What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What product do you swear by?

scrogrow

G `day SG

Can you tell us why the Terpinator is the shizz ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I believe the treated plants to have a more pronounced terpine profile and I've noticed a slight improvement in potency!

It is basically a terpine enhancer plus it works well with my go to brand of nutrient

Klompen

I used to swear by Bonide Blossom Set Spray. I ran out and couldn't find it again though. The other thing I have used heavily over the years is Pond Zyme, which is a bulk enzyme cultured on barley that is meant for cleaning out ponds but works wonders on plants and drains for that matter.

Klompen

I should also note that the Blossom Set Spray actually seemed to reverse hermies temporarily during my last successful grow. I had a little light leak I didn't catch quick enough and they hermed on me pretty bad in one area, but totally reversed when the spray was applied. Only for a couple of weeks though. Every time I applied it they stopped herming though. I've also heard you can use cytokinin sprays on seeds to feminize them but I have never tried that.

BongFu

G `day SG

Can you tell us why the Terpinator is the shizz ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Its basically a PK Booster with some aspirin (salycilic acid) in it. I think it was the ODA (or it might have been WA) that found it non compliant because it had about a gram of aspirin in it. A bunch of products were also found non compliant because they contained salycilic acid.

frostqueen

I have a few. I'd say SM-90 for cleaning and sterilizing my aerocloners and pucks, as well as it being a great wetting agent. The smell is also delicious.

I also love RAW's products, especially their kelp extract and their fulvic acid. These combined make an ideal spray at a 5:2 ratio to keep mother plants amped up for taking clones from.

Also from RAW, this yucca extract is outstanding for general root health and as a surfactant in foliar sprays.

Lastly, I'd say Z7. I've never seen anyone discuss it, but it's an enzymatic cleanser that keeps roots protected from pythium and other nastiness. At 1/2 ml per gallon it lasts a long time for the money.

Recharge by Realgrowers and Mammoth P by Growcentia.

-Funk

Hey FB what up? I just got some Recharge. I gave my first watering the other day. Plants seem really happy. Can you elaborate on your usage of Recharge. The Stuff is so concentrated. Literally, one tsp to a gallon and turns the water super dark. How long can you keep a batch for future waterings? Or do you mix each time you water. I just had some leftover from my first watering and was wondering if I could use the rest on the next watering. It's been 5 days or should I toss it into a regular house plant and always use fresh mixed Recharge every watering?

Thanks

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Its basically a PK Booster with some aspirin (salycilic acid) in it. I think it was the ODA (or it might have been WA) that found it non compliant because it had about a gram of aspirin in it. A bunch of products were also found non compliant because they contained salycilic acid.

G `day BF

K , I know of Aspirin and salycillic acid .
I know it stimulates the plant to think its under attack . Never heard of it influencing terps before ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

BongFu

G `day BF

K , I know of Aspirin and salycillic acid .
I know it stimulates the plant to think its under attack . Never heard of it influencing terps before ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

In activating the salycilic acid defense pathway there does seem to be an increase in certain compounds that could influence flavour/terps. Salycilic acid is also shown to increase chlorophyl production when used at low levels. Although I often find myself wondering just how much placebo effect certain products have with growers. Bit of research around surrounding application of salycilic acid to crops.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...nd_secondary_metabolites_in_Cuminum_cyminum_L

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Metal Halide bulbs for flowering, the bigger the better! Superior resin and terpene production traded for a small reduction in yield.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Traceofvenom - I mix half a teaspoon of Recharge per gallon of water. I mix it in, shake it up and apply to plants. I do this every 9-10 days and it works very well. I don't mix too much because I don't want it to sit around and make my water jugs all nasty.

-Funk

insomniac_AU

Hortitek CFLs

Hortitek CFLs

Swear by? I %@#$ing swear by them alright. :cuss::wallbash:
picture.php

I've used Phillips Ecotone CFLs for years but I've had trouble getting them lately so my friendly hydro store guy recommended this pile of shit.
I got it in the mail and fitted it and it worked fine for about 4 hours until the timer switched the lights off. Did not restart the next day so I refit my spare bulb and contact the store. He goes on some rant about how he's never had one come back blah blah..
He tells me to send it back which ends up costing me $20 and sends me out a replacement. The replacement arrived a week later and shit itself in a few hours as well. Never again. :no:

MrBungle

Ushio lights > Hortilux in my experience, but they might not be available to everyone...

another staple of my garden is pH test indicator drops

Latest posts

Latest posts