What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do YOU rinse your coco?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
caligreen, you sure as shit shouldn't be preaching about using the search button. Maybe you should re-read the thread about coco and thrips to see what I'm talking about...

caligreen said:
Look I dont know about you clowtown but sometimes I am high and just dont wanna work thats why I ask you guys hoping to get a good answer....I thought I could ask.

G

Guest 18340

Now hold on a minute bounty29, you're way off base. I was not trying to start ANYTHING. The fact that my thread ended up under pigpens is a coincidence, how can i control that? No one had pics of the process and since the subject has come up before i figured i'd post pics on how i do it. My bad.
I did not think i was insulting the guy by telling him to use the search button. Shit is getting blown way out of proprtion here.
I've NEVER started ANY shit on ANY forum here, not my character.
So lets stop slinging shit here already. Please.
If my "use the search button" statement was off base, then i apologize.
Gaiusmarius, please delete my "How i rinse in coco" thread. Not worth all this fighting
Peace everybody, Evl...

Last edited:

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
As coco growers we should all just agree not to always agree...

But shit these days I flush my coco before I use it rather than after hydrating it. If you flush real good with whatever you're feeding to whatever you're putting in it, it serves the same purpose as flushing it any other way... I'm taking it most people have a way to control run off, so this shouldn't be a problem. But yeah I let chlorine dissipate before I use any kind of water and I don't PH the tap water I hydrate with. If you do a good flush before planting PHing wouldn't be necessary and yeah I run it until my runoff turns clear.

There's many ways, nobody's claiming their way is the wrong way, so somebody's gotta be right. Choose whatever the hell you will.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
evlme2, I apologize if you feel I'm off base. I don't feel that way.

You posted twice in this thread before creating your own, which was created less than an hour after you told the thread starter here to grow up.

G

Guest 18340

Ok, i'm gonna attempt to clarify things.
When i said "use the search button", i didnt mean it as "hey asshole, use the fucking search button you lazy piece of shit".
It was more of a "try the search button, the subject has come up from time/time in one way or another".
Get it?
So whats the big deal? Tie me to a pole and flog me, for what?
C'mon man, i aint that type of guy. I dont start shit, and i respect everyone.
I'll man up...If i came across as disrespectful to ANYONE, then i sincerely apologize.
I'm a good guy, peeps can vouch for me on this site. I made/met friends from this site and i'm just here to help when i can, and learn.
Peace bounty, Evl...

Last edited:
G

guest5703

"I'm gonna put a stop to this right now" really makes you sound quite arrogant considering YOU AND EVLME2 WERE WRONG regarding the fact that the physical process of washing coco has seen very little discussion thus far. bounty29 hit the nail on the head.

The only thing I was putting a stop to was pig-pens childish attitude. AND I BROUGHT QUOTES TO BACK IT UP.....from TWO different threads! He was acting rude on both this thread and on evl's new one just to be an ass.

The facts were as posted evl asked him to use search and he ends up calling elv out and telling him to "grow up" and also " don't be a dick"

Are you seriously defending this guy?? He MIGHT be right saying there arent many threads on this topic although if I did use the search button I'm sure I could find some so he MIGHT be right on that point. BUT I didnt come into the thread stating use your search button, I only Quoted what evl has said and the Childish remarks made by pig-pen.

Someone who has less posts IMO either just got a new account or doesn't contribute that much. I don't care if your here everyday, if your not helping people out then why should we back you up when your being an ass???? Evl was just trying to help us all by showing pig-pen how to not making new wasteful threads.

I think evl was a little hasty when he made his own new thread about the same topic, but it was obviously spurred by pig-pens immature attitude.

I may ASK someone in a thread that's not started by me, about products I don't feel like searching for so yes you could say I am lazy as well but I am not starting new threads with info that can already be found dude. If you'd like to point out how I don't use the search button go for it, But that has got nothing to do with what I was trying to show here. I think pig-pen was rude to come ask for help then when someone asked him to search next time pig-pens just made those stupid remarks. I'm not trying to change anyones mind just state what I saw thank you.

Last edited:
G

you really think that condescending, contradictory remarks are going to make someone else be more mature??

i think your position is very flawed here....
you said "For you to ask a question that has many threads already is a waste of space. The very start of this forum states clearly to USE THE SEARCH BUTTON and try to not make new threads if there already existing."

and then you say "...but I am not starting new threads with info that can already be found dude."

the physical means of rinsing coco DOES NOT have "many threads already," nor is it "info that can already be found."

the whole premise behind your starting new threads logic is flawed becuase the topic hasnt been heavily discussed in the past. oh and get the story straight, pigpen made the "covered your face...." followed by evlme2 with "grow up dude..." to which pugpen replied with the "dont be a dick..." retort. but thats small beans

it looks to me like evlme2 and pigpen had a lil disagreement and now its all good so im done with this thread peace and smoke dank

Sirius

Shan Diego said:
This is a good topic. Your stealth can be compromised by a plummer having to poke around in your home. I had to unclog my own drain a while back...with 5 family members in my house who are not privy to the closet next to the clogged shower drain and confused about why I could not just call the landlord and get a pro plummer over here.

If you're living in a house with people who haven't figured out you grow, then how could a plumber possibly compromise your stealth? He pulls out some brown, organic substance, and they decide to search your room or something? :confused:

Change your avatar man, that shit is disgusting. :nono:

Stone

This is a really good topic...
Now can we please get back to it?

My next grow will be w/ Botanicare coco & I'll probably at least do some minimal flushing.
I'm wondering if there weren't a method of flushing that could help mitigate any harmful effects hardwater could have on the coco?

My question is w/ cocos high CEC, wouldn't hydrating/flushing w/ R/O water be quite useful?
If ions are gonna stick to coco, I'd rather they be a useful, balanced line of nutes rather than a s**t ton of calcium carbonate.

Besides, just b/c you aren't seeing horrible lock-outs or toxicities, doesn't mean a hard water hydrate/flush hasn't negatively influenced your grow and/or yield...

D

DEDHEDFRED

Soak it and read the run off ppm`s ......

Soak it and read the run off ppm`s ......

I`ll settle this to some degree as there is no consistency in coco to base this so-called rinse method on......EC/ ppm`s vary so widely that you`ll lose your mind tryin to figure out whereta start from and whereta go to I assure you........There are so many manufacturers/importer/exporters of this up and coming medium that there`s no way to know what you`re getting from 1 bale or brick to the next as far as consistency and ppm`s......The pre-washed pretty stuff in the bags will probably suit the smaller growers but when I get hold of 50-5 kilo bales it`s a nightmare to deal with I assure you.........If your coir is powdery and mushy once hydrated then you`ve got problems..........I`ve gone through numerous batches to come up with the proper mix for aeration and explosive growth through the veg cycle and being able ta finish thru flower......I use 50/50 chunks and fiber with all the mushy non-fibrous shit getting used for mulch around my landscaping as it`s worthless for growin dope due to not being able to dry out in a timely fashion without drowning the plants.....Anyways...........Ya`ll take care ....DHF........... :joint: ............

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Stone - I always wondered if that attributed to people's Cal/Mag problems in coco. I rinse with tap water, so that must add some Cal/Mag into the coco with the initial flush, maybe that's why I haven't seen any problems with it. I'd be curious to see a side by side with stuff flushed with regular nutes, tap water, and distilled/RO water.

I believe so bounty. I've never had an issue, but I use Cal-Mag in small amounts all the time. I also use dolomite lime, out of habit from my soil days (and the 50 lb bag is just sitting there useless) which I'm sure helps prevent at least calcium deficiencies.

It's time for me to do an assload of research and experimentation. I'm irked.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
(Taken from a post in my Blockhead thread)

That's one brick of GH fine coco in the T shirt. I zip tied the arms and neck and it worked great, not a single piece of coco went through and I was able to rinse it very easily. I filled up that tote with about that much water three times and soaked and agitated the coco filled T-shirt for a while until the water looked like above. I did this three times, the first time the water was 1.07ec, the second time it was 0.44ec, and the third time it was 0.24ec, after that I started putting together the hempy (cat litter) bucket.

SofaKingHappy

I use a pillow case, hot water, and measure PPMs till they are the same as when they go in. Then into the smart pot it goes. Hope this helps someone, as this thread is pretty old!! lol