What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Grow Almost Complete Lessons Learned - Thoughts?

Profzim1

What I'm hearing from you all is to consider running a passive exhaust in my garage, lose the 4 in intake fan, and set up an a/c unit outside the tent or directing cool air into the intake holes in the bottom of the tent. Another suggestion was to run 600 watt HPS instead of 1 or 2 300 watt LED.

Just an update: with cooler weather (77-80 degrees F) last several days, I've gotten my tent down to between 73-84 degrees F inside in the tent. I've also had to harvest several of my plants as they were really struggling. I've gone down to one LED light inside, which contributes to the cooler temps of course, but I am only using about half the space I did now that the other plants are gone. I've got two plants that are doing just fine in late flower, my skunk #1 and one of the Citrus Sap plants. This despite flushing and they are not draining and holding onto water in the pots longer than they should (although the flushing did help some in that regard).

Based on your recommendations, I'm wondering if it would be more efficient to set up a passive exhaust system instead of what I'm doing now - I know I'd be going down to one fan instead of two, but then I'd have to punch a hole in the wall for the exhaust and use an a/c unit occasionally not in summer and regularly in the summer. Let me know if I'm missing something here. I'm wondering if I should run an HID if I plan on avoiding summer growing altogether from a yield/efficiency standpoint. Thanks again, everyone, I really appreciate how this community supports and helps each other out!

sdd420

Veteran
I'm in your exact situation . I agree with everything said. I run 9pm-9am so temps are below 85 max also added a window ac unit and that lowers temps in my 4x4 tent 10* or so. But I will avoid summer if possible in the future as my needs are small. Also no offense to organic but hydro is a lot easier you can set it up and leave for days no problem watering as their on timers. Good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts