in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Female Seeds C99

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Female Seeds for Fine Cannabis Genetics
Female Seeds C99 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2016, 11:32 PM #21
Lucid life

Lucid life will become famous soon enough
Well I can definitely see a difference between these two now. The one with more vigor has overtaken the other one quite a bit as far as growth. That's the one I will take cuttings from. Maybe I will try monster cropping to see how it turns out
You can see the difference in their frame size
Lucid life is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2016, 11:34 PM #22
Lucid life

The leaves don't look super skinny though so I wonder if these are less sativa dom.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:33 AM #23
DoDad

DoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid life View Post
View Image View Image Well I can definitely see a difference between these two now. The one with more vigor has overtaken the other one quite a bit as far as growth. That's the one I will take cuttings from. Maybe I will try monster cropping to see how it turns out
You can see the difference in their frame size
Yes, pick the strongest plant for all your clones, then pick the strongest plants from those clones to go into your flower tent.

Growth from monster cropping looks odd at first because the plants don't grow the same as from seed or veg clones. For one thing the internodes are not evenly spaced like clones taken in veg and the leaves in grow differently.

Not to worry though, they grow and grow and grow and once they go back into flower, they look more like what you might expect.

I'm planning on posting an update in my cloning thread later today that shows only 14 days of clone growth that were taken during flower. You will see later, it really works.

On a side note.

I normally grind buds and haven't smoked any shake. The other day I loaded some shake that had been collecting in the bottom of the bag and it was too strong.

After a few hits, I poured it back in the bag and ground some flowers. Smoking nearly pure trichchromes on this C99 isn't for everybody.

I had read about some of the other C99's causing your heart to race and being trippy as a downside. I hadn't really felt that before this bowl of shake.

Last edited by DoDad; 06-10-2016 at 09:31 AM..
DoDad is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:12 PM #24
DoDad

DoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura aboutDoDad has a spectacular aura about
Here is the post to the monster crop cloning thread that will show you the growth in 14 days.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...7&postcount=10
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2016, 08:35 AM #25
Lucid life

Well it looks like I'll be trying monster cropping dodad. I took some cuttings and they aren't looking good. Don't know what is different but the first time I took cuttings off the goji I had a 100% success rate. Everything is in flower now so monster cropping it is! How far into flower do you usually take the cuts? I have read around 3 weeks or later.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:24 AM #26
DoDad

Quote:
How far into flower do you usually take the cuts? I have read around 3 weeks or later.
I'm not sure how late you can take them. I just take them when I need them and they always grow. I put my cuts on 24/0 at 6500k to help get them to revert to veg. I keep them at 24/0 until they are ready for the flower tent, usually 30-60 days.

The internode spacing changes and you may see some funky growth. Just trim off that funky lower growth and plant them deep in the flower pot and they will grow pretty normal.

I super crop to increase the number of bud sites as soon as I can. Usually the first time is about 1 week from time the clone goes into the veg pots.

So, 14 days to root, then plant the clone and look to super crop around day 10-14 from the day you planted the clone into the veg pot.

Veg for 30 more days to give you at least a full 30 day veg cycle, (super cropping along the way) then they go into the flowering pot, flip and grow for 60 more days.

Here is one of mine at 30 days. It has 11 bud sites and is 12" tall. When I'm ready to flip, I will plant it deep into the flower pot and let her go.

I super crop all the way up until the the stretch is over, then I stop and let the tops ripen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	368825

Last edited by DoDad; 06-24-2016 at 09:55 AM..
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2016, 06:04 PM #27
DoDad

One of those plants I posted here on 4-28 got chopped on 6-24, today.

This was my best FS c99 plant in this run. It was grown from a flowering clone, then super cropped.

It's wild ass bush of buds!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	368877 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	368878 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	368879
DoDad is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2016, 09:12 AM #28
DoDad

All my c99's in the perlite cups are now in the flower tent and new clones have been cut and placed in rapid rooters. These in the tent will run for about 60 days, super cropping along the way.

On a side note. Before I go to 12/12, I leave my new transplants in the tent with the lights off for 3 days. This seems to shock them into flowering faster.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	368928
DoDad is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:48 AM #29
Lucid life

I only took my clones a week into flower so I'm not sure if it will be monstercropping but they are starting to root which is a relief. I only kept the vigorous plant with the strong fruity smell. I felt bad culling the other one but it was kind of slow and had no smell coming off the stem and I am running a scrog. There just wasn't enough since the Goji's and blueberry were 3 ' tall by the time I flipped them. Running a 600w mh for the first few weeks to reduce stretch

Old 07-03-2016, 09:30 AM #30
DoDad

Quote:
to reduce stretch
Well...Super crop!!

Super cropping reduces the stretch AND makes more tops without slowing growth. Just bend over the tallest tops and all the tops LOWER than the bent one, will try to become the main cola.

Keep bending them over every time one top is taller than the others until the stretch is over. When the stretch stops, stop super cropping and let the flowers ripen.
DoDad is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.