Thread Title Search
Click to buy Cannabis Seeds at Fast Buds
Sexing plant by pre-flowers Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2013, 10:17 PM #41
Javadog

Right for what?

To re-Veg switch to 24/0.

To flower, leave in 12/12.

...or so I think. Does this make sense? :0)

Good luck,

JD

Old 05-04-2013, 06:53 AM #42
fertilome

fertilome is on a distinguished road
so it is ok to find out the sex 1st and then veg then flower
fertilome is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2013, 05:10 PM #43
budman678
I come from the land where the oceans freeze

budman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to behold
I sex seedlings after five or six proper nodes. Usually take about 5-7 days of 12/12. Eliminate males, top the females at third node and stick them back under 24hr veg light. No stress and no wasted time with males if you don't chuck pollen.

Y'all can thank me later. I've been doing this for years and the guy that taught me this has been doing it for 20+.yrs

FINISHED: D-Train (white domina x qrazy train), DinaFem's Blue Widow, DNA Genetic's Connie Chung ~~grown in organic super soil~~
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241162

FINISHED: Chemdog x C99 and Subcool's Querkle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229030
budman678 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM #44
Javadog

Re-Vegging is certainly a valid approach.

Sexing plants is possible in Veg too. If you can grow out the potential mothers for a few
weeks....maybe five or six....and you will be able to spot the hairs on the pre-flowers on
the females.

If you check out my Crop #3 thread, in the first post I have shots of each mother and
a pre-flower that identified it.

I have read that male flowers appear earlier, but female flowers are easier to identify,
as only they will have anthers, hairs.

Good luck,

JD

Old 05-04-2013, 07:12 PM #45
budman678
I come from the land where the oceans freeze

budman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to beholdbudman678 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javadog View Post
Re-Vegging is certainly a valid approach.

Sexing plants is possible in Veg too. If you can grow out the potential mothers for a few
weeks....maybe five or six....and you will be able to spot the hairs on the pre-flowers on
the females.

If you check out my Crop #3 thread, in the first post I have shots of each mother and
a pre-flower that identified it.

I have read that male flowers appear earlier, but female flowers are easier to identify,
as only they will have anthers, hairs.

Good luck,

JD

Flowering for a week, sexing out the males,, toppīng and revegging is the most efficient. For most personal hobby tent growers that don't chuck pollen or have the time to wait sex out males through pure veg

FINISHED: D-Train (white domina x qrazy train), DinaFem's Blue Widow, DNA Genetic's Connie Chung ~~grown in organic super soil~~
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241162

FINISHED: Chemdog x C99 and Subcool's Querkle https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229030
budman678 is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 PM #46
fertilome

fertilome is on a distinguished road
what is topping and do i have to do it and is 18/6 ok to veg with
fertilome is offline Quote

Old 05-05-2013, 01:58 AM #47
Javadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman678 View Post
Flowering for a week, sexing out the males,, toppīng and revegging is the most efficient. For most personal hobby tent growers that don't chuck pollen or have the time to wait sex out males through pure veg
Well, I am certainly new, but I did not waste time by growing out
and sexing the mothers while the previous crop matured.

I was able to take clones from known female mothers at whatever
time I felt the current crop was close enough to done.

I do appreciate knowing all the ways possible, as I might need an
option in some future grow.

Take care,

JD

Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 PM #48
NoSocSlic

Best I have ever heard it worded

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezerBoy View Post
The Major's short version is all you really need but, allow me to bore you with a bit more.

From the moment it sprouts the plant tries to flower. The first two weeks are spent building the gear flowering requires. Once this is done it starts to produce flowering hormones.

Thing is, the flowering hormone is deathly allergic to light. It builds up hormones all night and the sun comes along and kills them all. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eventually days get shorter and nights get longer. More hormones are produced than the sun can kill. Each day more and more hormones survive the sun until they finally hit critical mass and ... BOOM, flowers.

Follow the Major's orders, keep nights short and days long and you'll be golden.
This, of all things I have ever read about preflowers and flowering in general, makes the most sense to me. Great way to put it! Thanks

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:46 PM #49
thatonedude

thatonedude has a spectacular aura aboutthatonedude has a spectacular aura aboutthatonedude has a spectacular aura about
ok, I didn't read all of this tread. and I am new to these forums but by no means a noob. why in the hell are there even 4 pages of is this a male or female? wtf? females have pistils (white hairs) males have stamens (petals that burst from round balls) that's all.

with seed either flower seed plants or take cuttings and flower tose to determine sex. why the fuck are there four pages here? this thread needs to be locked.
thatonedude is offline Quote

Old 09-23-2014, 03:25 PM #50
mia_reddog

mia_reddog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatonedude View Post
ok, I didn't read all of this tread. and I am new to these forums but by no means a noob. why in the hell are there even 4 pages of is this a male or female? wtf? females have pistils (white hairs) males have stamens (petals that burst from round balls) that's all.

with seed either flower seed plants or take cuttings and flower tose to determine sex. why the fuck are there four pages here? this thread needs to be locked.
I DiD read all four pages...and found the time doing so most helpful. Please remember that this thread is in the New Grower section. We do need the long explanations as we want to get it right. I'm thankful for all who contributed!
mia_reddog is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.