What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone getting a lot of sediment from Fox Farms Big Bloom?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I mix my nutes in a 5 gallon bucket and then I use a submersible pump attached to a hose and watering wand to water my plants. Lately I seem to be getting a ton of sediment in the bucket after watering.

Here is my M.O.

My water sits in gallon jugs with bubblers. Regular city tap water.

I generally take one jug and mix my nutes in with that. I shake it up real good and I never really notice anything not mixing. I use the FF Big Bloom and sometimes add one of the Fox Farms Bloom Boosters.

Then, I pour that mix into the 5 gallon bucket with the other 2 or 3 gallons of water.

I stir everything up with my spoon and then I adjust the pH.

After I am done watering, there is always a tiny bit of unmixed nute sediment. OK, no problem with that (although I don't know why I have powder sediment with liquid nutes.) but in recent months, I have noticed that the amount of sediment left is huge. Probably a quarter of the total bulk that I added. WTF!!!

Anyone else having sediment problems with Big Bloom?

Any tips for mixing nutes to help them blend? Lecithin for plant food? LOL

Thanks

Isn't Big Bloom the brown/cocoa colored nute in the fox farms line? If so, doesn't it contain a bunch of worm casts and guano? I would think sediment goes with the territory on that deal. Has it been more prevalent towards the bottom of the jug? Shaking that stuff up and not letting any grass grow under your feet is probably key as that stuff probably wont remain homogenous.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I think you're right. It's just the nature.

I never noticed it because I always watered from jugs. Now, I am using a submersible pump setup and by the time I get done watering, a ton has settled already.

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts