Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at Seedbay
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 04:57 PM #31
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Ok Now we are ready for the fun part. I managed to get a 600w hps from a friend and now I have 1050 watts of light for this 5x2.5 space.

2/22 I mixed up some nutes in a tote (way less hassle than individual bucket mixing). Ran outta GH Micro so went to three stores to find one that was open.
So I measured out 15gl and wanted to shoot for 600ppm. My tap is very soft at 7pH and 40-50 ppms. So I messed around with the nutes in an individual gallon jug until I found the correct ratio. That would be 5m/10b which brought us to exactly 612 ppm and 5.9 pH.
so heres what I deduced. using the lucas bloom formula in my water (1m/2b) it gives me ~120 ppm per gallon so now I know how the lucas behaves with my h2o.

I hung the 600 with some hooks and chain I picked up from lowes.
And heres where we are currently at: day 2 of bloom.

Im noticing some issues on the older leaves.
Here some pics if you want to help out.

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Bodhi Super Snow Lotus -Ongoing
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - Done
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - Ongoing
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
______________________________ _
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2015, 05:06 PM #32
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
One last thing : Where are we on that budget ?
My total expenditures to date are $1043.
Im feeling lazy and spent so Ima use a photo instead of itemizing it all.

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:36 AM #33
catalyte

catalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of lightcatalyte is a glorious beacon of light
plants like a little nute burned...nothing terrible, but they are showing signs of too much nutes imho...i would say most likely Nitrogen. i'd take your nutrient down 200ppm... but, remember the ppm you have em at. Thats the most they can take from what i can see and have seen before on other strains...
catalyte is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:45 AM #34
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Thanks Tan G!
So its day 3 of flower.
And .... like
Soooooooooooo Yeah
Been having some issues with my kids health...

I think Ive found the culprit.
My brand spankin new milwaukee ph600.... I deeply suspect, Is a piece of SHIT.
for the record:

I do keep it (just the tip) wet , all the time , then rinse it after use , in my 7.0 (actually 6.3 ish) tap water, then dip it in the calibration solution, then put the cap on it , turn it off and store it.
I do calibrate it 4-5 times a week. not every single day, cause when I test it at random in the 7.0 - it tested 7.0. Soo, my problem is on the other end of the scale.
Its all of 5 weeks in use and apparently , its never been accurate. Ive been seeing issues on the kids since week 3 ish and you know just kinda rolling with it but ever since I went to flower, its magnified the issues. I bought an HM digital in a deal on CL and stashed it away in a box once the pos 600 arrived. the hm kinda got wetted up right after i bought it so i took the batteries out and let it idle and tonight, when checking and logging , I noticed the 600 actin weird.
Sooo after digging out the hm and popping in the batteries , I calibrated it.
I tested a bucket.
it was reading around 5.2. so I dipped it in 7.0 again - it read 7, calibrated the ph600 again. dipped it in the bucket - 5.9. WTF
so I did another bucket , same results. and another. all the while checking calibration to 7.
Lessons learned? I need a bottle of 4.0 for one , and the second? Always try and have a backup on meters, the third? dont trust a single meter , or even a new one. without a 4.0 & 7.0 solution , this is no bueno.

Heres more pics of the issues. I believe its been a ph problem , not calcium.

Hope Ive found the solution....

Also, I picked up a huge 100lpm aquarium airpump today.
Its tripled my airflow. and its.... kinda FUCKIN LOUD
gonna build a silencer for it.

My Grows:
Tests:

Last edited by Boyd Crowder; 03-03-2015 at 05:42 AM..

Old 02-25-2015, 09:28 PM #35
Goldberry

Goldberry is on a distinguished road
Well, heya, Boyd.

I'm wandering around the forums, all doe-eyed and new to the world, and I found myself intrigued by your "ghetto grow" and the fact that it entails a quest to help your loved ones alleviate some ailments. I wish you the best in your journey! Also, at the risk of sounding like a complete dolt, I'm not sure I understand what your initial medium situation was... I think my eyes searched pretty well for what those pebbly-thing-a-majigs are called, but alas, I could not find...
Goldberry is offline Quote

Old 02-25-2015, 11:14 PM #36
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldberry View Post
Well, heya, Boyd.

I'm wandering around the forums, all doe-eyed and new to the world, and I found myself intrigued by your "ghetto grow" and the fact that it entails a quest to help your loved ones alleviate some ailments. I wish you the best in your journey! Also, at the risk of sounding like a complete dolt, I'm not sure I understand what your initial medium situation was... I think my eyes searched pretty well for what those pebbly-thing-a-majigs are called, but alas, I could not find...
Hey Thanks Goldberry! Welcome to ICmag!
That stuffs called hydroton. dont worry about not knowing what it is , everyones a newbie once. FWIW, IM a noob.

Check out this 16 part youtube series on the method Im using here
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Its a total of 2 ish hrs but its broken into smaller parts so yeah , this is where I decided what medium I wanted to use and stick around for the show !

My Grows:
Tests:

Old 02-26-2015, 05:08 AM #37
Goldberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Crowder View Post
Hey Thanks Goldberry! Welcome to ICmag!
That stuffs called hydroton. dont worry about not knowing what it is , everyones a newbie once. FWIW, IM a noob.
Right on, right on, and thanks for the welcome! I noticed that you kept mentioning beans, so I tried to convince myself for a few seconds that said hydroton was ... some sort of exotic bean. From space. Or something.

Quote:
Check out this 16 part youtube series on the method Im using here
I keep getting an error when I try to use this video/link, good sir... perhaps it just needs to decide to function later. At any rate, sounds like a shiny idea...

Old 02-26-2015, 02:47 PM #38
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Quote:
Right on, right on, and thanks for the welcome! I noticed that you kept mentioning beans, so I tried to convince myself for a few seconds that said hydroton was ... some sort of exotic bean. From space. Or something.

I keep getting an error when I try to use this video/link, good sir... perhaps it just needs to decide to function later. At any rate, sounds like a shiny idea...
Beans = seeds
Gear equals = seeds + clones
cuts = clones
Heres a helpful glossary of terms to get you started
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=39198

fuck this heres the link without the forum disclaimer
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...hht+dwc+part+1
you need help hit me up in pm anytime, goldie

My Grows:
Tests:

Last edited by Boyd Crowder; 02-26-2015 at 03:00 PM..

Old 02-26-2015, 04:35 PM #39
RandomMan
Karma/Top Dawg Webmaster

RandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really niceRandomMan is just really nice
RandomMan has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:

You, kind sir, are my new hero. I'm laughin so hard ..... but only because we've all been in your shoes. I still catch people saying shit I don't know what it means... so don't feel bad.

Welcome to the mag, I think you'll fit in just fine. Best way to get over embarrassment is to learn how to laugh at yourself. Good stuff.... just too funny to me.

For what it's worth - people already bastardize these slang terms, too.

To some people, gear means flowers (which means buds).... to others, it's cuts only or beans only... to some it's anything to do with a company.

Don't feel bad to ask for clarification and if you come across a hater - there's a neat feature in most forums that we love....... the IGNORE button.

Most people are here to help.

Blessed vibes on your learning experience. Sometimes I sit back and wish I was in shoes of someone like yourself again.

EDIT: Almost forgot the elitist pricks. In my opinion, these are the WORST members of any community. People that refuse to talk to noobs, that won't respond to private messages, etc. If you make buddies with one of their heroes - they'll likely get jealous and boycott your threads.

Last edited by RandomMan; 02-26-2015 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: double post prevention...
RandomMan is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2015, 08:51 PM #40
Goldberry

Quote:
Beans = seeds
Gear equals = seeds + clones
cuts = clones
Heres a helpful glossary of terms to get you started
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=39198

fuck this heres the link without the forum disclaimer
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...hht+dwc+part+1
you need help hit me up in pm anytime, goldie
You da man, Boyd! Thanks bunches. Would you believe that I totally bookmarked that very same glossary page prior to reading your thread but just failed to reference it in my time of need? Maybe I was just that determined to believe in magical cannabis-nurturing space beans. It's funny, the things we humans can convince ourselves for fun. Buuut anyhow, I shall check out yo' vidyas sometime soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomMan View Post
You, kind sir, are my new hero. I'm laughin so hard ..... but only because we've all been in your shoes. I still catch people saying shit I don't know what it means... so don't feel bad.
Your post made my morning (day? night? what year is it?). Let's say you're my hero, too, due to your words of encouragement. Hero reciprocation! I'm pretty accustomed to interacting with haters in the face-to-face interaction realm, so I'll just brace myself and let any internet hate roll off my feathers. I'm excited to learn that there are peeps like you guys floating around this site, and hope that kind folks such as yourselves are indeed the norm. I figure that all I can do is be honest about my relative ignorance. Huzzah for bumbling but genuine scholars of life!