What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Enzyme discussion - DIY enzyme product

seebobski

pond water is good bacteria right found this:
Ecosystems Ecostarter Packets Pond Start Up Treatment
EcoStarter Packets - Designed to provide you with an easy way to get your pond started the right way. Two water soluble packages contain bacteria and enzyme concentrate, along with EcoSystems Dechlorinator. Package treats 2,000 gallons of pond water.
Product rating:
Buy at: AquaSuperstore.com: $4.79 | TJB-INC On-Line: $5.38 | Amazon: $5.98

talk about cheap not sure about the Dechlorinator though. any thoughts?

I will propose my theory as to what hygrozyme is. I think it is a Archeae bacteria which isn't a bacteria after all, What? well as to wikipedia here's the definition.

The Archaea (pronounced /ɑrˈkiːə/) are a major group of prokaryotes, or single-celled microorganisms that lack nuclei. In this they are similar to bacteria but these two groups evolved differently, and are classified as different domains in the three-domain system. Originally named and sometimes still colloquially called archaebacteria, this latter term is deprecated since archaea are not bacteria.

The link is here if you want to read all of the definition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaea

Here's the product.

BioZome

We are 100% ORANGIC. (USDA/NOP).
We are not a fertilizer, pesticide, or GMO.

BioZome is a highly concentrated blend of beneficial natural microorganisms put together by Dr. Carl Oppenheimer after 40 years of research. BioZome has been proven to triple the growth rate, decrease seed germination time by 2/3, reduce transplant shock, produce more blooms and increase crop yield. Plants grown with BioZome exhibit healthier roots and increased disease and pest resistance. The microorganisms are primitive "Archaeobacteria" collected from salt pans, hot springs, and volcanic regions all over the world. They are hardy and capable of living in a wide range of environmental conditions. Also, due to their primitive nature they coalesce to work as a team, yielding a high efficiency ratio in the soil.

BioZome is necessary to breakdown the trace element organic compounds. These compounds are needed to initiate and maintain all plant and animal immune systems. Healthy plants and soils use less water, nutrients, and still produce more.

BioZome can be used for houseplants, home gardens, lawns, bushes, trees and flowers. BioZome is a great compost starter, can be used in septic tanks, and for small oil cleanups.

Because of BioZome’s oil eating capabilities it can clean your soils from a wide variety of toxins. Government testing has proven the following list of the worst toxins (the Dirty Dozen) have been cleaned using these microbes. This includes Aldrin, Chlordane, Dieldrin, DDT, Endrin, Heptachlor, Mirex, Toxaphene, PCB’s, Hexachlorobenzene, Dioxins and Furans. (source: United Nations Enviromental program.

The archaea are found in BioZome.

the makers of Hygrozyme sipico and the makers of Biozome Oppenheimer Biotechnology are in the business of bioremediation which is basically cleaning oil spills and toxic land waste with these microorganisms. You can look the info up yourself. Also the maker of a popular Alaskan soil which is known for huge crops in their ads uses Biozome as their secret ingredient. I will go further on to say that i theorize that the makers of the Ocean forest soil everyone loves, uses Biozome or something just like it in their mix. The difference is that this microorganism kicks some serious ass at breaking down the potential nutes in the soil.(worm castings,guano,compost etc.).I can't find the side by side video of the Biozome next to bacteria but the difference is pretty impressive.Here's is the website to Biozome,

http://www.biozome.com/

more detailed info

http://www.obio.com/microbechallenge.htm

site where you can purchase product.

http://www.groworganic.com/browse_fertilizer.html

site is experiencing problems, but you can call. I have no vested intrest in any of the companies listed above. Also these are just my theories and i do not defend any of them. Ask me no questions i'll tell you no lies. Something to add I called Biozome and the rep i spoke to told me they were changing the packaging and what not. I asked him about the price and he said that too, so I don't know it seems that they are taking a long used product they have found another use for, so they repackage it, and wala another hygrozyme. We'll have to see. But on the bright side I think that it might be possible to create a bioreactor, in which you continously are breeding these little whatever they are, by feeding them and just taking what you need for your grows. If anyone has hygrozyme maybe you can indulge us with a little experiment.(http://www.growingedge.com/magazine/current_issue/view_article.php3?AID=190324).If it works we'll then work on how to put it to sleep so everyone can grow free.(one of my steps to overgrowing Kaos) I think i'll ask the rep some more Q's and shake the knowledge tree to see what fruit falls my way

maybe i'll get into my AN theory. maybe later.?

Some of My Recommended sites http://home.woh.rr.com/billkrisjohnson/Garden/GardeningforMaximumNutrition.htm

http://www.organic-gardening-shop.com/Agorganics/Product_Display.aspx?categoryID=88&DesignerID=0

http://www.groworganic.com/browse_fertilizer.html

anyone who has pmd me, i don't have the required post to answer. I'm not shining you off sorry.

Last edited:

seebobski

konstantgrdnr good info on the BioZome. let us know of new info on it.
:rasta: I have just started to ferment pineapple,papaya,kiwie,beet with molassos.Also started rejuvelac with soft wheatberries. if you think about it that would have: enzyme,carbs,protien,micro,macro nuets all in one. I think perfect for flowering plants in tea aka SUPERTEA super cheap . :rasta:

Scay Beez

konstantgrdnr: Nice recommended links at the bottom especially the growingedge link! I posted Biozome to OFC after digging deep through the new CW site. It's the same as Dynamic Balance but different from hygrozyme. Great stuff! It fixes N, P, silicone, and makes mychorhizae germinate faster. "one of my steps to overgrowing Kaos" - Yes! I'm tired of all these companies claiming big things when most of it can be made at home. DIY, screw the middleman, and reliance of having to buy things to produce things.

seebobski: Thanks for posting results of your experiments! More information the better. There is a dechlorinating bacteria mix at Wally World of all places called Start Right in the fish section. Its only $6 and treats 120 gallons.

- sbz

seebobski

hey Scay Beez is the dechlorinating ok for plants not in ponds?

to all: has anybody tried the pond or fish dechiorinated bacteria??

Scay Beez

Dechlorinating is great for plants, ponds, and especially humans. My digestion suffers greatly when I have to drink chlorine or chlorimine and I'm allergic to it. My nose would constantly run and get stopped up during swim meets when I was younger. I used to struggle with it.

>Has anybody tried the pond or fish dechiorinated bacteria??

I have brewed a tea using the wally world dechlorinating and ammonia reducing bacteria(s) and it works. Same bacteria. Fish have bacteria that live on their skin and they die without that bacteria... fortunately for humans our intestinal microflora are not essential to live, but essential to live super healthy.

- sbz

seebobski

Scay Beez
you talk about essential to live super healthy. and plants,people,and animals all have a relationship with this topic.the rejuvelac is good for all. if eat living food that was fed living food. how could you not be super healthy? this is a goal of mine I am working on.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey nice links konstantgrdnr i like all the home culture methods in the growing edge link.

i should be making some fermented papaya and pineapple to make a tutorial soon. let us know how yours comes out seebobski.

you talk about essential to live super healthy. and plants,people,and animals all have a relationship with this topic.the rejuvelac is good for all. if eat living food that was fed living food. how could you not be super healthy? this is a goal of mine I am working on.

thats what i love. not only does organic growing teach us to grow healthy nugs/food/etc it teaches us to be healthier as well. something you cant ever get with synthetic nutrients or bottles.

ogenko

cheap ass

cheap ass

Scay Beez said:
Evil_Indica: Hydrozyme got sued by hygrozyme so they are no longer.
grotek still has it on their website, thats the one Blunt_69 uses with ridiculous results

being the cheap ass that i am (actually i just don't like to get bent over)
i'm gonna try this Organic Digester stuff, or maybe this Pond Zyme stuff.
C16.jpg
pond-zyme_plus.jpg

seems something must've worked before all these overpriced products geared toward the overpriced herb market came out.
anyone had any experiences with these products??
ive got time to experiment anyhow as this isn't my job, just a fun hobby to grow my own medicine =)

The Dummies Guide to Enzymes

Last edited:
S

screwdriver

A few months back when I asked.

Now.

A pinch in teas and a pinch in my reused soil buckets. I put all the leaves, stems, roots, and more into my buckets and in a couple of weeks its ready for me to reuse. Its like magic, beneficial magic.

Scay Beez

ogenko: Great link! It was talking about how some of the enzyme products for ponds is just dried barley. Good chance that's all hygrozyme contains. Possibly a mix of rejuvelac and soaked grains? I saw some rejuvelac at a health store in the city the other day. First time I had seen it available commercially.

screwdriver: Yogurt adds lactobacteri (aka acidopholus). There's a post in the OFC about making it from rice wash.

Hmmm... so I wonder what other grains soaked in water wake up bacteria and produce enzymes?

- sbz

J

JackKerouac

Hygrozyme seems a bit concentrated to be just mash. They could make mash, ferment it a bit and concentrate it by heat or evaporation. This would also get rid of some of the alcohol content, which probably isn't great for the plants.

Scay Beez

JackKerouac: Most things that are fermented will contain small amounts of alcohol. Once diluted I doubt that it will be in high enough concentration to do any damage. HZ smells so much like barley wine its not even funny.

- sbz

J

JackKerouac

At wal-mart, they sell jugs of aloe juice for about $10. I know a couple rooting products contain aloe extracts. I wonder if it would be of any use at that concentration.

Scay Beez

JackKerouac: Just be careful of preservatives. My favorite aloe product is this fractionally distilled aloe (not every part of aloe leaves is good.. there is some poison in them). George's Always Active Aloe. Liquid Karma has aloe in it's formula. Spraying your leaves with a foliar of aloe during super hot summer months works awesome! I like to drink this stuff daily when it become very hot and dry on the west coast.

- sbz

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera

Scay Beez

If anyone has a Trader Joe's Market in their area they sell an organic (preservative free) aloe vera extract out of Texas for about $8.00 or $9.00 per gallon.

I drink it as well. Good stuff for people, pets and plants.

HTH

Clackamas Coot

Kenny Lingus

I personally use various home-extended fermentated mixes of EM*1

-Does all that voodoo juice, tarantula, and enzymes do + add bennies in heaps. (Produced on local strains of different microorganism groups; photosyntesezing bacteria, bacillus, and myco-species)

ManureMAX - microherds, and essential etheric plantoils

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
dont laugh me out of here ,but i have wanted to use rid x septic tank cleaner as an additive to my soilless mix it is enzymes as listed above but not shure if it would help in the mix or more likly in the composting of the mix