What's new

3rd time is the charm

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do have a journal and it does help. As the OP states 3rd time is the charm. This is my third attempt and I get a little better each time.

Awesome!! Just enjoy the end product....don't worry about yield for now. Many seem to be hung up on that concept. A few more grows, it'll become second nature, PTP!!

Good luck!

PTP

So what do you think too soon to add mag pro and silica? Hate to have another set back as they are finally growing at a normal rate and showing little damage from nute burn or knats.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So what do you think too soon to add mag pro and silica? Hate to have another set back as they are finally growing at a normal rate and showing little damage from nute burn or knats.

Weak solution, see if the plants resolve.

PTP

Right now my PPM are 180 using dyna gro pro foliage. I was thinking drain the reservoir start my PPM at 100 and add the silica at 1/2 the recommended dose. Wait a few days then add the mag pro at half the recommended dose.wait a few more days if all goes well then bump my PPM up in increments to 200.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Personally, i feel like they are still young enough to be on straight phd water still. Once they get a few sets and you see the old stuff start showing some signs that there hungry, then start with your base nutrients.

PTP

The two older ones were turning yellow, real yellow and growth had all but stopped. I can drain the the reservoir and start back at zeroe but what about the older ones?

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Whatever your base grow nutrient says to use, go 1/4 of that and slowly work your way up. I wouldnt worry about the silica and calmag yet unless youre running r.o water. Just go with a base grow nutrient with a decent n-p-k

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Also for future reference try not to mix strains in hydro. What one strain can take another might not be able to. I see your running kushberry. Is it the one from Dna??

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
No light should come in contact with hydro solution. HID passes through things you would never expect - PVC pipe, reflective material, plastic bins, pots, etc.. I used panda film on everything. If your water goes funky fast, you can run bleach solution through everything (not the plants) or Physan 20, between grows.

Use heisenberg tea and airstones - http://www.rollitup.org/t/dwc-root-slime-cure-aka-how-to-breed-beneficial-microbes.361430/

What PPM meter are you using??????? Seedlings should get 250 PPM, GG4 gets about 600 in full grow, and OG's get 1300 PPM. Do you possibly have an EC meter and are using it wrong???? 600 PPM (hannah scale) is 1.2 EC.

Seven more posts and you can PM. You can post to what are you watching now in Tokers Den to get there quick.

Granger2

Veteran
I would start the silica with the first feeding to strengthen the plants early rather than late. -granger

PTP

So pissed! For reasons I cannot discuss I had to trash the whole garden. Waiting for the sun to go down so it's not so hot then will start over. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for all the help that has been offered since I started this new endeavor.

Latest posts

Latest posts