What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

container size progression?

NPK

Hey, I have a question about the size progression of pots when one is transplanting in coco. Picked up some new clones yesterday...ultimately I'll be flowering 'em in two-gallon pots, and am wondering whether I should just put them in those right off the bat or whether I should start 'em out in one-gallon pots.

What say y'all?

G

ya gonna flower em right off the bat? 2 gallon would be fine. Ya gonna veg em for awhile? I'd start em in 1 gallon then. They rooted already?

NPK

Hey there OP, that sounds about right. I'm going to veg 'em for a bit, so I'll start 'em off in the one-gallon pots. Thanks for the quick response. :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it is better to use a small pot to begin with and let the plant fill it with roots before you repot to the next size up, doing this a few times up to the flowering phase will make you plants use the medium much more evenly then when you plant directly in to a huge container.

BlueBear

Right now I have a 1 FT girl from clone with about 30 branches and ener nodes in a 1 liter pot and she's still not poking any roots out yet. I got a girl in coco a while back about the same size and the guy had her in coco in one of those little 4x4 planter trays. I got her from him and never the less she will give me about 4 to 5 zips this round, but she is stretching her legs out in a 3 gal now.
Adieu