What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

weed in cambodia

Asiatica

SE ASIA REPRESENT!

SE ASIA REPRESENT!

Hello
Thank you for sharing.
Its threads like this that make my day.
I have never been to Cambo but one day........
Love the fact that even in SE Asia Cannabis is becoming popular again.
Really helps the local economies in a good way.
Thanks again and please post more adventures like this.
Peace and positive vibes.
:joint:

bestbud

Hey fellow enthusiasts, I'm also in PP and have researched alot but have not yet taken the time to grow anything substantial.
The light shops on Monivong have son-t-agro and hps setups, also you can find your timers and fans there. Down on Mao-tsa-tong, you can find your grow wool. There are chinese agricultural stores that are near Ourrysey market that have 20-20-20 liquid fertiliser and on st 51 you can get pumps from the fish supply stores and also they have flouro lightbulbs designed for plant and fish growth and air pumps and stones.
Everything is available for a professional set up or a good enough simple design.
I have grown a few crops before indoor and out back home and have a degree in hort and I'm keen to discuss our favorite hobby with you guys (girls?).

Weedio

Looks alot like the weed i was getting in Phnom Penh.
Go to Bokor National Park, i got some Laos Red Hash there, was freaking beatiful!

I found the weed to be better in Sihankouville/Bokor than in Siem Reap or PP.

motaloca

Hi. By grow wool you mean rockwool? Where on mao tse tung? I have done alot of research and so far the biggest problem is to find good soil. Any idea where to find ph meters? Tried the fish shops but no luck. There s a garden shop next 2 toul kok market. They have ferts including a 10 50 10.
Cheers mota

bestbud

Yo, yeah man, rockwool. They have the slabs down around parkway. there are some hardware type shops that sell roofing and whatnot.
Not sure on the ph kits, i'll keep my eyes open.
The soil is a hard to find I was going on a mission this weekend over the bridges to look for some decent.
keep ya posted.

bestbud

Over the monivong bridge about 10 or 12 ks out on the way to kean svey there are nurserys that have soil that is different from central market and all around the city. They have this really light mix of burned rice husks and other organic looking things in it. I'm going to try using that and some grated up dried coconut husks and maybe put some elephant shit in it also, that should give me a nice well rounded organic light weight medium.
PH kits, i should've thought of it earlier, the pool and spa shops will have em, also maybe the big plumbers supply on mao sa tong.
good luck.

motaloca

be careful with the burned ricehusk . its very alkaline. i did cowshit ricehusk coconut before but it was way to alkaline. made red cabagge ph strips.

motaloca

if anybody wants to know where to buy lights Cfl,, mh, hps, led. pumps, timers, pots, rockwool, coco, ricehusk, mylar etc. pm me the shops are all over town and you normally get only one thing at one shop
Anybody know where to buy epson salts?
peace

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
From this thread, I take it the weed situation is generally safer for tourists in Cambodia than Thailand?

I just booked flights to the region for next year, and am prepared to generally take a weed break unless the right situation arises. I would like to seek out some weed and seeds though, but am super paranoid about Thailand. I was thinking of Laos but I've heard the situation there is becoming as bad/worse than Thailand.

Would Cambodia be a good choice for a few hazy days whilst I am in SE Asia?

bestbud

Still here, I've had mixed results as of late, moved house and it's not so good on the sun aspect. I got excited and tried to grow in a box with LED lights but didn't use enough, so nothing happened there either. The soil is still a problem, when a plant just gets going and starts looking decent, it's like a root disease kicks in they cant support the top, so it whithers and yellows. Just had some more seeds pop up last week. I'll just keep plugging away at it not expecting too much.
There is some really strong weed about just now though at a few bucks a gram, but well worth it. It's had me cut down from a big joint to a regular sized.

motaloca

nice see you back. The soil is the biggest problem. I started using ricehusk went to thailand and got hydro ferts. found the rockwool but too expensive
I think I know the weed you're smoking. get your post count up so i can pm you.
I'm moving soon have found a good space. I'm using Led's now building a fridge cab.
where did you buy your led's?