What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Xtractor Depot

gumby420

Anyone gotten a "rig" from them lately? Has everyone still been happy with the quality etc? Just curious how they're still doing...

dont have a rig from them but a lot of parts to upgrade my mk4. just recently got a jacketed spool,a coil and a ton of fittings to hook up dual recovery. apart from the logo being printed upside down on the spool everything looks good as far as welds. my solvent tank is also from them and Ive had that for about a year and a half with zero issues.

cheezhead

Thanks for the quick reply gumby420. Jacketed Spool's the way to go IMO. Did you get your chiller from them also? I hate wasting money on dry ice!

gumby420

Thanks for the quick reply gumby420. Jacketed Spool's the way to go IMO. Did you get your chiller from them also? I hate wasting money on dry ice!

nope I still use a diy chiller. it may cost more in the long run using dry ice but I get colder temps and don't have to worry about issues with a chiller.

pharmco

Anyone have details about the Stockton explosion a few months prior?

Apparently it was an XD system. Apparently the sale representative advised using propane on a 12" system, to bad result.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Mengsk

Be sure to keep any source of spark ignition or open flame AWAY from any extractor similar to a gasoline station only in an enclosed space open windows and/or exhaust fan is absolutely necessary. If exhaust fan is used to pull fumes out opt for "explosion proof" rated fans just in case. Hopefully all these brands have the appropriate pressure relief valves.

Normally kept cold propane should have no reason to combust. Best if kept outside or separate from any sparks etc.

Xtractor_Depot

Anyone have details about the Stockton explosion a few months prior?

Apparently it was an XD system. Apparently the sale representative advised using propane on a 12" system, to bad result.

The Stockton incident had nothing to do with our machines. According to our sources, they were making pho sauce in their garage and burping all their residual gas in their garage with a water heater in the same room. The system wasn't being used when the accident occurred.