What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Rhino & Blueberry Winter Indoor Grow

NCbuds

So today I set my timer from 18/6 to 12/12...10am to 10pm. I'll show some pics tonight of them. They've bushed out and sprouted like crazy over the past week. I fed them today with PBP 50% veg 50% bloom mixture with 10 mL liquid karma. They have been vegging for 6 weeks now!

NCbuds

thank you....
I forgot to mention that I will be switching my bulbs too tonight, from the MH to my 400w Hortilux Super HPS bulb...Pics comming soon...

NCbuds

Some recent pics...
I have a lot of roots comming out of the bottom of the pots. Should I transplant when I know which are females? I am in the 1st week of flower now..already found 4 girls

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
congratulations on starting the 12/12 phase, now the fun can really begin.

yes transplant them, as you discover the ladies, dump them as you discover the male balls, lol. no transplanting the males obviously :D

NCbuds

Hey I am about to relocate these girls to a new place and wanted to put in a SOG screen. Am I too late to scrog these girls? I wont have as many plants as I have right now too. If so, can someone explain a little detail on how I go about it?
Thanks!

stikky budz

NCbuds : Ideally you should have put in a SCROG screen during veg.

The idea is to have a screen, on average 10-12" above the grow medium, grow the plants until the branches reach the screen,,,,,, then as the branches grow 3 - 4" above the screen keep tucking them under and along the screen to the next hole,,,,,,, fill the screen 50% +,,,,,, switch to 12/12 and keep training under the screen for 2 weeks or so into flower as bud sites start forming,,,,,, then leave to do the business :D.

The amount you fill the screen before flowering depends on strain and reaction during initial weeks of 12/12 ~ stretch. You should keep training during the first few weeks of flower to account for this,,,, so its always best to know the strain you're playing with.

In your case...,, Yes, you could still put a screen in there now.

If i was you though, i'd see how far over i could bend the main stem on your plants first.
Bend them over as far as you dare,,, tie them in position and leave over night. The next day untie them and bend them over a bit more and retie in position. ~ you'll probably be able to get them at 90 degrees over a day or two.
Place a screen a couple of inches above the height of the now new canopy level.When you untie the bent over plants they'll all spring up a few inches probably,,, and fill the screen a fair bit :D
Arrange branches so they're all going off in different directions with a bit of room to move.
Train them as normal from there under the screen as described above for another,,,,dunno,,,10 days or so,,, until the screen is full :D

Thats how i'd do it anyway.

Last edited:

NCbuds

Just another update...I have transplanted 6 for sure girls into larger pots and another plant that I think will be female in another day or 2. But here they are!!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
NCbuds said:
Hey I am about to relocate these girls to a new place and wanted to put in a SOG screen. Am I too late to scrog these girls? I wont have as many plants as I have right now too. If so, can someone explain a little detail on how I go about it?
Thanks!

you are not too late to sog these girls. i normally add my net on day 14 of 12/12, this is when the first real flowers are visible with 8 or 9 week strains. i will hang the net just above the growing tips, with the tallest tips sticking through the net here or there. in the next weeks they will form tops that will be perfectly supported by the net, meaning the plants can concentrate all their energy on bud production, instead of having to struggle to keep those heavy colas up.

if you want to scrog, then follow sticky buds advice. the two are very different, in a See Of Green you don't train the plants, like in a SCreen Of Green garden.

NCbuds

Awsome...thanks for your advice everyone! I will look to get a screen or net of some kind soon, since I am at day 7 of flowering.

I have sexed all my plants today....the results are in!.......

I have 5 girls out of 11!
3 White Rhino's and 2 Blueberry

Horray for me!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Now the girls have a lot more room in there to get the light. I can't stop just looking at them, they all look so good, with no nute diff or anything like that. I took a couple bottom fan leaves off each plant....dont really know why, I just did... :chin:

G

Good looking plants man, I also have 3 white rhino females 3 weeks flower. very nice and easy to grow plants, just hope the finished results are as good :)

NCbuds

Nice holy! How they lookin? You have any pics?
I definatly want to know when you harvest your girls, and maybe can give me some tips as you get closer to harvesting...
What nutes are you using? Light?

G

Hey sure I Can post some pics.

I´ve been feeding them 20 ml pr 10 l canna a+b through veg, increased to 30 in beginning of flower. I gave them pk 13/14 earlier this week, and have been feeding 25 ml a+b since then.
Heres some pics..

NCbuds

So how long did you veg those WR's? B/c they look pretty tall....I've vegged mine for 6 weeks and there at 2 - 2.5 ft. right now. I'm 1 week into flowering now.
What do you think they'll grow to? I only have about 4 ft. of growing space before they would touch the light. hmm...

G

Well I vegged for a month +-1 week two of the three stretched like hell in week 2 and 3 lets see how week four will be. Theres also an indica pheno that didnt stretch that much, this is about 70cm the other two are about one meter from the coco up.
Tie them down if they start to stretch they have lots of hybrid vigour so they need to be stopped lol! Four feet is fine i think:) no problem.