is a HUNDRED DEGREES.

You are doing WELL. Those plants are going to get larger until each one needs - ABOUT - three gallons. This is why there are so many 5 gallon grows.

Badfishy1

Slow and steady my man. Don't take any drastic actions... if your car veers off the road don't over correct. Find a plan and style that works for you! There are 1000 people here w 1000 different methods. You have to find one you are comfortable with. Be careful of falling for the marketing meme. Every company has 'the best (fill in the blank' on the market. Some old heads still use shit available in the 70's. Don't fall for the 'high priced gotta have this' scam

plm

Hi, your ladies are looking great!

First of all, just like user thejact55 suggested, cannabis is a plant that don't like to grow along others, she prefers her own space to grow and develop her radicular system harmoniously without the potential danger to inherit characteristics from other species of plants, especially outdoors, not in your case of course, but it can happen, so fix that by transplanting.

Water them only when they are asking for it, you have to find that balance of intervals between waterings for an optimal growth, as for feeding it goes by the same principle, only when they ask for it, follow the signs the plant will try to speak to you, and if you are well informed enough, you can speak her language also, always give her half the dosage recommended, and raise it by half of what you are currently giving it by every week, and stay away from fancy and expensive stuff just because they come in a nice package doesn't mean they work wonders.

For starters keep everything basic, let her grow on her own pace in her own style, don't stress her with fancy techinques just because that guy or that guide recommends it so, you will only end up inducing unnecessary stress if you are inexperienced with topping, lst, prune, etc. Just keep it simple and learn how a plant behaves in all stages of growth.

Also check them daily, for uninvited guests (pests) and if something like that happens, react fast and accordingly.
Other than that, let them be in peace don't "strangulate" them with your attention, cannabis is a shy plant, she wants to be left alone in peace and do her thing, and while she does it, meanwhile, you continue with your research because there is much to learn when it comes to cultivating plants!

Lastly give her the respect and care she deserves, and she will reward you greatly! Good vibes your way bro!

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
read read read, then when you feel like your heads full read some more
and use half what the label says when feeding

grow this out and learn their shapes and needs individually
take clones of everything female and number your plants

spit those two plants into their own pots

get some more perlite into that soil when you up pot

if you are using quality soil u will run out of nutes in a few weeks if you are using miracle grow or other cheapo stuff, who knows
its all mostly built for tomatos and new gardeners ,not weed

water when the pots light

let them enjoy the sun

if its gonna rain alot when it gets late in flower, bring em insode till it calms down to avoid rot and mold

thats some initial ideas

Latest posts

Latest posts