What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old school is the new school.........

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Looking good. I got a couple Key Lime x Sour Dubb's I just put out to flower, one of em has a real lime zest smell to it.

I think they would do well up there with your skills, lots of vigor in them.

Is that Big Island Diesel the clone or from seed?

Last edited:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Looking good. I got a couple Key Lime x Sour Dubb's I just put out to flower, one of em has a real lime zest smell to it.

I think they would do well up there with your skills, lots of vigor in them.

Is that Big Island Diesel the clone or from seed?

I'm itching to pop the wedding cake cross an the key lime, more so the key lime cause of course terps lol. The Jack O Hazia from Karma was siiiiick lemon lime terps an been on a hunt since for something similar. Hope they do well for ya out there.

The big island diesel is from seed of a bag I got from a friend on Oahu. Zero diesel in the flower but had a strong funk in veg which is tripping me out. I've had a strawberry diesel that started out sweet but still had that hint of diesel an the sweet left at the end an was a tart diesel. This one went into flower an totally lost the diesel funk.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Croptober!!!!!!!!!

Croptober!!!!!!!!!

That's all she wrote! Took down the forbidden fruit first, and the next day went the lemon pie dawg. Here's a few shots before they went....

Forbidden Fruit.....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lemon Pie Dawg from Thunderfudge Genetics

picture.php

picture.php

Still have the Big Island Diesel bagseed out finishing up. Gonna let her go a few more days to a week an see if any diesel funk develops. If not, in the hash pile she goes.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
The whoe's of trimming. I just got my chair and table height right . Now my back and shoulders are a little better. Nice looking plants! Congratulations on a nice grow.
Peace. MedDakotabis

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Would love to see pics of the scissors.

Not much to show on em since I clean every couple branches. I dry trim too so no purple color bleed happening in the scissor hash. :tiphat:

The whoe's of trimming. I just got my chair and table height right . Now my back and shoulders are a little better. Nice looking plants! Congratulations on a nice grow.
Peace. MedDakotabis

Trimming sucks but rewarding in itself I guess. Lots of room for improvement but i'm happy where the numbers landed for the input. Next year i'm going back to my mix an with the teas on half an the other half will be a different mix i've been wanting to cook up for a while now with KNF techniques. Thanks for droppin in an checkin my jungle :tiphat:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
This outdoor run of forbidden fruit is unphukenbelievable!!!

picture.php

picture.php

Went an grabbed another hair straightener for $20 an a Irwin mini vise for $20 bucks along with some JB Weld an BOOM! Hash press 5000......

Here's some Pie Face Og dry ice sift rosin I pressed on it.....

picture.php

Coined it an let it sit open air for 24 hours an she started separating
picture.php

Took all the coins I pressed an stuck them in a lil mason an let it sit on a heating mat for 48 hours an got this gassed up saucey death.......

picture.php

Hope everyone is having a safe croptober an all goes smooth. I've got a few out for late late season lol.......(hash subjects) Hoping to get something to throw in the hash pile at the end of December. Weather will probably get em, but one can dream.

PDX Dopesmoker

This outdoor run of forbidden fruit is unphukenbelievable!!!

View Image

View Image

Went an grabbed another hair straightener for $20 an a Irwin mini vise for $20 bucks along with some JB Weld an BOOM! Hash press 5000......

Here's some Pie Face Og dry ice sift rosin I pressed on it.....

View Image

Coined it an let it sit open air for 24 hours an she started separating
View Image

Took all the coins I pressed an stuck them in a lil mason an let it sit on a heating mat for 48 hours an got this gassed up saucey death.......

View Image

Hope everyone is having a safe croptober an all goes smooth. I've got a few out for late late season lol.......(hash subjects) Hoping to get something to throw in the hash pile at the end of December. Weather will probably get em, but one can dream.

Thats some great looking photos. I can't decide if I'm more jealous of your bud or that rosin, both look fantastic.

starke

Old school truly is the new school. Great looking plants and delicious looking rosin. :tiphat:

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Wow, that dry ice sift rosin looks killer. Any tricks to reducing green material during the dry ice process? I've always wanted to try that method but have heard it can give a greenish kief. The color on yours is great.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Wow, that dry ice sift rosin looks killer. Any tricks to reducing green material during the dry ice process? I've always wanted to try that method but have heard it can give a greenish kief. The color on yours is great.

Not trying to speak for @Arthritis_sucks but IME this is what I've found works best:

#1 use pelletized dry ice - you get uniform sized pieces and no sharp edges from breaking up up bigger chunks.

#2 Use no larger than 73 micron bags for smokable product or what you intend to press

#3 Don't shake it forever - at some point you will start to break the plant material into smaller and smaller pieces and that is when you start to get the green tint. Watch your output carefully and use the largest surface possible so you can spread it out.

#4 have a larger micron size bag ready (120 or 160) and another surface ready to go and use the rest of that material for topical meds or any other purpose where a little plant matter isn't that critical.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Thats some great looking photos. I can't decide if I'm more jealous of your bud or that rosin, both look fantastic.

:tiphat: Variety is the spice :dance013: It's become something of a task to take a dab of this Pie lately, cause she takes the wind outta ya to say the least. Started pressing the forbidden fruit hash an whoooaaaaa terp city. I'll post up some of those pics when I get down to the nitty gritty with my lil press that could lol.

Old school truly is the new school. Great looking plants and delicious looking rosin. :tiphat:

Mahalos, it most definitely is. This outdoor season was a blessing with the weather an a perfect finish. Couldn't of asked for a better finish honestly. Stoked to see what 2019 brings...…..already planning.

Well after reading Dawn Patrol's post below yours, I feel like a damn Neanderthal Wook making my dry ice hash lol. Here's what I did with trial an error.....(one strain was a nice lime tint-the shook to much run, plus it was a lil airy so broke up more faster)

I noticed the rock hard dense nugs made the best product since it took a lot more to break down. I use a 220u bag that is 32 gallons an break apart a block to quarter size chunks to mix in. Get a large glass surface at least 3x3 but bigger the better to sift on. put 1-5 ounces at a time an a handful per ounce of dry ice. Then I just close the top up an hold it a about a foot above the sift surface an lightly do up an down motions that are enough to get the dry ice to go up an down but not a beating. Just enough force to see sift come out with a light tapping of the dry ice when it hits the mesh. I check the material to see how broken down its gotten an continue or stop an pull the dry ice for the next run. The nugs on the pie face run were left at a half dime size with still some goods to get but at risk of getting the plant matter starting to build. On the ancient og run it was fluffy an broke down immediately so it gave a super lime tint an pressed dark cause of it so it just stayed in a jar for food grade.

So there ya go, my no tech kinda tech not really tech method. Old school no doubt, but I will give a go at Dawn Patrol's method no doubt for the heady with some stuff I got set aside to play with still.

Not trying to speak for @Arthritis_sucks but IME this is what I've found works best:

#1 use pelletized dry ice - you get uniform sized pieces and no sharp edges from breaking up up bigger chunks.

#2 Use no larger than 73 micron bags for smokable product or what you intend to press

#3 Don't shake it forever - at some point you will start to break the plant material into smaller and smaller pieces and that is when you start to get the green tint. Watch your output carefully and use the largest surface possible so you can spread it out.

#4 have a larger micron size bag ready (120 or 160) and another surface ready to go and use the rest of that material for topical meds or any other purpose where a little plant matter isn't that critical.

I'll just say hot damn son, an I'm glad I could give you a good laugh with my kinda tech. Definately doing a run before Christmas If I could find some pelletized dry ice.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Terp tears.......love an hate relationshits right there.

HAAAAAAASH!!!!!...………….

Well I still got a working back after pulling those 32 gallon bags lol. Could of got more but I was going for more of a heady light stir, so the deer an turkeys got a nice pile to munch on this year.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not all the bags I want for an ideal run but nice for a 220,90,73 an a 25u. Now to press it up on my frankenpress.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Did a test press of the 25u an the 90u the other day. Here is some of the 90u forbidden fruit that filled the house with its terpy delight. :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php