What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lookingto incorperate Coco Coir into an E&F

Ono Nadagin

I am just gearing up again after a few years sabatical.. ok it was really a messy divorce.

Coco Coir was a something I was interested in trying when I called it quits, but there was lttle info about it at the time.

I still dont find much info on it and even less on E&F applications.

I run a small 2x3 closet E&F with 100% Hydrotron as a medium with a 430hps, generally 1 strain from clone(x15) at a time .

I am really looking for any and all links to good info on growing in coco coir, and especially info/links about it being used in E&F.... as I would love to learn from others successes and failures rather than waste part of the year learning from my own mistakes lol

tyia for any and all comments.

Last edited:

Ono Nadagin

lol, I guess notmany are using Coco coir in an ebb and flow....

:D

I will post pics of my experiments then, later tonight or in the morning... gonna do my old run style but replace the top of my substrate with a few inches of coir... I think lol who knows... pics to come

I use Coco in E&F and will probably go back to hydroton. At least until I finish all the nutes I have. Coco specific nutrients seem to be a must. Then I will switch back but use a different method. Instead of cubes and croutons I will probably go with coco pots and a mat.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so far we have no completed ebb and flow coco grows documented here. but we have quite a number of ebb and flow grows being documented as they happen. so far the general opinion seems to be that it is a good way to go. in a few months there should be pictorial evidence of that. meanwhile do a coco forum specific search for ebb and flow and you will find all the coco related info on the subject of ebb and flow that we have collected here so far. including a thread just posted up by CaliforniaKid, who is doing coco pots ebb and flow. so far his plants look very healthy.

nandro

gaiusmarius said:
so far we have no completed ebb and flow coco grows documented here. but we have quite a number of ebb and flow grows being documented as they happen. so far the general opinion seems to be that it is a good way to go. in a few months there should be pictorial evidence of that. meanwhile do a coco forum specific search for ebb and flow and you will find all the coco related info on the subject of ebb and flow that we have collected here so far. including a thread just posted up by CaliforniaKid, who is doing coco pots ebb and flow. so far his plants look very healthy.

I'm trying to get a buddy of mine to come down in here and explain his E&F COCO setups. Perhaps he'll roll through soon... I'd rather not try to reitterate his system in my own words.

Peace,
Nandro :sasmokin:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah nandro, i appreciate it, nothing compares to first hand info when it comes to growing details. specially with coco, where things can start so well and go so wrong half way through 12/12, if one gets it wrong with the nutrients. or adds epsom salts. :D

gaiusmarius said:
yeah nandro, i appreciate it, nothing compares to first hand info when it comes to growing details. specially with coco, where things can start so well and go so wrong half way through 12/12, if one gets it wrong with the nutrients. or adds epsom salts. :D

I know what you mean. I wish I had wandered into this forum earlier. Then my current setup would be much better. Now half way through 12/12 things are actually starting to go right! :pointlaug