What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
I used .2G keif with 1 table spoon butter on burner set to 1. Waited about 30 min worked ok with no straining. I made one nice no bake cookie minus the peanut butter and was so damn stoned(like when you have been drinking and are sleepy and keep falling asleep and waking back up and to sleep again) I had a good3 hours before I finally fell asleep. Woke up feeling really well rested.

I have found this to be my scale
  • Light smoker .05 or half of a .1g of keif cookie
  • Medium .1G Keif Cookie
  • Heavy .2G of Keif or more in 1 or more cookies

Last edited:

mrgrowmez

Ok, hey everybody!!

this is the second time ive made butter and the smell of it bubbling away on the stove top brought back great memories from the last time!

last time i used fan leaf and leafy trim that was given to me by a mate so the cookies were so so but they still worked.

this time i used an ounce of qaulity trim from one of my NL's so i cant wait to sample this stuff!!
I'm going to melt the butter in water again a couple of times to clean it up but this is after the initial blend.

i caught a couple of bubblegum nugs hangin around tryin to get a taste!!

thanks for sticking up all the great info up!!

Bankroll

Alright people, I am pretty sure I can make the butter just fine, I was at the store and they didnt have any brownie box recipies that require butter. So what recipie are you all using?

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
betty crocker peanutbutter cookies. If your gonna use keif or hash and not bud then you can just add enoughto the oil in the recipe and it should work also. The thc just needs a fat to cling to so we(people) can eat it and feel the effects of the THC.

rusto

Beast
I had made budder a few times now and it never has came out too powerful. Last time the recipe for the cookies I made required me to bake around 375 degrees F. I know that is where thc degrades so I might have screwed it up right there..what temp does everyone cook their baked goods at usually?

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
I usually make edibles that do not need to be cooked at a high temperature... Rice crispy treats work out very well because you can just heat the butter to a melting point and mix it in with the rice crispys and than just add the melted marshmellows, you can add fruity pebbles or candy for added flavor as well....

other than that i would figure you could cook most dishes at a lower temperature for a longer period of time so there isent THC degradation... not exactly sure but i have also made some very good pancakes with butter.

nice looking butter you came out with Mrgrowmez, should treat you right :D

Last night i ended up just taking a few shots of cannabutter and chasing them down with a drink... the body high was almost incapacitating.

Happy buttering

Dime

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
rusto said:
I had made budder a few times now and it never has came out too powerful. Last time the recipe for the cookies I made required me to bake around 375 degrees F. I know that is where thc degrades so I might have screwed it up right there..what temp does everyone cook their baked goods at usually?
let me do some research brb

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
These unusual chocolate chip cookies are inside-out because they're chocolate cookies

These unusual chocolate chip cookies are inside-out because they're chocolate cookies

Inside-Out Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are a 350F recipe.

1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups white baking chips
1 cup chopped nuts

1. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir in vanilla milk chips and nuts.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove form cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
(Total time will vary; cook or bake time is per batch.)

1 Serving: Calories 135 (Calories from Fat 70 ); Total Fat 8 g (Saturated Fat 2 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 70 mg; Total Carbohydrate 15 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 2 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2 %; Iron 2 % Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
r35950fp.jpg

Raspberry Upside-Down Cake
Turn this cake over to reveal its sweet raspberry-almond surprise. It's a fabulous summer dessert when fresh berries are abundant!

Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 10 min
Makes:9 servings

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk or water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 9-inch round or 8-inch square pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar evenly over melted butter. Arrange raspberries with open ends up over sugar mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
2. In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients except whipped cream with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over raspberries and almonds.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake a few minutes so sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with whipped cream. Store cake loosely covered.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Not recommended.

Nutrition Information:
1 Serving: Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 115 ); Total Fat 13 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 25 mg; Sodium 360 mg; Total Carbohydrate 32 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g); Protein 3 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6 %; Vitamin C 4 %; Calcium 6 %; Iron 4 % Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

r36513fp.jpg

Pear Upside-Down Cake

Move over, pineapple. This rich caramel, pecan and pear cake has a spicy touch!

Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 10 min
Makes:9 servings

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 large pear, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk or water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground mace or cinnamon
1 egg
Whipped cream, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 9-inch round or 8-inch square pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Arrange pear slices in single layer on sugar mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
2. In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients except whipped cream with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pear slices and pecans.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with whipped cream. Store cake loosely covered.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Not recommended.

Nutrition Information:
1 Serving: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 115 ); Total Fat 13 g (Saturated Fat 5 g); Cholesterol 40 mg; Sodium 340 mg; Total Carbohydrate 34 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 3 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6 %; Iron 6 % Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Substitution
Use 1 to 2 large fresh peaches instead of the pear.
Special Touch
Add a sweet cinnamon-packed punch to this luscious treat by stirring a dash or two of ground cinnamon into the whipped cream just before topping and serving.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
Apple-Cranberry Dessert

Apple-Cranberry Dessert

Apple-Cranberry Dessert

r37767fp.jpg

Bake someone happy with a cranberry-studded apple dessert crowned with a crunchy topping.

Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 25 min
Makes:8 servings

6 cups sliced peeled apples (about 6 medium)
2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
Vanilla ice cream, if desired

1. Heat oven to 375ºF (Go 350ºf for a bit longer) . In large bowl, mix apples, cranberries, cinnamon, syrup and lemon juice. Spoon into ungreased 8-inch square baking dish.
2. In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients except ice cream with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender, juices are bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool about 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Bake 43 to 48 minutes.

Nutrition Information:
1 Serving: Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 32g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Ch

mrgrowmez

ok guys finally here with a report of my butter adventures...

after the initial cooking of the trim with butter, i cleaned up the butter by remelting it in a fresh pot of water then letting it seperate and set. Then i repeated the process two times , the resulting butter turned out almost yellow with a slight green hue to it.....beautiful.

i used 50grams of it in a box brownie mix , cooked at 150celsius. the box suggested a higher temp so i found it was fine to lower it a LITTLE and it baked the same if not a little longer then their recommended time.
:redface:

i also added a little flowing-honey.....cause i like it.

once done i cut them up into ten brownies.

they wrok great, as a matter of fact when i started writing this post i ate a little more then half of one and now i can't really typppppppppppppppppppp

:jump:

G

I'm making this right now. I'm using about 100+g's of trim which was used twice in bubblehash project (turned out excellent) and 500g's of butter.

HotCha

Trying this one today. Had an issue with boil over at first, gotta pay attention, just like brewing, lol.

I made a makeshift bag with my cheese cloth so I can just pull the thing out once it's done.

Mostly G and Dumpster trim, I'll report once it's finished and in my brain.

*Edit* So I finally got around to making some chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Tasted great. Nice effect. Super stoney funtime!

Last edited:
made some last night
my brother said he was trippin
n sleep walkin n his sleep
i havent tried them yet
used an 1 1/4 oz popcorn to four sticks butter
used 2/3 cup of melted butter in brownie mix

Last edited:

waster

just finished my first batch of butter, and it looks and tastes lovely, time to get baking!
I was reading about making ghee (clarified butter) and aparently, apart from removing impurities, the reason ghee will keep indefinitely without refrigeration is because all the water is driven out - it's the water content of normal butter which makes it go rancid. I boiled mine 3x with water, and it did a really good job of cleaning the butter, but there must be a fair amount of water left in the butter, maybe that accounts for the poor shelf-life?
I decided to clarify the butter. I left it in the fridge until the water had dried, then put it in a clean pan, and heated it on the lowest heat setting, very slowly until bubbles started forming, stirring all the time. After a while the bubbles cleared, and I let it cool. I can't get over how pure the end product is, and while the taste of mj is unmistakeable, it's not unpleasant, and miles better than most of the conconctions I've made before. I'm going to leave a bit in a jar and see how long it keeps.
Thanks for a brilliant thread btw!

stone love

thinking about making some brownies this weekend. recipe calls for 1/3 cup of veg. oil. how much butter should i be using in substitution?? and how much bud should i throw in??

waster

4 nut chocolate brownies

4 nut chocolate brownies

I haven't made this yet(off to the shop in a mo), but looks pretty yummy, and the recipe uses butter (and cooks below 375F). It's a Delia Smith recipe, and hers ALWAYS work lol.

1 oz (25 g) macadamia nuts
1 oz (25 g) Brazil nuts
1 oz (25 g) pecan nuts
1 oz (25 g) hazelnuts
2 oz (50 g) dark chocolate (75 per cent cocoa solids)
4 oz (110 g) butter
2 large eggs, beaten
8 oz (225 g) granulated sugar
2 oz (50 g) plain flour
1 level teaspoon baking powder
¼ level teaspoon salt

Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4, 350°F (180°C).(**maybe reduce temp a bit to make sure the thc isn't degraded??)

You will also need a well-greased oblong baking tin measuring 7 x 11 inches (18 x 28 cm), lined with silicone paper (baking parchment), allowing the paper to come 1 inch (2.5 cm) above the tin.
Begin by chopping the nuts roughly, not too small, then place them on a baking sheet and toast them in a pre-heated oven for 8 minutes exactly. Please use a timer here otherwise you'll be throwing burned nuts away all day! While the nuts are cooking, put the chocolate and butter together in a large mixing bowl fitted over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Allow the chocolate to melt, then beat it until smooth, remove it from the heat and simply stir in all the other ingredients until thoroughly blended.

Now spread the mixture evenly into the prepared tin and bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 30 minutes or until it's slightly springy in the centre. Remove the tin from the oven and leave it to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into roughly 15 squares. Then, using a palette knife, transfer the squares on to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Latest posts

Latest posts