What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Pilot CO2 10 burner

Hookah79

I have an Auto Pilot CO2 10 burner (natural gas).In their manual it asks to use the provided regulator.But in the pic of the provided items that came/comes there is no regulator for the natural gas unit.It only came with 5/16 tubing to connect to the gas line.2 identical new boxes came like that.

I called one store they said that maybe you have to purchase it separately .I called another they said that the new ones are electrically ignited and that its not needed ��.

I am confused , I already have a 1/2 gas line ran ,so basically do i just buy a 1/2 to 5/16 adapter and connect em????

The instructions says use the regulator unless your psi is at 4.5 which is not in my case,it’s at 7-8.??????

eric2028

Veteran
I’ve bought several autopilot 4 and 8 ng burners they always came with regulators. You should call autopilot and explain the situation. I d bet they’d take care of you if you have a receipt or whatnot. Good luck

Hookah79

I’ve bought several autopilot 4 and 8 ng burners they always came with regulators. You should call autopilot and explain the situation. I d bet they’d take care of you if you have a receipt or whatnot. Good luck

I tried looking up Autopilot’s info with no luck.I get directed to Hydrofarm,so i called them and after asking around the gentleman there says that the new NG units have the regulator built internally right behind the flare adapter that you connect your hose too.IDK,i would feel so much comfortable to speak to someone from Autopilot or if someone else actually has this unit plugged in with no external regulator....

EDIT: So i opened an older generator laying around and compared it to the new 10 burner and it looks like it allready has the regulator built in.

Attachments

• 0DD0FCAB-9B16-40ED-88A7-DADF0576D719.jpg
    0DD0FCAB-9B16-40ED-88A7-DADF0576D719.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11
  • D7A1E83B-769D-4F8B-BAA8-0CE338303D28.jpg
    D7A1E83B-769D-4F8B-BAA8-0CE338303D28.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

eric2028

Veteran
Nice. It does look like it from the picture. I Havnt bought a new one in a couple years. I d just hook her up like you were thinking and just confirm that the flame is nice and blue, not orange and lazy. I always have a couple carbon monoxide sensors at grows for added precaution. Good luck bud

Hookah79

Its very strange that the hose that it came with has a flare fitting on one end and nothing on the other.It came with a hose clamp.So it’s either i have to find a 3/8 flare/barb fitting or go buy me a new hose.I am not even sure if it’s safe to use those fittings,since they come in brass or stainless steel.Very disappointing.

eric2028

Veteran
Hey so I took a sec and looked up the user Manuel on hydrofarms website. They showed what’s in the box. The hose IS suppose to just have a hose clamp on one side. I would def start with that Manuel. They tell you exactly how to hook it up. Hopefully that will help you bud. I’d definitely be questioning that hose clamp too, but I’m use to the older models also. Peace

Hookah79

That’s the thing though ,step 6 tells you to connect the one end to the flare fitting that’s actually connected to the (internal) gas regulator that they don’t mention,and then connect the other end to the provided regulator which again is not a loose item.Or ami reading this ass backwards????

Attachments

• 7B83DA49-79CC-4EC7-A39E-23239DBD5750.jpg
    7B83DA49-79CC-4EC7-A39E-23239DBD5750.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 10

Hookah79

I went ahead and bought a seperate burner hose,it sucks but i can sleep better at night.Even my Hvac buddy told me he’s never seen something like this.