What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking weed while pregnant?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh Dougie. At it again I see.

In regards to MJ, Lots of hypothesises/hypothesi of harm, but not actual evidence of harm. Alcohol is a poison, and can permanently destroy brain cells. Tobacco/nicotine is another poison and is a powerful vasoconstrictor. What are the permanently harmful effects of MJ? to be determined ??

I am not suggesting that women use mj while pregnant, but I haven’t seen any scientific proof of harm. On the other hand, the result of past mj use while pregnant might explain millenials.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence?

Millennials are easily explained.

Old people whine about young people.

There are quotes all the way back to the Greek philosophers complaining about "feckless youth".

Not to mention we ran head first into a global recession created by your poor financial practices, individually and collectively.

EvergreenState

Not trash. Delusional perhaps or she bought into the non-stop propaganda from the pro-pot world that pot is, totally harmless, it's just a natural herb, it's simply a medicine. Hell I'm obviously pro- pot but I could never believe that inhaling any type of smoke is good for you. Also that ANY drug is totally harmless and totally void of negative side effects regardless of whether it is smoked or ingested. That's reality.
Any woman who smokes anything is at best deluded or irresponsible and at worst a totally self absorbed, abusive person.
Until extensive studies have been done that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that smoking or ingesting marijuana is perfectly safe to an unborn child, no one should use marijuana while pregnant. Doing so shows the woman to be selfish, irresponsible and honestly not ready to be a parent.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Not trash. Delusional perhaps or she bought into the non-stop propaganda from the pro-pot world that pot is, totally harmless, it's just a natural herb, it's simply a medicine. Hell I'm obviously pro- pot but I could never believe that inhaling any type of smoke is good for you. Also that ANY drug is totally harmless and totally void of negative side effects regardless of whether it is smoked or ingested. That's reality.
Any woman who smokes anything is at best deluded or irresponsible and at worst a totally self absorbed, abusive person.
Until extensive studies have been done that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that smoking or ingesting marijuana is perfectly safe to an unborn child, no one should use marijuana while pregnant. Doing so shows the woman to be selfish, irresponsible and honestly not ready to be a parent.
What a rather narrow and under educated view. As the parent of an exceptionally bright and healthy child 'because' of cannabis use by my wife, I definitely disagree with your statement. I would MUCH rather have the child alive and well, instead of the alternative without cannabis.

As for smoking? Yeah, I'm against smoking 90% or more of the cannabis being grown on the planet, and I'm not even female or pregnant. You can smoke cleanly grown cannabis all day, every day, for weeks and months on end, and never get even the tiniest smokers cough or reduction in lung function. Definitely rare on the planet, so if you're not supplying your wife with this quality... I'd stick to filtered edibles. ;)

My recommendations are the same as always. Should you have to use cannabis, keep it clean, and only use strains which are beneficial. My child is a cinderella-99 child and rather awesome. Tyvm. :tiphat:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I’m pretty sure that no one here has said cannabis is totally harmless...there are many ways to ingest it other then smoking. Tinctures, patches and edibles work really good for the discomfort that mothers have to go thru when pregnant.
There are many many choices a mother makes in the life of her child, some obviously easier then others but it’s still a personal choice we make. Nothing in life is guaranteed except for death and taxes :)

BigBlack

a very comprehensive study with 10 year follow up was done on pregnant women in jamaica in the 70s. the study is being hidden now, as much of the cannabis research is being hidden. but the upshot of the study is that the women who smoked cannabis had bigger, stronger, healthier and smarter babies.

Cvh

Supermod
a very comprehensive study with 10 year follow up was done on pregnant women in jamaica in the 70s. the study is being hidden now, as much of the cannabis research is being hidden. but the upshot of the study is that the women who smoked cannabis had bigger, stronger, healthier and smarter babies.

Could you post a link to that study or article? If not possible could you then provide evidence/links to back up your statement? (And please don't say go Google or that the government is hiding or something...)

Thanks

Maple_Flail

cite please? All the recent ones i've read paint a slightly different picture.

Unless your referencing the follow-up that accounts for tobacco use, which the original didn't. Those results yes were bigger stronger and healthier, but only corresponding to comparisons in that study where the mother smoked tobacco as well, The stronger babies on their (again, scope was limited to that data within this old study ) averages came from the mothers that didn't smoke tobacco. again this was a very very narrow scope of auditing that particular study and finding deviation within tobacco use that wasn't initially calculated and corrected for..

These finding were investigated along side a handful of other studies mainly one from 2014 and one from 2017, which paint a more actuate picture as they are normalizing data from several similar studies.

Long and short of it. There are ups and downs everywhere on the scales they chose to quantify, certain aspect we behind in areas but caught up at other breakpoints in development. I've yet to find a solid definitive negative beyond some interesting behavioral deviations. like 1.25% more likely to commit delinquencies, yes its a quantifiable increase.. but it totally within margin of error (or margin of humanity :laughing: )

Interestingly enough.. with all the Studies i'm readying.. SIDS doesn't really come up that much at all. I would have thought there would be a large prejudice to prove that is one of the causes of it.
however in literature it doesn't seem to be a focus for them.

BigBlack

cite please? All the recent ones i've read paint a slightly different picture.

Unless your referencing the follow-up that accounts for tobacco use, which the original didn't. Those results yes were bigger stronger and healthier, but only corresponding to comparisons in that study where the mother smoked tobacco as well, The stronger babies on their (again, scope was limited to that data within this old study ) averages came from the mothers that didn't smoke tobacco. again this was a very very narrow scope of auditing that particular study and finding deviation within tobacco use that wasn't initially calculated and corrected for..

These finding were investigated along side a handful of other studies mainly one from 2014 and one from 2017, which paint a more actuate picture as they are normalizing data from several similar studies.

Long and short of it. There are ups and downs everywhere on the scales they chose to quantify, certain aspect we behind in areas but caught up at other breakpoints in development. I've yet to find a solid definitive negative beyond some interesting behavioral deviations. like 1.25% more likely to commit delinquencies, yes its a quantifiable increase.. but it totally within margin of error (or margin of humanity :laughing: )

Interestingly enough.. with all the Studies i'm readying.. SIDS doesn't really come up that much at all. I would have thought there would be a large prejudice to prove that is one of the causes of it.
however in literature it doesn't seem to be a focus for them.

the old and honest research is now being hidden. i'm sorry you didn't get to research this topic before the final communist takeover of the world. i doubt you can find honest cannabis research these days. the only honest research will be from individuals who already looked it up before the hiding, and who have used it so have personal experience.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Normally when this subject comes around I always use my best friends 28 yr. old daughter as an example of someone who's mother smoked weed (my own organic homegrown) throughout her pregnancy and did no other drugs, including alcohol or tobacco. This girl turned out fine, beautiful, smart, healthy, accomplished in every way, no drugs or ciggies.

But 2 yrs. ago she came down with a very malignant form of breast cancer. Both parents and male and female siblings had their DNA tested and none of them had the DNA associated with her cancer.

So something happened along the way to cause her DNA to mutate, not saying it's pot but ....... :dunno:

shithawk420

Veteran
there is no possible way that cannabis can harm a baby. it's a miracle plant not a poison.

thats just BS.anything can be harmful to the wrong person.and regardless of thc smoke is harmful in general.makes me wonder what you guys are smoking in general.BTW my uncle was a respitory therapist and smokes 10 joints a day.hes ignorant too.

soil margin

Veteran
Smoking in your teens significantly lowers iq for the rest of your life. Imagine what it does to a baby.

Says who? I'd love to see some kind of evidence that points to an adult and shows me proof that they would have had a significantly higher iq if they had never smoked in their teens.

mexweed

Veteran
harmless no but probably not as bad as a mom with a personality disorder that causes her to erroneously clean with chemicals all over the house every single day, covid fucked those people up bad they cover the entire house with microban now

Latest posts

Latest posts