What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yellowing in late flower

Sorceror

Strain: Face off OG BX2
Nutrients: General Hydroponics 3 part and Liquid Cool Bloom w/ Cal Mag
PH: About 6-6.5 (using liquid drops)
Time of flowering is about 6-7 weeks, I have not been keeping track

This pheno has been yellowing from the bottom. I first thought it was just a Nitrogen deficiency so I upped my nutrient mix (I'm now up to 100% of GHs feeding schedule) and it continues to yellow.
Also, how much longer do you figure until she finishes?
108.jpg 109.jpg
110.jpg 111.jpg 112.jpg

WelderDan

Veteran
Actually, that's what you want it to do. It's called senescence. The plant is using up its reserves of nitrogen and chlorophyll. The stuff that makes un-cured weed taste like hay.

I'd give it at least another week, maybe two.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont up any nitrogen feed, you should start flushing now id say, shes almost done.

Sorceror

Thanks for the info. I never knew plants did this on their own, I had thought that it was a result of flushing.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
its supposed to fade.. harvesting a perfectly green plant ends up with substandard finished end product....yeehaw

amanda88

Rarely does any flowering plant need nitrogen, maybe some bubblegum strains, plants loose leaves in bud, its natural ....chill

Sorceror

It's been three weeks and most of my trichomes are milky and I think I found one or two amber trich on the whole plant. All my leaves are dead now though, so should I just harvest now or will they be done soon?

Lexort420

It depend. From the looks of it you have a indica dominant plant which tend to be more sedating so you might want to wait for more amber. About 20 to 40 percent amber if sedation is wanted. If you don't want it to be as sedating then pull it at about 90 percent milky. It's more a matter of preference then anything. Plus you can always take what is ready and leave what is not ready til it is. That is how I do it so that I can try it at different stages and figure what is my preference for the strain I am growing ��

Sorceror

How long does it usually take from one or two amber to 20-40%? The leaves on the bud are starting to die pretty fast now.

Lexort420

That also depends lol. I would say it could be a week maybe. Do you have any recent pic you could put up? If I could see how bad your leaves are looking that would help. How are your pistils looking? How many weeks have you been flowering now? I had a plant that the little leaves on the bud had started dying off now in my case it didn't seem to matter much but it made trimming a little more complicated because I didn't want it to still have the little dead leave still on it

Lexort420

If I was you I wouldn't worry about the leaves dying at this point and if you have pocket microscope or loupe I personally would watch the trichomes daily because it could be a week or two yet but that is strain dependent. Indica's finish usually at 8 to 10 weeks roughly so you are coming to the end. If anything you could take a little bud off and quick dry it in the oven at 170 degrees Fahrenheit's, I like to at least keep it at 200 or lower, and test it out so you know if you like the high it produces at this stage. I do this when working with a new strain, quick drying make it taste like hay but as long as you don't over dry you will be able to test it for potency

HydeRowe

Rarely does any flowering plant need nitrogen, maybe some bubblegum strains, plants loose leaves in bud, its natural ....chill

This is a common misconception. Flowering marijuana plants need nearly as much nitrogen during flowering as they during veg.

X

Xray Kimono

If I was you I wouldn't worry about the leaves dying at this point and if you have pocket microscope or loupe I personally would watch the trichomes daily because it could be a week or two yet but that is strain dependent. Indica's finish usually at 8 to 10 weeks roughly so you are coming to the end. If anything you could take a little bud off and quick dry it in the oven at 170 degrees Fahrenheit's, I like to at least keep it at 200 or lower, and test it out so you know if you like the high it produces at this stage. I do this when working with a new strain, quick drying make it taste like hay but as long as you don't over dry you will be able to test it for potency

Just wet trim it and blast it w a torch in your bong. Youll get a better idea about the type of taste as well as the high.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a common misconception. Flowering marijuana plants need nearly as much nitrogen during flowering as they during veg.

You are so correct, Hyde!! Plants need nitrogen, just a smaller ratio in bloom/bud phase. Phosphorus is what adds to fruit, berries, flower formation.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nope. Incorrect! Sure, fan leaves yellow towards the end, but it's because of the end cycle of plant, esp. seen in autos.

Plants of ANY kind, cannabis notwithstanding, need nitrogen....smaller proportion in flower/bud stage.

Last edited: