in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > HELP WITH CHOOSING LED LIGHTS

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Best Value Vacs for extraction devices
HELP WITH CHOOSING LED LIGHTS Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2017, 05:25 PM #11
EVP_Research

EVP_Research is on a distinguished road
I'm new here and have not grown in fifteen years.

After a solid month of research Ive narrowed my choices down to three lights based on PAR output data and my budget ceiling of 850.00.

California Lightworks Solar System 550, Optic LED's Optic Six or Truth LED's M9.

This is where I'll be purchasing the light;

https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/

I'm placing my trust in this store from numerous positive feedback from other growers that have purchased from them.

Good luck and enjoy your grow!
EVP_Research is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:02 PM #12
Rageous8899

Get the cree cxb 3590s. Im running 2 of them at 50w 1400ma along with a light bar i also built and soldered using luxeon blues cree photo reds and variius spectrums of the cree xml2. Prob about 170 watts true and i get close to 170 grams a harvest. Super efficient. Heres a link to my builds that has specs. If you buy any prefab lights like mars make sure you read the fine specs bexause the true watts are usually half of what they say they are. I been through mars. Had a kind led panel and that is actually legit. But ive had best results with this setup and its really easy. I use no co2. No carbon filter. No tons of noisy fans. My temps stay close to ambient in the closet i grow in and its usually like 75 degrees. Dont buy without doing a little homework. https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?u=475959

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:26 PM #13
danlilker
Banned

danlilker will become famous soon enough
@Chevy cHaze hi and thank you for the reply. no it's 4000 lumen from a 40W LED bulb (a simple bulb). anyway me not gonna buy bulbs as i've been told they are not as good as a grow led panel.
danlilker is offline Quote

Old 09-03-2017, 10:28 PM #14
danlilker
Banned

@Rageous8899 thank you for your message. yes me too i am starting to think that this viparspectra is nothing out of this world. you pay peanuts and get monkeys. so no wonder.
what lights are you using now?

cheers
Dan

Old 09-03-2017, 11:29 PM #15
hempernest

hempernest will become famous soon enoughhempernest will become famous soon enough
i like this ones, but maybe are too far from you, in any case if i were you look for a cree CXB3590 COB and meanwell driver

https://www.servovendi.com/es/lumina...130w-9503.html
hempernest is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2017, 12:11 AM #16
danlilker
Banned

@EVP_Research thanks for sharing with me

Old 09-04-2017, 01:44 AM #17
thejact55

thejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the rough
A thought on seeds. I normally get 3-4 grow cycles a year, all but one of those are purely for seeds.
If you are not in it for yeild, but mainly for seeds, you can worry alot less about a ton of light. A decent sized plant, properly pollinated and having enough nutrients and a basic amount of light to live will produce more seeds than you can use.
I have made seeds under hps, led and flouro lights. All plants sustained a generous yeild of seeds, the only factor was plant size, and the time in which i pollinated..

Growing for a seed stash, more than a bud stash.

Help the DEA fight cartels and crime, grow your own weed!
thejact55 is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2017, 02:31 AM #18
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant future
You should look into ceramic metal halide lights. They will give you the light you need and less heat than HPS. They are expensive, but nothing like decent leds. I think ceramic metal halide lights are going to pretty much force the led guys out of business. I have thought about leds befor bit the tech is still drastically overpriced. 2500 for a decent 1000 watt led, no thanks. I can build a whole room, and buy equipment for that price. I have a feeling this is going to be a very costly learning experience if you go with leds.

Good luck, and happy growing. Check out the Phillips elite cdm thread.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 09-04-2017, 03:20 AM #19
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to beholdBoyd Crowder is a splendid one to behold
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
i has a mars ii 900 watter i used for my first 2 runs - i sold it to a clone factory out in the bay
i used that cash to pick up 3 old ballasts and hoods and new 600w bulbs and had change left over

leds are pretty but dont have much use for my style

idk what your requirements are but that mars was good for about a 3x3 area , my 2 lights cover about 44 sq ft in vert

Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018

My Grows:
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - New
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - New
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
______________________________ ______________
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote

Old 09-19-2017, 05:13 PM #20
Leaf Eater

Leaf Eater has a spectacular aura aboutLeaf Eater has a spectacular aura aboutLeaf Eater has a spectacular aura about
I have seen a huge difference in a good quality LED and the cheap versions. The cheap ones are junk and the good ones are too expensive for my taste.
Leaf Eater is offline Quote